General International TV Channels Thread

J10

FOX Rewayat was it closed today? and where did you broadcast?
It was on beIN (and other IPTV Platforms from Telecoms like STC, Etisalat UAE, Ooredoo Qatar, and Du), but it got closed, and was delisted automatically from the channel list. The channel has not rebranded like the other channels, and they kept the look until its closure today.

LDM2003

FOX & FOX Life has removed Moscow time in promos and changed to Eastern European Time on a Russian-language channel in Lithuania

1664622435178.png
1664622443142.png

Last edited:

J10

Well, it seems that the 37 on the Italian DTT is really going to Warner Bros. Discovery. But, it won't be for what I wished, Travel Channel...
The article says it will be a channel airing movies and movies. Warner TV?
You mean Movies and Series?

If that’s the case, then Warner TV would be the answer for this.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The Disney Ru channel has started turning off analog frequencies from today. and the dubbing actors say that they have voiced the remnants of the content, and do not know whether they will continue to translate
Analog frequencies? Didn't they shut down analog terrestrial television at a federal scale a few years ago? Or is the channel still broadcasting under its limited coverage terrestrial license?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
If anything, unless the big issue will be prevented, DC RU is condemned to fail.

I didn't know that in Siberia and Eastern Russia (including Vladivostok), they still had analog TV. I remember seeing a news report from a regional branch of the VGTRK (don't remember what one exactly) about the analog shutdown in December 2018 but it was likely in the European zone.

DogBoneController

I didn't know that in Siberia and Eastern Russia (including Vladivostok), they still had analog TV.
60% of the Russian population lives in the European side, and most economic activity is generated there. There's virtually zero investment in Siberia and Eastern Russia, especially considering how remote a lot of cities are.

Francisque

Well, it seems that the 37 on the Italian DTT is really going to Warner Bros. Discovery. But, it won't be for what I wished, Travel Channel...
The article says it will be a channel airing movies and movies. Warner TV?
Great for me, at least something more interesting than usual!

Moe

Also Speaking Of That, All Disney Channels In United States Has Dropped On Dish And Sling TV
Due To Carriage Dispute. Dish And Sling TV Will Make An Fair Agreement Soon
To Put All Disney Channels Back On The Air On Both Dish And Sling TV.

You posted this in international TV channels thread.

Dish's dispute with Disney only affect in the US, not outside of US.

There is no guarantee if Disney owned channels return soon, so dispute could continue for days, weeks, months and in worst case, years.

However, if dispute affect Dish's business greatly, such as shutdown of Sling TV and drive Dish into bankruptcy, so DOJ, FCC and FTC are likely to make an investigation in Disney for unfair competition, so in worst case, consequence would include a breakup, such as force Disney to sell Hulu asset and ABC/ESPN asset, or both. If the congress is involved, they could introduce a stronger law to protect the customers from unfair competition, and protection for TV providers, limit on acquisition, allow FCC/FTC to intervene, including a breakup, require networks to offer la carte, such as non-sport channels and other tools.

There is appropriate thread to discuss about this: US TV Channel Discussion Thread

Francisque

Here's a quick, apolitical, before and after of a certain television station in one of the now-annexed areas.

Before the war:
Ads in Ukrainian, maintenance message in the color bars in Ukrainian

After the war:
They went widescreen, and apparently before the start of the maintenance video they air cooking segments?

And these are the "federal" channels in order in the Russian DTT network:
1 - Channel One; 2 - Russia-1; 3 - Match!; 4 - NTV; 5 - Petersburg Channel 5; 6 - Russia-K; 7 - Russia-24; 8 - Carousel; 9 - Public Television of Russia; 10 - TV Center; 11 - Ren TV; 12 - Spas; 13 - STS; 14 - Domashniy; 15 - TV3; 16 - Pyatnitsa!; 17 - Zvezda; 18 - Mir; 19 - TNT.

Before the invasion, these channels were set to start broadcasting on Netflix in Russia.
I find it incredible, almost absurd...

J10

El Mauritania has rebranded to a new look. All channels has been rebranded, excluding Al-Barlemania TV, which preferred to use the current DOG rather than what it’s planned before.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Double post...

Two interesting continuities from Spektrum Hungary that I found today.
1. 15 June 2005. At the end, 16+ age rating.

2. Closedown and promo loop from 4 (early hours of 5) September 2006.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts