General International TV Channels Thread

Francisque

These are articles about a distant future I sometimes do not "trust": of course there'll be less of a focus on linear channels, but I still believe they'll have their place for a relatively long time, at least the main channels.

J10

These plans are announced few months ago. Still, there is BBC Scotland and BBC Alba, which is supposed to be combined to one channel, and instead of merging BBC World News and BBC News, and running BBC World News under License Fee rather than BBC Studios in 2020/2021, BBC Parliament should have been merged with BBC News like NPO Politiek and NPO Nieuws (Now called NPO Politiek en Nieuws).

Last edited:

TVArchive

For the last 5-10 years, classic Nickelodeon cartoons have been shown on MTV, Paramount Channel and Paramount Comedy (Comedy Central) CIS channels.

the last time the content of the 90s was released on Nickelodeon CIS in 2018. the company has a new policy for children's channels, they answered me - "With the fact that the series is quite old and does not fit a little into modern standards of content for children's television broadcasting"

Screenshot_20221208_140849.jpg
Screenshot_20221208_141217.jpg
Screenshot_20221208_141256.jpg
Screenshot_20221208_141419.jpg

LDM2003

Lithuanian TV Providers "Telia Play" and "Go3" have removed the Russian independent channel TV Rain (Дождь).

1670521389288.png

1670521425273.png

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

TVArchive

problems with mtv cis

1. the second day of the broadcast can sometimes stand on pause for a few minutes
2. now they show "Ridiculousness", and on top it says "Cribs"/"по домам! (Вокруг света)"

let me remind you that mtv cis is operated from London
-----

nickelodeon sic copies the schedule of nick global programs, the only difference is in the episodes - they are different

IMG_20221209_132216_514.jpg

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ|Himespetchi's birthday incoming!
Here is the first day schedule of Rock Action, which replaces Rock Extreme on December 12 (from i-Cable Hong Kong EPG).
View attachment 301758
I think they put action movies (which is Rock Action channel's supposed focus) in evening and night but still airs Rock Extreme programs at rest of the day.

The only Rock Extreme programs that will carry to air on Rock Action are Paranormal 911, LIVENow's Fitness videos, Wisecrack and Ultimate Tag (as of now)
UPDATE: from the MyTV Super EPG: i see Rock Extreme's EPG (starting December 12) seems to be nothing but Action Movies, speculating that the rebrand of Rock Extreme to Rock Action will happen on December 12 at 6am (SG/MNL)/5am (BKK/JKT)
Screenshot_20221211_175009.jpg

Screenshot_20221211_175030.jpg

If that one (from myTV Super) happened, the last program to air on Rock Extreme could be "Ultimate Tag" and the first movie to air on Rock Action could be "Bokeh".

Last edited:

J10

Surprised that no-one's talking about this but ITN changed their logo nine days ago.
I won't talk about it, as ITN of today is not the one from yesterday. They used to have a news channel with ITN brand, before it became ITV News until its closure, and there was an international news bulletin for NBC Super Channel in the 90s.

Last edited:

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ|Himespetchi's birthday incoming!
UPDATE: from the MyTV Super EPG: i see Rock Extreme's EPG (starting December 12) seems to be nothing but Action Movies, speculating that the rebrand of Rock Extreme to Rock Action will happen on December 12 at 6am (SG/MNL)/5am (BKK/JKT)
View attachment 301808
View attachment 301809
If that one (from myTV Super) happened, the last program to air on Rock Extreme could be "Ultimate Tag" and the first movie to air on Rock Action could be "Bokeh".
That one (from myTV Super) happened, so at 6am, Rock Extreme (in most providers) signed off for the last time (with just a generic bumper) and Rock Action just launched with the movie "Bokeh"

The last program to air on Rock Extreme was "Ultimate Tag"

Also i recorded and uploaded that.

but according to this image from Rock Entertainment Holdings' website, Rock Action isn't fully launched yet, it will launch in Thailand on January 12, 2023
Screenshot_20221212_062901.jpg

Several providers (like Singtel TV, Cignal (until December 22) and most providers in Thailand) kept Rock Extreme for how long?

Last edited:

J10

The creator of TVN, Maruisz Walter, died peacefully, at the age of 85.

Also, Surnrise was launched, replacing Kanal Disney.

Belarus ended Paramount Channels on the same day.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

To think that it was 5 years ago on this day when Stella Zhau made her "technical"/off-screen debut. It wouldn't be until August 2nd of that year when she made her "formal"/on-screen debut.
Revivals are fine if a show was abruptly cancelled and didn't get to finish its story, but for Pete's sake, can we at least slow down on the reboots so that original content can take priority? Why are networks so afraid of innovating now as if they haven't done it before?
Reply if you're muslim (you can if you aren't)
It's been one year since NickRewind block ceased the operations.
it's that day of the year!

Featured Posts