General International TV Channels Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
TMC, Lotus Macau, TAP TV, UAAP Varisity Channel, Dreamworks (yes, Tagalog audio in SD and English audio in HD), TAP Movies, Premier Sports, TAP Action Flicks and Moonbug Kids are coming to Cignal
It's also first time that Moonbug Kids gets its own linear channel.
Well, that's great to hear about Moonbug Kids launching their own linear channel.

RegularCapital

Staff member
I was out on Saturday night when the Channel 4/Channel 5 channel suites were having technical faults. Red Bee was in fact used to be part of the BBC, known as BBC Broadcast, it's now owned by Ericsson (the same Ericsson that used to be involved in mobile phones). At the pub, only BBC One was on the TV, so I didn't really get to see any of it.

Further adding to the point, BBC has redundancy operations at MediaCityUK in Salford, near Manchester, so they had much less of a technical problem.

Last edited:

J10

Recent News for these days:
The TVN24 Go streaming platform complements the TVN24 and TVN24 Bis channels. The website has been in operation for over 2 years, while the corresponding CNN+ is yet to start (as of 2022). Beata Biel, head of TVN24 Go, in an interview with Wirtualnemedia.pl, talks about the prospects for the future of this service.​
  • Rumors said that it’s expected to announce the new MENA Broadcaster for Serie A. One of it said that OSN, but it’s impossible because they got rid of sports between April & August 2019.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Planet Fun's schedule for thie Tuesday in Sri Lankan time. How do they get the rights to most of these movies?
01:20 - Open Season
02:46 - Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
04:17 - Psycho Joey (what is this?)
05:27 - Thunder and the House of Magic
06:52 - Ribbit
08:20 - Rio 2
10:14 - Curious George 3: Back to the Jungle
11:30 - Marrec
11:36 - ParaNorman
13:08 - no data
14:38 - Mune: Guardians of the Moon
16:06 - A Klok Opera
16:53 - no data
19:49 - Guardians of Oz
21:13 - no data
22:38 - 5 Stars - Pencil Boys
00:00 - Goodnight Mr. Foot

Channel is a mix of feature-length films with short films, some American, some obscure European ones, and if that isn't enough, Wednesday they're going to air The Good Dinosaur, a Disney movie. The channel is owned by Mimyuni, the ultimate in cheap and questionable channels. They are the owners of a number of Cinemachi-branded channels.

Francisque

It looks like that "great" decision about EU abolishing aligned DST, will soon be creating a mess, and of course, media and markets will be the first to be affected.

Austria, Switzerland and France have already decided they will abandon DST..

Think of living in one of those border zones in Italy and elsewhere..

Also, Sky Serien und Shows Germany will become, in October, Sky Replay

RegularCapital

Staff member
It looks like that "great" decision about EU abolishing aligned DST, will soon be creating a mess, and of course, media and markets will be the first to be affected.

Austria, Switzerland and France have already decided they will abandon DST..

Think of living in one of those border zones in Italy and elsewhere..

Also, Sky Serien und Shows Germany will become, in October, Sky Replay
That's going to screw up Ireland and Malta on the UK feeds, people are moaning about the problems of Brexit, but it was that or an encroaching EU superstate.

Francisque

That's going to screw up Ireland and Malta on the UK feeds, people are moaning about the problems of Brexit, but it was that or an encroaching EU superstate.
Normally I'm pro-EU, but some of the decisions are absurd.

Time zones should be aligned, and each state should have no say on when implementing DST or implementing it or not, except for some areas in the tropical areas etc. of course.

Now, DACH countries and CET Southern European countries having different time zones would create a lot of complications, just to mention two

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A few promos from TN8 that tend to repeat like every break there is. The SpongeBob and FOP promos both display incorrect days (currently SpongeBob airs on Wednesdays and FOP on Mondays). Sometimes the same promo can air two times in the same break.

J10

What's next with "Lex TVN"? Marek Suski, MP, "I have some other tasks on my mind now".

During the session starting on Wednesday, the Sejm will probably not deal with the bill of PiS deputies called "Lex TVN". "So far, it has gone off the beaten track and in these modes they were somewhere", said Marek Suski, MP, rapporteur for the project, to Wirtualnemedia.pl.

Co dalej z „Lex TVN”? Poseł Marek Suski: Mam teraz trochę innych zadań na głowie

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
Yes,and Canal+ Kids and Canal+ Docs are expected to launch, as CSA has been informed.

The creation of Canal+ Kids will then create some interferences with Teletoon+ and Piwi+.
And I'd honestly probably shut down the first, and change the second one onto something like Canal+ Junior.

Other expected changes: Planète+ will become a history channel in 2022, probably coinciding with Canal+ Docs . And I'd change it to Canal+ Histoire, and Planète+ Crime and Investigation to Canal+ Crime.

I see Canal+ is probably inspired by Sky brands.

They could solve their current mishmash of Canal+ and "+" brands by changing all of the remaining "+" brands like Comédie+ to Canal+ Comédie, and maybe even Cine+ to Canal+ Cinéma.

But currently you also GET a real Canal+ Cinéma, as one the main Canal+ channels!
This set up of premium Canal+ channels, should be changed into something more "basic", I'd even think the main Canal+ should be moved to a main package, and that premium movies should be moved to the movie Cine+ package, by improving it (similar sorry with Canal+ Sport).

Overall, I'm glad we have Sky and not Vivendi here in Italy, in 2021 :D
Canal+ Kids and Canal+ Docs launched last September 9.
Canal-offer.png

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
HBO Hungary is 30 years old today. Here is a continuity from March 2007, with two glitches.

Animax Hungary had problems with airing one of the 3rd season episodes of Naruto, the sound slides back and looped. Includes a continuity fragment. From 2011.

Last edited:

J10

4 DAYS LEFT!!

One of the customers said that OSN Customer Service told him lately, and they didn't know before about Disney's closure before in the news websites. OSN Customer Service thought it's false and rumors until it's being confirmed.
View attachment 291408
LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT!!

Yesterday, OSN is the only ones to puts a ticker on Nat Geo People, while other providers like beIN, Jawwy TV, Du TV, and eLife TV from Etisalat, Ooredoo TV, etc., are not putting ticker.
1632933617623.png

1632933706391.png

1632933766658.png

It's expected that MENA providers will drop the channel (and also Channel V) from tonight (effectively at midnight), and IF NOT, then it'll end tomorrow, at 19:00 KSA/20:00 UAE (12:00 HK; October 1st); with their playout being off-air on that day.

In other news, rumors said that beIN may add a new exclusive entertainment channel to their provider. Unknown, what channel will be launched on beIN, whether it's a 3rd-party channel (from ViacomCBS, Discovery Inc., or WarnerMedia), or even a new beIN dedicated channel.

I guess that Warner TV may come to the MENA Region, or that BBC First is coming back to the MENA Region. If not a 3rd-party channel, then it'll be from beIN, and would launch an Arabic version of beIN IZ, which would be called beIN Documentary.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts