Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

@Red Arrow :D , yes, Disney Channel Benelux has been definitely been absorded by the French team, which explains the trends it took; like the presence of credits etc.

Same promos, same events etc.

Some of the choices, sadly, have been "against" the Dutch-speaking territories

As for "icih", I know Walloons can't pronounce the H (except in some regional accents, when it comes to the "H aspiré"), but Parisians and even standard French-speakers have the tendency the add an "aspiration" with "i, u, ou" when at the end of the words
Does Disney Channel Netherlands have anything for Halloween? Also, is Disney Channel Italy actually commercial-free?
No it isn't

It has not been commercial-free for a long time now

Tommy

From today Disney channel italy has change its announcement’s voice and it has modify the bumpers slightly.

Francisque

From today Disney channel italy has change its announcement’s voice and it has modify the bumpers slightly.
Yes indeed, the graphics are pretty much the same, it's just that now the "characters pictures" and the name of the show are centred.. I'll post a video on tomorrow

The new announcer is this one

Replacing Patrizio Prata, which has been the main announcer on DC IT pretty much since its launch! Now I think he's moved to Disney Junior
They also have a female announcer now, for female-themed shows like Soy Luna
Like closing down Disney XD 24h, changing all text on screen to English instead of Dutch and abandonning the Flemish YouTube channel : /
Wait, I read it right?

Now the channel bumpers, promos etc. are all in English?
Probably because the Walloon and Dutch-speaking feeds have been unified except for the ad opt outs, but still pretty "odd"!

The French team should have left the feeds intact

Could you post a continuity? I'm very interested"!

What DID Disney Channel Italy's Halloween bug look like?
I'll post it tonight
I'll just say that it looked much better than the one on DC Spain, which looks tacky and predictable

It was purple, with cobwebs at the top

OhMyMyina

No. Only the on-screen text in the SHOWS was in English.

Also, strangely, the title of Phineas and Ferb is the same in Dutch. I thought it would be Phineas en Ferb.

Tommy

Yes indeed, the graphics are pretty much the same, it's just that now the "characters pictures" and the name of the show are centred.. I'll post a video on tomorrow

But in your opinion this could be that in the next months there will be a rebrand of graphics ?

Replacing Patrizio Prata, which has been the main announcer on DC IT pretty much since its launch! Now I think he's moved to Disney Junior

Wait, I read it right?

Probably because the Walloon and Dutch-speaking feeds have been unified except for the ad opt outs, but still pretty "odd"!

I'll post it tonight
I'll just say that it looked much better than the one on DC Spain, which looks tacky and predictable

Tommy

Wait, I read it right?

I'll post it tonight

But in your opinion in italy there will be a rebrand of graphics in the next months ?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Keywords: door de herstructurering (due to reorganization)

Disney EMEA wants less feeds and less divisions.
My predictions for Disney Channel:
The CEE feeds might merge with Poland and make something similar to Disney XD and Junior but on a regional scale
Portugal will still get an independent feed because the Spanish channel is terrestrial and the Portuguese one isn't
The former Yugoslav countries and Albania will still get the Middle Eastern/African feed
Eventually the Netherlands will fall under the French team

Why is Disney reorganizing everything in Europe? How did they lost money so fast? Did the launch of Eastern European feeds when Jetix died help? I wonder what will happen if the European Union approves the merger with FOX because FOX has been doing OK with localized channels, particularly in Portugal and Italy, and even boosted the brand with launches in Eastern Europe, and Portugal is a strong market for FOX. Hope that the issues will be solved - but they likely won't.

SpottyBlue

Spider-Man season 2 Disney XD UK promo:

Anyone know these Spider-Man season 2 episode names based from these clips inside this promo?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Francisque

I think the current "regional" feeds will stay as they are; Poland definitely deserves its own feed, and I can't see the Central Europe (Czechia + Hungary), Eastern Europe (Romania + Bulgaria) either splitting or merging

We're talking about the main channel here

I personally think now that Benelux is under the French team, Wallonia should just go back to DC France, leaving the current DC Benelux to just the Netherlands and Flanders
But there probably are now more complication I'm not aware of
DIsney XD 24uur should be brought back, definitely

And I'm not sure the reorganisation was either to save money or because the French team didn't want to handle too many feeds; the latter is a likely possibility

@Red Arrow :D so the promos are still in Dutch, right? A continuity would be great, we haven't seen much of DC Netherlands for a long time, but no pressure about it :)

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
@Red Arrow :D so the promos are still in Dutch, right? A continuity would be great, we haven't seen much of DC Netherlands for a long time, but no pressure about it :)
proximustv.be stopped working properly in April or so : /

Yet they will increase the bills in January. Scandalous. Belgium is a nightmare when it comes to telecom. (compared to NL, Lux, FR, DE and UK)

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Yes, there are a few Dutch words here and there. Very minimal. The fillers are completely textless. The afternoon bumpers have shows that are only aired in France. All logos and episode titles etc. are all in English.

Checkerboard would hate it but I prefer the French team over the Dutch team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Tom Cruise Made His First Billion Dollar Movie!
Congrats to the Colorado Avalanche, my hockey team
Nickelodeon’s first foreign victim to Paramount+, and CN is the only one left in the country.

I didn't think she could do a higher pitched voice. Then again, I didn't think she could do a grandma voice, but she did.

With Nickelodeon celebrated Pride Day this year, they included Power Rangers Dino Fury episode, even though Nick already lost rights late last year.

Featured Posts