General International TV Channels Thread

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ|Christmas arc!|#DisneyPlusPH
E4 (the channel that broadcasts Adult Swim in the UK), will be launching a new channel called E4 Extra (using 4Music's existing channel slot). Box Hits will close, with 4Music taking its old channel slot. 4Music will transition back to a channel focusing purely on music.

interesting name for that (although that makes me confusing about saying as "4Extra").

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
SYFY in UK will become Sky Sci-Fi. Something that they took too long to do.

Will this happen the same in Germany, or the Sky channels and the NBCU channels here are still operated by different teams?

Francisque

Will this happen the same in Germany, or the Sky channels and the NBCU channels here are still operated by different teams?
The German team for NBCU channels indeed seems still different, it's been not amalgamated effectively.

I guess inevitable move anyway..I see people disappointed that it's not Sky Fy, but Sky Fy is not a genre, unlike Sky Sci Fi.
It'd also have problems about expanding to Italy (if it ever happens, which I doubt), as Sky Fy almost looks like "schifo" (shit adj., Or disgusting) or its "Sky counterpart" "skyfo", a term which is sometimes used by some internet communities in order to criticizs Sky lol

themidnightlore

The German team for NBCU channels indeed seems still different, it's been not amalgamated effectively.

I guess inevitable move anyway..I see people disappointed that it's not Sky Fy, but Sky Fy is not a genre, unlike Sky Sci Fi.
It'd also have problems about expanding to Italy (if it ever happens, which I doubt), as Sky Fy almost looks like "schifo" (shit adj., Or disgusting) or its "Sky counterpart" "skyfo", a term which is sometimes used by some internet communities in order to criticizs Sky lol
IMHO, I'd be happy to get Sky Sci-Fi in Italy. They would finally fill the gap left by AXN Sci-Fi back in 2017 (!).

Francisque

I think "comedy channels" tend to be fiasco's here in Italy, see Comedy Central; the American sitcoms aren't hugely appreciated as they're in certain other countries, even less more challenging American sitcoms, e.g. the likes of 3rd rock from the Sun, Seinfeld.

Some of course are successful, like TBBT, just not as a whole, on a whole dedicated channel.

And I don't think they've been able to buy the rights for TBBT anyway.

Now, there needs to be a mixture of Italian comedy production too, and I don't think Sky Italia wants to do that

RegularCapital

Or in other words Sky Cinema B-Movies.

An interesting fact about Syfy, is that it launched on the same day as Disney Channel UK.

Francisque

Or in other words Sky Cinema B-Movies.
I think it'll receive a boost now that it'll become one of the Sky channels, they didn't know what to do with that as of lately, as major Syfy content moved to Sky Max, and so on.

Now, of course Syfy typical "B movies" will remain, but I think many newer sci fi content will easily be more available there

ilpuyopuyo

ETC sets to cease broadcast on June 20 and to be replace with Solar Flix (DTT) and ScreamFlix (Cable).
287067709_10217935410737205_2002577377513719984_n.jpg

DogBoneController

J10

Permission for HGTV Pan-Regional (Portuguese).

The Media Authority decides Discovery Communications Benelux B.V., with effect from June 1st, 2022, for a period of five years, to grant permission as a commercial media institution to provide a commercial television broadcasting service via a program channel called “HGTV Pan-Regional (Portuguese)”.

Last edited:

ilpuyopuyo

SolarFlix launch promo was uploaded to ETC (precursor to that channel)'s facebook and instagram page.

Palk Áron 2002

2000s Hungarian TV Blooregarder and Artist
Universal Channel Hungary continuities from Xmas 2010. I remember the ad-break ident well, as well as the later variant, which was pink and had a different music.

Also, at the end of the Xmas movies promo, the Hungarian section mistakenly says "Filmek a Universal Channel", the -en suffix is missing.

Last edited:

Francisque

It seems CBS Justice UK (with most content going to Drama) is going to close or its content getting closer to Horror Channel, which hints to a possible rebrand or closure.

I guess it'd be better to merge the two operations into something like CBS Chill, rather than having Horror Channel without a CBS branding (and removing it from the movie section), which sticks out like a sore thumb, given it also has a CBS branding, aside from the name

themidnightlore

It seems CBS Justice UK (with most content going to Drama) is going to close or its content getting closer to Horror Channel, which hints to a possible rebrand or closure.

I guess it'd be better to merge the two operations into something like CBS Chill, rather than having Horror Channel without a CBS branding (and removing it from the movie section), which sticks out like a sore thumb, given it also has a CBS branding, aside from the name
CBS Horror can't be an option for Horror? I know it sounds funny...
Also, maybe it's just me, but I did realize that 5Action was pretty much ParGlo taking an huge page from CBS Action's book.

Francisque

CBS Horror can't be an option for Horror? I know it sounds funny...
Also, maybe it's just me, but I did realize that 5Action was pretty much ParGlo taking an huge page from CBS Action's book.
It makes no sense, given the huge sci-fi content there, it needs a much better name.

Anyway 5Action was indeed inspired by CBS Action, but I think it fits it rather well

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost there to the Round of 16 matches tomorrow.
Top 5 Best Reality Shows of All Time:

5. Total Drama
4. Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged
3. Mudkipz
2. Zelda CDi Cutscenes
1. LazyTown

81ECBwS-AgL._RI_.jpg
My turn! I always encourage people to visit my Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse blog via my sig for every issue, but the truth is my Drawing Board Thread has a lot of content not seen on the blog including Linear Notes, character profiles, Updates and even discussion! Check it out!

The second trailer's come out and people are still kvetching about Mario's voice. Get over it, already. Could Charles Martinet pull off a decent Mario voice? Of course he could, but he's not a famous Hollywood actor and Illumination/Nintendo doesn't want just gamers coming to see this movie. Stop acting like Hollywood hasn't cast big name stars in animated movies dozens of times before.
The fact that Santa delivers coal to Darkseid feels fitting.

Featured Posts