General International TV Channels Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
Vodafone Portugal to acquire smaller rival Nowo.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
TVP Nauka officially has launched today.

LDM2003

TV6 Lithuania has rebranded its visual graphics and logo

1664809894584.png
1664809933440.png
1664809961862.png
1664809993114.png

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
For another entry for "Things only themidnightlore cares about", I guess I'll need to do my reasearches soon™ for fill the blanks in my Sony Death List™, as Animax Plus Germany closed, I presume. The websites of Sony AXN and Sony Channel Germany no longer link it and some days ago, if you opened its site, almost all the images were gone. I guess the Crunchyroll merger was completed.

Francisque

ITV is rebranding their channels, including a return of ITV1:

From Clean Feed over on prescafe:

Quick update - some nuggets of info re the changes:

- The corporate logo isn't changing.

- ITV Reem is going. It'll be replaced by a font seen in ITVX promotional content.

- Idents will be cross-channel. The same set of locations are used across all channels. Each channel has its own twist on the scene, which stems directly from the channel's tone of voice. The channel logo swipes or manipulates the camera or scene with gestures. The majority of people are either far away or shown in motion passing the camera. CGI is used wherever possible. There are 25 idents in total - they've all been filmed.

- The "ITV 1" brand is returning. There has been confusion about "ITV" as a masterbrand and "ITV" as a broadcast channel.

- The numeral element of each of the broadcast channels will be displayed in a new font.

- Trail endboards will follow a similar design on each channel, albeit different colouring/versions of the typeface.

- The new typeface has lots of different weights and families - every channel will have its own version of this typeface.

- Swipe effects will be a common element on the broadcast channels.

- ITV 1: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Massive, Collective.

- ITV 2: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Irreverent, OTT.

- ITV 3: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Classy, Intriguing.

- ITV 4: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, No Nonsense, Fanatical.

- ITVBe: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Gregarious, Gossipy.

- ITVX: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Dynamic, Alive.

- On screen changes expected on 3rd November.

- CITV will be looked at separately - possibly from early 2023.

- No plans to fundamentally change ITV News branding - possibly some font adjustments in the coming months.

>> More info to follow. Check back on this post for further updates later.

OPINIONS: I would've took the chance to change the numeral into something else, possibly aside from ITV2, but it's OK!
Can't wait to see it

Francisque

Sorry for the double post: but the new WBD channel name for Italy, will be Warner TV :)

Also, TLC UK has rebranded

The article mentions also they're working on merging the managements of Discovery Italy, WB Italy, and the older Turner divisions

RegularCapital

Staff member
Eek!

NBCUniversal will close its TV channel E! Entertainment in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DACH) at the end of 2022.

“For strategic reasons, the channel E! Entertainment will be discontinued at the end of the year,” a Sky spokesman confirmed to Broadband TV News. “We are fully concentrating on our very successful pay-TV channel brands 13th Street, SYFY and Universal TV, providing our customers with an exciting and broad entertainment portfolio,” said the Sky spokesman.

themidnightlore

Eek!

NBCUniversal will close its TV channel E! Entertainment in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DACH) at the end of 2022.

“For strategic reasons, the channel E! Entertainment will be discontinued at the end of the year,” a Sky spokesman confirmed to Broadband TV News. “We are fully concentrating on our very successful pay-TV channel brands 13th Street, SYFY and Universal TV, providing our customers with an exciting and broad entertainment portfolio,” said the Sky spokesman.

Pure Eek moment, yes.
Now that I think, the German sites for all NBCU channels are pretty barebones now, it's just a TV guide. Is the Sky merging soon, and we'll see Sky Witness and Sky Sci-Fi here in a future? (And Universal TV will perish with that?)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Eek!

Meanwhile the CEE feed also used in Portugal is still seemingly alive.

