Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse (PG-13)

Miss me?

• Yes, but you ducked

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Monkey Pie

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
After a month of being stuck I FINALLY completed the scripts to the latest issues namely F.I.S.H. #6 "Druth Hunt" (Un-Iverse #58) and Lace Doilies #6 "I Beg Your Pardon" (Un-Iverse #59). To celebrate I did drawings of the Lace Doilies villain Newtron, and Future Vic Puff in an outfit he will be wearing in Lace Doilies #5 "Open Season".

The Un-Iverse Sketches 121.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 122.jpg

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big, BIG night! Completed two scripts (not too unusual) and I think they are both dynamite (which is!) but to celebrate the scripting of F.I.S.H. #7 "Trust" (Un-Iverse #60) and Lace Doilies "The Canvas And The Letter" (Un-Iverse #61) I did my first color EVER drawing of F.I.S.H. baddie Gothmor! Spookycool!

The Un-Iverse Sketches 123_001003.jpg

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spent all night fixing errors in the story and added a section about how people can support the site. To celebrate my hard work, I also did my first color picture of the Lace Doilies villain Wise-Ass.

The Un-Iverse Sketches 124.jpg

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The site is back so we have some catching up to do! Here are the next five issues!

5. Lace Doilies "Open Season" (Un-Iverse #57)​

The Un-Iverse 2649.jpg

6. F.I.S.H. "Druth Hunt" (Un-Iverse #58)​

The Un-Iverse 2700.jpg

6. Lace Doilies "I Beg Your Pardon" (Un-Iverse #59)​

The Un-Iverse 2748.jpg

7. F.I.S.H. "Trust" (Un-Iverse #60)​

The Un-Iverse 2785.jpg

7. Lace Doilies "The Canvas And The Letter" (Un-Iverse #61)​

The Un-Iverse 2833.jpg

Also should note I started mirroring my stuff at Comic Fury! Here is the link:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Any major sketches needs reposting? Let's see.

The Un-Iverse Sketches 125.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 126.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 128.jpg

Also drew a new cover photo for my sites. I think it's really cool:

The Un-Iverse Sketches 127.jpg

My friend Jazz Nevermore did a fan drawing of Gilda:

UnComix Universe 49 Jazz Nevermore's Gilda.png

You can read his (NSFW) strips "The Musings Of Andromeda Jane" and "The Search" on Comic Fury.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
No New Sketches today (I'm slacking off there) but I finished two scripts this week: The Final Issue of F.I.S.H (F.I.S.H. #10 "Deep Space Swine" (Un-Iverse #66)) and the final issue of Lace Doilies (Lace Doilies #10 "Death Time" (Un-Iverse #67)).

A brief Synopsis for both can be seen on my "Coming Soon To The Un-Iverse" Page but I suggest only reading it when you are caught up. Beware of Potential Spoilers:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
So today just happened.

Today, I figured out one of the hugest last missing pieces to the giant puzzle that is The Un-Iverse finale "The Terran Wars". And usually those story puzzle pieces are figured out in the outline shortly before scripting starts. I don't know why that is, but I've always been blessed there, and as the finale has come closer and closer, that specific hole has worried me more and more.

The fact that I filled it, and it wasn't too big of a struggle when the time came, tells me something real and scary. This is happening. The 19 Part Un-Iverse finale that I envisioned as a teenager in the early 1990's IS going to be scripted and put to paper. Soon. Not just within my lifetime (which always seemed like a pipe dream back then) but within a couple of years. I probably won't have it finished for a few years. But I honestly believe me starting me entire life's goal is actually less than a year away. That is both absolutely terrifying and wonderful in equal measure.

Also should note this specific hole being filled makes the arc FAR more epic than I originally envisioned going on 30 years. And this was already the most epic thing I'd ever conceived / written. The new idea adds a certain amount of weight I had no clue I was going to give things. And the cliffhangers in this arc are gonna be far more crazymaking than they already were because of this idea.

Gilda And Meek are coming back. Soon. And I finally will tell their stories to completion. After over 30 years of planning I've almost made. I can taste it.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Hey everyone! Little bit of an update.

While Anime Superhero is working out its issues with images I won't be posting any sketches. And I mostly only do sketches to accompany a finished script.

The earlier images posted out in the thread are a mess as some are from Anime Superhero and some from outside sources. As such I have started and will continue to post a link to each issue on my site at the beginning of the post of the first 34 issues, so newcomers can hopefully read them there and not be confused by missing pages.

Each time a new issue is uploaded to my site I will still link it although you won't get the cover here until the image problem is fixed.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
"The Love Series"

For the first time I drew a themed set of colored and inked drawings around the theme of love, showing my characters loving each other. Love is powerful. Love endures. And Love sustains us all.

The Un-Iverse Sketches 129 The Love Series 1.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 130 The Love Series 2.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 131 The Love Series 3.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 132 The Love Series 4.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 133 The Love Series 5.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 134 The Love Series 6.jpg

The Un-Iverse Sketches 135 The Love Series 7.jpg

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

Productive night.

Completed a whopping THREE scripts last night. They feel a little thin and I will almost certainly add stuff to fill them out, but the hard part is done. The three newly completed scripts are:

UnComix Tales: The Humans (One-Shot): The Epic Series Finale "All Loose Ends..." (Un-Iverse #68)
UnComix Tales: The Dark Child Saga: The Fall Of F.I.S.H. #1 "Part One: The Age Of Fear" (Un-Iverse #69)
Gilda And Meek #8 "Enter Tork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #8)

The Humans Finale was the absolute killer but I am completely happy with it. I think even people who don't understand what is going on will like it. And I think the same could be said of Twin Peaks.

I do Special Editions rarely, and for the most part let The Un-Iverse stand where it may. But I sure as hell am NOW talented enough to write out a better and more emotionally complex reunion between the Piranha and the group than what we originally got. So we get a rare do-over. As in the first Special Edition for "Groundwork", absolutely nothing in the revamped version contradicts a single thing in a later or earlier issue, and if you consider the First Edition official Un-Iverse canon, or agree with me the Special Edition is now the real continuity deal, I leave that up to the reader to decide.

You can read synopses of the upcoming issues in my "Coming Soon To The Un-Iverse" section of my site. Beware of potential spoilers:

Coming Soon to The Un-Iverse! (Potential Spoilers!)

To celebrate the three scripts I did my first color drawing of my Lace Doilies character Unibrow. I think he looks great simply because his cartoony stylized muscles are outside most of the other Un-Iverse hardbodies like Otterman. I feel like I'm channeling a different style a little bit.

The Un-Iverse Sketches 137.jpg

Attachments

• The Un-Iverse Sketches 137.jpg
    The Un-Iverse Sketches 137.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 10

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts