Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

Francisque

Doesn't the WBD UK team know what a preschooler channel is?

I find it ironic they promote their show dates with the mention "after school at 5pm", like they do with CN and Boomerang

First: they're not intended to be at school, obviously, second, there's no need to have everything at the likes of 4-7pm, morning slots can be used, and are actually more productive

Reactions: J10

Markus Nelis

Going a little off topic but Cartoonito UK does it as well: I was talking about it a few months ago on the CN thread. Why don't they properly say "starting Monday" instead of "coming to CN"? Or even "today at 5:30".

CN Nordic also started doing it but worse, they don't even mention timeslots. They keep saying "new episodes are presented here on CN".

RegularCapital

Staff member
Doesn't the WBD UK team know what a preschooler channel is?

I find it ironic they promote their show dates with the mention "after school at 5pm", like they do with CN and Boomerang

First: they're not intended to be at school, obviously, second, there's no need to have everything at the likes of 4-7pm, morning slots can be used, and are actually more productive
A chunk of their demographic skews over the early Primary School years, basically Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Kids turn six years old in Year 1, which is at the very bottom end of Cartoon Network's demographic and towards the bottom of Boomerang's.

Bugs Bunny Builders premieres on Cartoonito UK on Monday 1st November at 5pm.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Cartoonito UK December 2022 Highlights: December is Fireman Sam Month: With Christmas specials for Fireman Sam (Saturday 10th December at 8:00am) and Bugs Bunny Builders (Saturday 10th December at 8:30am).

RegularCapital

Staff member
Official announcement (from Altibox in Norway) that Boomerang Nordic will become Cartoonito Nordic on 4th September. Some Boomerang content will be moved to Toonix or Cartoon Network. Boomerang bytter navn til Cartoonito - Samme innhold og mye nytt

Cartoonito will air the following shows:

- Batwheels
- Bugs Bunny Builders
- Lu and the Bally Bunch
- Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go
- Tom & Jerry

RegularCapital

Staff member
Official Confirmation: Boomerang rebrands as Cartoonito in MENA (Middle East and North Africa)

Starting from September 4, 2023, Cartoonito will be accessible as a pay TV channel on affiliate platforms across the MENA region.

Speaking about the rebranding, Vanessa Brookman, Senior Vice President, Kids & Family EMEA for Warner Bros. Discovery said: “I am very proud that in the year we celebrate 100 years of Warner Bros., we are showing our commitment to our youngest audience by launching our preschool offering Cartoonito across EMEA. Celebrating individuality and originality, Cartoonito offers a safe space where kids and their families can laugh and learn alongside beloved characters. We are excited to introduce a new generation to our diverse slate of originals and to welcome them into the world of Warner Bros. Discovery’s iconic IPs with modern preschool adaptations of fan-favourite franchises Batwheels and Bugs Bunny Builders.”

Cartoonito’s programming lineup will feature shows including Batwheels, Bugs Bunny Builders, Interstellar Ella, Lucas the Spider, Mush-Mush & the Mushables, Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go, and Toad & Friends.

cartoonito.jpg

J10

That website, BroadcastProME, is too late to announce (maybe they don’t watch the channel on TV) and just waits for official press releases, as it’s already confirmed from before, because I saw that promo weeks ago on Boomerang MENA, and month ago, the license has been changed.

Even some cable platforms announces lately, and didn’t mention it on press, so Boomerang aired the announcement days ago.

Last edited:

narq

Cartoonito CEE could potentially be getting rid of ratings pretty soon (maybe even tomorrow).
The new show, Toad & Friends, doesn't have any ratings. Although this could just be an error, but who knows... It would be nice if these would be finally gone.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Official Confirmation: Boomerang rebrands as Cartoonito in MENA (Middle East and North Africa)

Starting from September 4, 2023, Cartoonito will be accessible as a pay TV channel on affiliate platforms across the MENA region.

Speaking about the rebranding, Vanessa Brookman, Senior Vice President, Kids & Family EMEA for Warner Bros. Discovery said: “I am very proud that in the year we celebrate 100 years of Warner Bros., we are showing our commitment to our youngest audience by launching our preschool offering Cartoonito across EMEA. Celebrating individuality and originality, Cartoonito offers a safe space where kids and their families can laugh and learn alongside beloved characters. We are excited to introduce a new generation to our diverse slate of originals and to welcome them into the world of Warner Bros. Discovery’s iconic IPs with modern preschool adaptations of fan-favourite franchises Batwheels and Bugs Bunny Builders.”

Cartoonito’s programming lineup will feature shows including Batwheels, Bugs Bunny Builders, Interstellar Ella, Lucas the Spider, Mush-Mush & the Mushables, Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go, and Toad & Friends.

View attachment 301735
That press releases is written as if Cartoonito didn't even exist as a block before. Besides, they say Batwheels and Bugs Bunny Builders will premiere on the new channel...

Francisque

That press releases is written as if Cartoonito didn't even exist as a block before. Besides, they say Batwheels and Bugs Bunny Builders will premiere on the new channel...
In a way, it never has existed before.

The new Cartoonito is quite "detached" from the previous form

narq

Cartoonito CEE could potentially be getting rid of ratings pretty soon (maybe even tomorrow).
The new show, Toad & Friends, doesn't have any ratings. Although this could just be an error, but who knows... It would be nice if these would be finally gone.
Looks like that's not gonna happen... At least for now.
The error got fixed, Toad & Friends now has ratings.
image.png

J10

1693794391771.png

Boomerang MENA now rebranded to Cartoonito.

UPDATE: Boomerang Turkiye has rebranded, but with a huge DOG.
1693797653360.png

Last edited:

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Cartoonito MENA continuity:

Nothing too special, almost exactly like the block. One thing I noticed, they stopped mentioning the timeslots in promos:
1693821961058.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts