Hailey’s On It News And Discussion Thread

Chevistian C

1637252935601.jpeg

Hailey’s On It!, an original animated comedy-adventure, from longtime writing and producing partners Devin Bunje and Nick Stanton

Created and executive produced by Bunje and Stanton, Hailey’s On It! follows Hailey Banks (Cravalho), a risk-averse but resourceful teenager on a mission to complete every item on her long list of challenging (and sometimes impractical) tasks in order to save the world. Hailey will be pushed outside her comfort zone to discover the greatness within as she systematically conquers her fears, whether she is winning a sand-building competition, wrestling a honey badger, eating a raw onion, or facing her ever-growing and complicated feelings toward her best friend, Scott (Jacinto).

Howy Parkins (Disney Junior’s The Lion Guard) is co-executive producer and supervising director, Wade Wisinski (The Owl House) is producer, Karen Graci (Tuca & Bertie) is story editor and Lee Ann Dufour (The Breadwinner) is art director.

SweetShop209

Catherine Harman Mitchell is a director for the series. She previously worked as a storyboard artist for Tangled The Series, Big Hero 6 The Series, DuckTales 2017, and The Owl House.

Ghoster1987

howdy
It sounds almost like a more down to earth glitch techs.

also is it me or networks/steaming services are greenlighting more shows created by writers instead of artists/animators in the field

Last edited:

SweetShop209

I find it interesting how this is the first non-preschool Disney show that Howy Parkins worked on since The Emperor's New School back in 2006. He's worked on some notable shows before like Recess and Dave The Barbarian, though he would transition over to Disney Junior later on, working on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake And The Neverland Pirates, and The Lion Guard. It's similar to Bobs Gannaway and how Monsters At Work is the first non-preschool Disney show he created since House Of Mouse back in 2001. In between the two shows, he created Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake And The Neverland Pirates, both Disney Junior shows, and also his longest running ones.

The art style looks like The Owl House meets BH6: The Series to me, and the premise gives me Miraculous vibes.
That could, in part, because one of the show's directors worked on the first two shows you mentioned. Take a look.

Catherine Harman Mitchell is a director for the series. She previously worked as a storyboard artist for Tangled The Series, Big Hero 6 The Series, DuckTales 2017, and The Owl House.

Edit: Lauren McKinley is a storyboard artist for the show. She worked as a writer/storyboard artist for Victor And Valentino.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

So two things of note:

1. Someone named James Alexander is writing for the series.

2. Devin Bunje mentions waiting for Julie and Sara. I'm assuming he's referring to voice actresses that haven't been announced yet. I can't think of a Sara, but I know a Julie in the form of Julie Nathanson.

SweetShop209

Alexa Seidner is working on the show as revealed on LinkedIn. She worked as a storyboard artist on F Is For Family and worked as a storyboard revisionist for The Lion Guard, Puppy Dog Pals, and Mira Royal Detective.

Screenshot_20211124-130559.png

Screenshot_20211124-130635.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Imagine if Shea Fontana and Matt Hoverman collaborated on a project. Her brand of positivity, inclusivity, and fun cheesiness combined with his emotional moments, mature storytelling, and Broadway like songs (helped by how he's worked as a playwright) would be really awesome to see.
Blockchain is used so frequently that you might as well call it something like "Ether Realm" instead.
Well, now my laptop is functioning back to normal.
Yesterday at my local Meijer store, I saw LEGO sets for The Batman movie. I guess merch is starting to hit the shelves.
"Shani Like A Star" is a very wholesome Polly Pocket episode, whether it's in Shani trying to fit in to impress others but having trouble, Ava trying to muster up the confidence to be with others, and having Polly and Lila act like pseudo parents. Only a show like this can make the phrase "odd ducks" endearing and empowering

Featured Posts