"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I admit I don't know too much about Adam Warlock but it does feel weird to cast such a young actor. I mean maybe because I remember that rumor about Mark Hamill getting the role but it feels off having Warlock play so young. Then again makes sense due to how he was really only created at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. Thus even within this universe he's... what like 8-9 years old technically? I admit I'm a bit also put off because I mostly know Poulter from stuff like Chronicles of Narnia 3 and The Maze Runner series where he didn't leave much of a good impression though there he was meant to play sort of obnoxious or traiterous characters so yeah will be interesting to see how he plays Adam here.

Though if Adam is hanging around Gamora (due to this Gamora not really knowing her purpose after Thanos's death in Endgame from her time) I do hope that means we also get some reference to Pip The Troll. Like seriously Gunn would bring that kind of obscure character to the narrative so I want to see him do it.

Frontier

Staff member
I admit I don't know too much about Adam Warlock but it does feel weird to cast such a young actor. I mean maybe because I remember that rumor about Mark Hamill getting the role but it feels off having Warlock play so young. Then again makes sense due to how he was really only created at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. Thus even within this universe he's... what like 8-9 years old technically? I admit I'm a bit also put off because I mostly know Poulter from stuff like Chronicles of Narnia 3 and The Maze Runner series where he didn't leave much of a good impression though there he was meant to play sort of obnoxious or traiterous characters so yeah will be interesting to see how he plays Adam here.

Though if Adam is hanging around Gamora (due to this Gamora not really knowing her purpose after Thanos's death in Endgame from her time) I do hope that means we also get some reference to Pip The Troll. Like seriously Gunn would bring that kind of obscure character to the narrative so I want to see him do it.
Adam being young fits in my opinion because he's kind of this quintessentially immortal being who is constantly in his prime and questioning his identity because he reincarnates so often.

I just hope Gunn doesn't play him for comedy because Adam lends himself to a lot of serious, cosmic, pathos....not that I'm expecting that :sweat:.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Like Neo Ultra Mike, I know Poulter from Narnia and Maze Runner (and that "You guys are getting paid?" meme). He is definitely an unconventional choice for Adam Warlock, but that is certainly Gunn's style. :p

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, it was an odd tidbit. Not sure what major name character it could be either that big Hollywood actors would want. Silver Surfer? Beta Ray Bill? Nova?
Surfer means Galactus and potentially its own sprawling franchise, although there's the stink of the Rise of the Silver Surfer (even if Norrin was the best part of that movie), Nova has franchise potential with all the rumors, but Bill would be pretty fun but he's also obscure...really hard to gauage :sweat:.

the greenman

Yeah, it was an odd tidbit. Not sure what major name character it could be either that big Hollywood actors would want. Silver Surfer? Beta Ray Bill? Nova?
Yeah, I can only imagine one of the Fantastic Four if they want to go that direction again. Or possibly Surfer, isn't this Nova going to be a kid?
Surfer means Galactus and potentially its own sprawling franchise, although there's the stink of the Rise of the Silver Surfer (even if Norrin was the best part of that movie), Nova has franchise potential with all the rumors, but Bill would be pretty fun but he's also obscure...really hard to gauage :sweat:.
My money is on Surfer though wouldn't rule out anyone just yet. Would he be recasted T'Challa? Tipping into What if?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts