General International TV Channels Thread

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels

I don't think anyone will be surprised in the slightest
Not me, for sure. In related news, E! UK is no more, too. E! is leaving Sky and Virgin Media - where can I find its replacement? > RXTV info
How long that Movies24 bites the dust?

I still wonder how in Germany, SYFY, Universal TV and 13th Street are safe, too.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Not me, for sure. In related news, E! UK is no more, too. E! is leaving Sky and Virgin Media - where can I find its replacement? > RXTV info
How long that Movies24 bites the dust?

I still wonder how in Germany, SYFY, Universal TV and 13th Street are safe, too.

NBC News Now is also leaving Virgin Media on 1st January 2024 at 1am, it has already been removed from Sky.

Screenshot_20231218-194341.png

Seems that NBCUniversal have been reviewing their assets in the UK market.
Don't think anyone watches E! (they're trying to promote Hayu instead) or NBC News Now (I would rather have CNN back).

Francisque

J10

Paweł Moskalewicz is to manage the TVP Info channel

TVP Info wants to show the takeover of power.

OSN brings back Animal Planet to its platform, after few years of absence, since 2019, and adds Fatafeat to its platform.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
TVP Info continues to be a joke not a info channel. I just hope the takeover change will come soon.

J10

PiS pretests inside TVP building and Sejm approves the resolution.

Tusk: Changes will happen before Christmas.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Instead of tonight's "Wiadomości" there was a short announcement from Marek Czyż (the newest news-anchor of TVP) about tomorrow's changes for the news broadcast.

Meanwhile "Wiadomości" were aired on TV Republika.

canyuksel97

Last edited:

J10

TVP Info has been shut down
It shut down when it got switched over to TVP1, as mentioned before.

Anyway, they should have aired a loop instead of being just a relay of TVP1, or it would be better if they use a loop like this from the previous years through the archives, if the current loop filler isn't existed in their playout.

For TVP3 being switched to TVP2, since yesterday, it reminded me with terrestrial broadcasting in the 90s until 2010/2011, where TVP2 switched over to TVP3/TVP Info for regional programming and back to the main channel again after it finished.

On The Hotbird Satellite, TVP Info Was Replaced By An FTA Signal Of TVP 1 HD Alongside With TVP Polonia.
NOTE: TVP Polonia Is On An Different Frequency Which Is Leased By Media Broadcast In Usingen, Near Frankfurt.
TVP Polonia is available on some satellites for diasporas and even in platforms.

All TVP channels are always on Hotbird, except for TVP ABC 2, Alfa TVP, and TVP Kultura 2, which are on Hbb-TV interactive and cable.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Anyway, they should have aired a loop instead of being just a relay of TVP1, or it would be better if they use a loop like this from the previous years through the archives, if the current loop filler isn't existed in their playout.
This is their current loop.

Reactions: J10

J10

This is their current loop.
Fine.

This should have been aired that and add a ticker for their viewers about what happen, instead of just airing from TVP1. Strange they didn't do that because of Tuesday's decision from Sejm and just cut the broadcast abruptly.

What I mean is that the filler might be missing, and the playout crew directed switched over the signal to TVP1.

Last edited:

J10

The new bulletin, 19:30/i9:30, has been launched on TVP1.

The program started with message and then the intro. After that, the news was broadcasted from a small green screen studio.

Last edited:

Francisque

19:30, really :D

Are they trying to compete with French channels with the most banal names for newcasts? :lol:

E.g. things like 19/20 on France 3... never mind, probably they've just mimicked them full stop :D

Perla Magica

Digital Love
The new bulletin, 19:30/i9:30, has been launched on TVP1.

The program started with message and then the intro. After that, the news was broadcasted from a small green screen studio.
I did watch the first broadcast, it's a very different news program, no propaganda and lying. I'm finally satisfied.

Reactions: J10

canyuksel97

Also A Few Days Ago, Kanal D, Which Is A Turkish Commercial Channel Celebrated 30th Anniversary,
Which They Launched In September 1993 As An Test Broadcast And 19th December 1993 For Regular Broadcast.
fgnmghmgm.png

Few Hours After The Launch Of Kanal D, They Even Broadcasted Live From The Helicopters As Well.
Here Is The First Broadcast Of Kanal D Happened On 19th December 1993 With Its First Logo.

The Logo From The Launch Continued Until October 1994 When They Changed To A Different Logo,
Which Is Still Using Now. Even Idents Was Changed In Late-1996 And Also Still Using, But In HD.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts