I'm Putting My Friends Out There! (Anime Superhero Edition!)

What do you think?

• Good idea! Good idea!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Great idea! Great idea!

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
@Gatordragon

Still need a representative picture and a blurb. I have your link in my PM box. Thanks!

Also do you want to be linked on the other sites listed above? It would be an honor to link to you on Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse.

I have just the image, I just have to tweak it. I'll have your pic and blurb in a while.

And yes, you can link with the other sites. I would love the coverage.

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
Blurb:
I'm IlPuyoPuyotchi, the filipino one who liloves Tamagotchi!, Super Milk-chan, Rakuga Kids, Puyo Puyo, Cyborg Kuro-chan and preschool shows.
I loves to draw my OCs and do much more

And here is my recent artwork with my 2 OCs, QWERtchi and ghost NHLTtchi.
Untitled236_20220614122607.png

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Here is the current status of this thread's process.
- Completed sides: myself, Fone Bone, Gatordragon and ilpuyopuyo (that person needs to have a Drawing Board thread or a site where the arts are posted).
- @RandomMe created a pretty long blurb with links to his arts, but didn't make an artwork for this thread yet.
- As for the three people needed, I will mention some useful ones that I would really like to opt in. @superkeegan9100, @VHXattilatv01 and @RONTV are some good examples. The first and last person has a Drawing Board thread while VHXattilatv01 posts his arts on Deviantart. For these people: please read the very first message of this thread before you start creating your own ones.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Here is the current status of this thread's process.
- Completed sides: myself, Fone Bone, Gatordragon and ilpuyopuyo (that person needs to have a Drawing Board thread or a site where the arts are posted).
- @RandomMe created a pretty long blurb with links to his arts, but didn't make an artwork for this thread yet.
- As for the three people needed, I will mention some useful ones that I would really like to opt in. @superkeegan9100, @VHXattilatv01 and @RONTV are some good examples. The first and last person has a Drawing Board thread while VHXattilatv01 posts his arts on Deviantart. For these people: please read the very first message of this thread before you start creating your own ones.
@RandomMe has opted out. I am not going to hassle him further. I will accept his art on my Gilda And Meek site when I get around to linking it, and will be grateful for that. He is still awesome.

I'm glad you are reaching out to artists I don't know. That is very helpful. @superkeegan9100 is a pretty great poster.

Guidelines for the blurb. They are not necessary, but I'd feel a heck of a lot more comfortable posting the blurb if the following suggestions are taken.

1. Don't use fandom shorthand. Assume the people you are introducing the artwork to don't watch cartoons, and are mostly going to be introduced to some new concepts via the upcoming diary. Talking about fandoms and your and dislikes in that fandom is not the best way to make a first impression of people who don't know you. The diary is being done to introduce you to people who don't normally cruise art sites or cartoon forums, which I think it important for wider exposure.

2. Describe a little bit about yourself and your work. Talking about your process is encouraged. Many Kos readers will find it fascinating. In fact, I would go so far as to advise you to put a little time and effort into the blurb. Make it entertaining if possible. If not, talk about the parts of your work that matter most to you, and why you want as many people to see it as possible.

3. I suggested 3 paragraphs. If you really have interesting things to say, and want to talk a little more in-depth, I will make judgement calls there. But I can probably say a blurb longer than three paragraphs is okay if it's both interesting and accessible.

4. This is probably the most important note I can give about the blurb. Keep in mind when you write it the diary in question is highlighting ALL the participants, not just you, and the stronger you make the discussion of your art, the more Daily Kos readers will respond to it, which helps the entire group. You are perfectly entitled to dash off a brief description and call it a day. I will accept that. But I want you to keep in mind ALL of us should put in our best effort to make the diary interesting and fun to read on its own.

5. For all who are participating I believe it's probably best if I mass PM you all a draft of the diary and make sure you all approve and agree about how I've presented your work. Suggestions and corrections will be encouraged. As far as presentation order is concerned, I was initially thinking alphabetical by user name, but of the participants who have so far opted in, Fone Bone is first there, and I think it would be inappropriate if I went either first or last. If you have a better suggestion I would appreciate it.

Thank you all who have opted in. Remember the Opt-In period ends Sunday, Midnight on the 26th. If we don't get three more participants the diary, will not go forward for now. If that happens, and if in the weeks or months ahead new artists bump this thread and express interest, we can reassess things.

This is going to be a massive undertaking and I look forward to showcasing all of your work if you will let me.

Last edited:

Sam the Cartoonist

It's Sam here, and I have been drawing comic strips since I was 12, but didn't start reworking my series The Shapes until the beginning of 2021. I was heavily influenced by various cartoons I grew up watching and especially comic strips such as Pearls Before Swine, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, Doonesbury, etc. Here's my comic cover:

Attachments

• The Shapes Poster.jpg
    The Shapes Poster.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 54

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It's Sam here, and I have been drawing comic strips since I was 12, but didn't start reworking my series The Shapes until the beginning of 2021. I was heavily influenced by various cartoons I grew up watching and especially comic strips such as Pearls Before Swine, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, Doonesbury, etc. Here's my comic cover:
Excellent! I was hoping for you. It is all right to link to the sites in your sig as well?

Just need two more!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts