if you become disney ceo

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Most of these posts are wishlists of how the posters would make their personal viewing habits on Disney+ and the Disney Channels better and easier. Hate to break it to y'all, but that's not a CEO's job, much less in the best interest of the company. CEO's have very little to do with programming decisions. Or at least they shouldn't. One of the reasons David Zaslav is getting so much crap is precisely because he is not staying in his lane.

If I were CEO of Disney I'd take the labor complaints the Disney family itself leveled against the company in their new documentary seriously and fix them. That would be something within my power to fix and something that SHOULD be fixed.
Well said, mostly, because CEO's really don't hand out edicts to run companies and don't run every single decision, especially a company like Disney, that large. Agree on the labor conditions too, I saw a report months ago on NewsNation how some employees at Disney World have to live in motels because they can't afford anywhere else. That should be taken care off, I'd think the money Disney World costs that they'd pay more.

Though my only silly answer is I'd bring back the ABC Sports branding...

Moe

Well said, mostly, because CEO's really don't hand out edicts to run companies and don't run every single decision, especially a company like Disney, that large. Agree on the labor conditions too, I saw a report months ago on NewsNation how some employees at Disney World have to live in motels because they can't afford anywhere else. That should be taken care off, I'd think the money Disney World costs that they'd pay more.
It is sad to see news didn't cover on DB cast member who got fired by Disney for accident, and Disney failed to accommodate to ensure the safety at park.

It looks like internet don't care about people with disabilities, so I'm not happy at all.

TEOL85

I would bring the channels back on as Sky On Demand services as they actually have a purpose to be on Sky still being like your Disney + Lite for only the current shows and films for 30 days - 1 year as a box set version.

And we want the -6 month for a Disney blockbuster wait not the 4 years of BBC One or Channel 4 at Christmas wait we have again now after Sky lost even the film's.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
For me..... And it ain't much, but it will be a lot of work. Starting with treating my animation employees (whatever and all they do in general!) WITH MORE RESPECT AND DIGNITY. As well as not keeping any ailed pilots in a vault. If they want to sell them to someone else, let them - just known I'll likely treat your work better than the competition in general unfortunately is.

To really get into it, besides making sure my employees in animation are more well compensated and respected, of course:

- Focus primarily on cartoons and get rid of most of the crappy live - action fare, unless it's aimed at adult audiences and actually has positive word-of-mouth/fanbase activity to guide it. It's mostly gonna be an animation network, from now on.

- Proper marketing of my stuff in general (toys for the little kids, clothes and memorabilia (posters, sitckers, calendars, and bigger than that), as well as video games (whether mobile phone or for consoles) for everyone else and little kids (I'd like to see little kids and older alike wearing some merchandise based off what I'm promoting on my network and I don't think that's too much to ask.).

- For the streaming crowd, Nothing gets left off Disney+. NOTHING. Also, DVD and Blu-Ray releases for all my shows and movies, ranging from seasonal releases to full series releases after 1 or 2 years minimum.

- I'd secretly bring back, or better yet - Reboot some shows (Wander Over Yonder, Penn Zero PTH, Motorcity, and Randy Cunningham 9GN come to mind for me, personally.) - however, this one is more of a personal pipe dream than a feasible reality, so..... Well at least not cutting The Owl House short like that - that show had potential to keep going and get better, after all.

- 2D animation en masse; A selvere reduction in CGI anything. Because 2D is more timeless and superior, to state honest enough FACTS & TRUTH.

OKAY, NOW - FIGHT ME OR GAME OVER.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Also, I would have all family-friendly live-action programming produced under the banner of Disney Channel Original Productions, even if not necessarily airing on Disney Channel.

This would make complete the transition of the 20th brand to strictly producing mature fare both in theaters and on television. Live-action TV shows on non-ABC broadcast networks would be the shows carrying the 20th Television logo, adult animated shows on non-ABC platforms use the 20th Television Animation logo with shows on ABC being aired under a new label, ABC Signature Animation, and 20th Century Studios' theatrical output, including animated films from 20th Century Animation, would now be exclusively mature fare.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts