Infamous Webtoon: Popeye's Island Adventures

powerjake

Banned
Has anyone seen this awful poorly made webtoon of Popeye that looks like it came from the infamous Youtube Elsagate or GoAnimate/Vyond. This is the worst way to bring back a classic cartoon character. It looks like a fan project that gone wrong. It bears little to no resemblance to the classic Popeye theatrical cartoons or even the Popeye Thimble Theatre comic strips the original shorts were based on. The redesigns are really bad, the characters don’t talk and instead just make random sounds.

popeye_youtube.jpg

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
From what I remember from watching the first two episodes, they were okay. I mean, there wasn't much humor and the animation was a total downgrade from the original theatrical shorts (albeit more energetic than whatever Hanna-Barbera churned out). But plot-wise they were kinda engaging and with a few twists. Not enough to be thrilled, but this was an innocent time-waster.

powerjake

Banned
From what I remember from watching the first two episodes, they were okay. I mean, there wasn't much humor and the animation was a total downgrade from the original theatrical shorts (albeit more energetic than whatever Hanna-Barbera churned out). But plot-wise they were kinda engaging and with a few twists. Not enough to be thrilled, but this was an innocent time-waster.

This webtoon has no reason to exist sinse it looks so fanmade.

powerjake

Banned
If Popeye had a new cartoon done right it would feel like the 2013 Mickey Mouse cartoon or The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looks like there is some good news!

Asa
I speculate this third pandemic winter could end up being it's very last one, ever (we don't need to have too many).
Went to TGI Friday's for my birthday yesterday. Had a great time there despite the chilly weather in Leicester Square.
I've officially turned 26 years old.

Featured Posts