Insidus

Wiki now lists JimJam closure in Hungary as September 30th. Curious on which platform opted to not supply the channel. Honestly I could see the happen in Africa I mean JimJam is easily replaceable

Reactions: J10

J10

Wiki now lists JimJam closure in Hungary as September 30th. Curious on which platform opted to not supply the channel. Honestly I could see the happen in Africa I mean JimJam is easily replaceable
It's still existed in Hungary.
1665007225251.png

1665007972700.png

After the expiration of the end-of-September deadline, the disconnection date was already announced, and "after the last moment", in the beginning of October, the two companies finally agreed on Sport1, Sport2, AMC, Spektrum, Spektrum Home, TV Paprika, Minimax, JimJam, regarding the extension of the distribution service for FilmCafe and FilmMania channels.

As I said before, Wikipedia is unreliable.

Last edited:

Walker

I think this is outdated, and RRtv still lists it as MTV Global.
View attachment 300716
The PDF is not correct. True, but one is wrong. Mtv Global is not available in Turkey since August 1, 2017. However, it seems that it is also available in Turkey in pdf. Mtv Hits, Mtv Live HD (Or MTv Live) and MTV 00s are available in Turkey.

J10

It could have some delay in updating. Shall I tell again the story of how MAVISE kept A&E Spain listed for a while after it became Blaze (without traces of the latter)?
Despite it's reliable, but it doesn't update for some time.

The PDF is not correct. True, but one is wrong. Mtv Global is not available in Turkey since August 1, 2017. However, it seems that it is also available in Turkey in pdf. Mtv Hits, Mtv Live HD (Or MTv Live) and MTV 00s are available in Turkey.
I was talking about the name of the channel in Mavise and RRtv. There is now MTV Commercial and MTV Global.

J10

ZEE, Sony Indian merger approved​

India’s Competition Commission (CCI) has finally approved the merger between ZEE Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) and Sony Pictures Network India. However, the CCI has required modifications to the original $10 billion merger plan announced in December 2021.

Sony’s India trading is now known as Culver Max Entertainment. The deal sees Sony own 50.86 per cent of the new business, with ZEEL’s owners holding just 3.99 per cent. Zee’s public shareholders hold the balance of 45.15 per cent.

CCI has yet to name the problem channel publicly, but the combined businesses will carry 92 channels. However, experts suggest that the two businesses will consolidate and eliminate at least one of their niche channels which currently compete against each other.

“CCI has accepted the voluntary remedy proposed by the companies,” said a local observer, adding that it may involve either selling the channel in question or shutting it down.

Zee founder Subhash Chandra’s son, Punit Goenka, will continue to be the combined company’s MD and chief executive.
According to BARC measurement data, Zee and Sony command a total TV viewership share of approximately 24 per cent (as of FY22), which is slightly higher than that of Star (20 per cent), and local reports say there is potential for this to move upwards.

themidnightlore

ZEE, Sony Indian merger approved​

India’s Competition Commission (CCI) has finally approved the merger between ZEE Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) and Sony Pictures Network India. However, the CCI has required modifications to the original $10 billion merger plan announced in December 2021.

Sony’s India trading is now known as Culver Max Entertainment. The deal sees Sony own 50.86 per cent of the new business, with ZEEL’s owners holding just 3.99 per cent. Zee’s public shareholders hold the balance of 45.15 per cent.

CCI has yet to name the problem channel publicly, but the combined businesses will carry 92 channels. However, experts suggest that the two businesses will consolidate and eliminate at least one of their niche channels which currently compete against each other.

“CCI has accepted the voluntary remedy proposed by the companies,” said a local observer, adding that it may involve either selling the channel in question or shutting it down.

Zee founder Subhash Chandra’s son, Punit Goenka, will continue to be the combined company’s MD and chief executive.
According to BARC measurement data, Zee and Sony command a total TV viewership share of approximately 24 per cent (as of FY22), which is slightly higher than that of Star (20 per cent), and local reports say there is potential for this to move upwards.

And I thought it went bust, since for very long there wasn't updates on that. Curious if channels will close or rename with this, I can't see under a merger the Sony ones keeping the branding? (Same with the Zee ones, honestly)

Reactions: J10

J10

And I thought it went bust, since for very long there wasn't updates on that. Curious if channels will close or rename with this, I can't see under a merger the Sony ones keeping the branding?
There were merger plans with other companies, but it got scrapped, until Zee went to Sony.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts