I Learned Something Today

harry580

Chris Sanders had the idea of Stich since 1985 as a children's bok and the movie was originally intended to take place in Kansas.

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
TIL you can't post Moonlight Sonata on YouTube because you'll get a copyright claim because of this:

Last edited:

Mandouga

The first basketball league to use the three point rule was the American Basketball League in 1961, not to be confused with the American Basketball Association, who first used it in 1967. The NBA didn’t start using it until 1979.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
MLP A New Generation was produced by Boulder Media, the same animation studio that produced Season 1 of The Amazing World of Gumball, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Lauren Faust's DC Superhero Girls.
(love s1 gumball btw)

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
The original DVD of Pokémon: The First Movie did come with some sort of DVD software, but the software doesn’t work on Windows 10.

Not sure if it was DVD player software, as I was hoping, or just enhancements. I remember getting it to work on an older PC, so I know it at least has an archived version of The First Movie’s website.

Ah well, I guess I’ll have to buy some other program if I want to play DVDs on my PC. :/

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Keanu Reeves was once told by his former agent to change his first name (which means cool breeze in native Hawaiian) to a more Westernised one like Casey but he disliked the idea.

Zorak Masaki

The part of the youngest child on the Cosby Show came down to Keisha-Knight Pullam and Jaleel White.

Mandouga

The Mask was originally going to be a horror movie, which would have made it more in line with the comics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Today I learned not even Nintendo has the prototypes for Super Mario World anymore. A file in the Gigaleak revealed most of the data was stored on tapes that became corrupted. The only salvageable parts were the sprites like the early Yoshi.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Leonardo DiCaprio was once told by his then-agent to change his name to a more Westernised name as he thought his name was too ethnic due to his Italian ancestry. Fortunately, he rejected his agent's advice.

harry580

South Park was pitched to fox but rejected because of mr hankey and the creators later pitch to Comedy Central and give it a greenlight

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Before the film adaptation was ultimately directed by David Lynch, several directors were considered to direct Dune such as David Lean, Alejandro Jodorowsky and Ridley Scott.

harry580

the monty python members were supposed to play willy wonka in both 1971 and 2005 adaptations before gene wilder and Johnny Depp

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Huh! Well, no kiddin'....

FCu287bVcAAzdSw.jpg

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
Vancouver and Ireland celebrate Halloween by setting off fireworks (along with some of the more common Halloween standards).

Zorak Masaki

Disney was interested in A Nightmare on Elm Street, but wanted to tone it down and make it more kid-friendly, so Wes Craven said no.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts