If I worked at CN and helped make Boomerang better

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
Since they've gotten a new president for Cartoon Network, I'd like to help restore Boomerang to its former glory if I eventually get to work there (and if Boomerang doesn't go kerplunk by then.)

First of all, I'd bring back the original logo and bumpers with all the old toys from the shows. I'd also have classic HB cartoons, INCLUDING the Flintstones (which will end its run on MeTV) air on the channel. I'd bring back all the old events, like Scooberang and the Captain Planet marathon, AND all the old blocks.

Like Boomeraction. I made a hypothetical post about this before, but I'm going to use my ideas for a Toonami block on Boomerang and have it be hosted by Swayzak, and it won't be a bad thing because I'd have moved Toonami to Cartoon Network again and brought back Adult Swim Action. Jason won't complain because I'll make Swayzak more of my own, and I WON'T efface his history. He'll bring up Trapped in Hyperspace more than a few times. The supporting cast will be Byt, a creature made out of data and Swayzak's companion, and Jerika, a girl virus and Swayzak's rumored girlfriend. Oh, and did I mention Swayzak is bi? He has crushes on quite a few male characters in the shows he broadcasts. I've even recreated the Boomeraction theme on Ableton for use in the new bumpers, and I've also recorded some new announcer voice clips with the help of a pitched down version of MacinTalk's Trinoids.

I'd also make some new blocks, like Toonapalooza (a revamp of a block from the Checkerboard era of CN.) I don't know if Cartoon Planet should return or not (we could just use the 2012 segments in order to not have to find a new Zorak voice actor) because Boomerang is full of old shows already.

I dunno. What do you guys think?

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
I think Fate brought me over to this topic, because I, too, have been thinking of a revamped Boomerang channel, as well. I'm definitely with you on bringing back the old bumps and blocks all the way, and the recreated Boomeraction and the new announcer clips sound intriguing!

Programming-wise, I love the idea of bringing back the classic shows that made Boomerang, well, Boomerang. I also wouldn't object to showing some CN originals (I'm honestly note sure where my cutoff date might be, though. Maybe around Chowder/Flapjack?), plus the Spielberg/Amblin shows as well. Heck, I wouldn't even object to showing Samurai Jack on Boomeraction! Same with some acquired stuff that's never been aired on Boomerang yet, like the original Inspector Gadget, He-Man and Heathcliff. Not sure about the CN Wedgies, though, although I vividly remember them from the Boomerang of my childhood. And you know I won't be showing Puppy in My Pocket or Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz on my Boomerang!

As for the old toy bumpers - don't get me wrong, I like some of these, but for those who were tired of seeing them over and over, I'm not against getting Primal Screen or some other production house to produce a new batch of toy bumpers to run alongside those. Same with the "Groovies" and "Shorties", produce new ones to run alongside such timeless classics as Huckleberry Hound in Sound Hound and the wonderful High School Jim cover of Yogi Bear's immortal theme song.

The streaming service, on the other hand, I'd honestly include more CN originals, plus potentially the Spielberg shows as well, plus the HBO Max Looney Tunes, Jellystone and the upcoming Animaniacs reboot. It's really disappointing when the only Cartoon Cartoons currently on Boomerang are My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Juniper Lee.

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
I'm not against getting Primal Screen or some other production house to produce a new batch of toy bumpers to run alongside those. Same with the "Groovies" and "Shorties", produce new ones to run alongside such timeless classics as Huckleberry Hound in Sound Hound and the wonderful High School Jim cover of Yogi Bear's immortal theme song.
That would be amazing! Actually, the Boomeraction toy bumpers would be replaced by a pan-through of the abandoned spaceport Swayzak broadcasts from and the shows being played on the screens there. There should be more Birdman and Super Friends Shorties, including one about Black Vulcan, poking fun at his easily surprised nature ("Great Lightning!") The only problem is, Buster Jones has been dead for 5 or so years. (Then again, Keith Andes didn't voice Birdman in "Coffee Break," so...) There can be a Birdman Groovie too!

Of course, the year blocks would return, and there'd be Boomerock for the seventieth anniversary of The Flintstones. (Maybe we could do something for The Jetsons, too?) Boomerang Theater would air some of my favorite WB movies, like Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Rockin' with Judy Jetson, Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase, and The Powerpuff Girls Movie. I'd also bring back The Boomerang Christmas Party and Character of the Month, among other things.

Tell me, what job do I have to get at Turner in order to make this happen?

(Also, I'll get Neil Cicierega to make a Groovie.)

Last edited:

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
Late Night Black and White will show black and white toons from the 20s and 30s, INCLUDING silent cartoons, a first for CN (at least in the US.)

I'll also bring back Those Meddling Kids, a block which showcases all of HB's mystery cartoons from the 70s.

For the new Birdman shorties, I'll bring back Scott Finnel, who voiced him in "Coffee Break," and for the Black Vulcan shortie, I'll get Phil LaMarr to voice BV.

I'd like to get whoever voiced Swayzak on Toonami in 2002 to voice him in Boomeraction.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts