International Disney Networks Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprytekPL

Globox Moment

DC Spain could well disappear from the Spanish DTT in 2023!
and then shutdown

Walker

DuckTales returns with new episodes on December 11 at 10:30. New episodes every weekend at 10:30 on Disney Channel Turkey
6t9qgo7.png

Markus Nelis

DC Spain could well disappear from the Spanish DTT in 2023!
I fear that it might actually shut down especially when a lot of countries already shut down DC.

Francisque

Yep, that would be the inevitable next move, or the move that would happen at the same time.

I doubt that the channels (inc. Disney Junior) would be worth kept paying.

I could see another kids channel eventually replacing Disney Channel and launching on DTT, like in Korea.

Now, Disney Channel Germany might be next?

Disney Channel Russia too probably will stay, as Disney+ isn't going to launch in Russia very soon?

@RegularCapital if Spain is any similar to Italy, then Disney+ is rather known as a brand, now (thanks to good campaigns)

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Honestly, I have no idea if they'll actually get rid of Disney Channel Scandinavia or not. The feed still doesn't have a lot of animated programs (and there's way too much live-action), and Disney+'s Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney Junior lineup in Denmark is still very lackluster (Amphibia is straight-up missing, for instance!) so far, but the feed could have its lineup improved if there was a greater emphasis on Disney's own animation, as well as if Amphibia actually aired daily as opposed to only on Fridays in addition to airing both the first and second seasons (come on, people in Denmark deserve to see "True Colors" dubbed into Danish)!

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel Russia too probably will stay, as Disney+ isn't going to launch in Russia very soon?

@RegularCapital if Spain is any similar to Italy, then Disney+ is rather known as a brand, now (thanks to good campaigns)
Depends. I think Russia, Germany and Scandinavia will exist for at least until 2025, maybe some countries will survive until 2030 (along with US). Then again, they want to focus on streaming so shutting down the feeds sooner than later might not be surprising.

A bit of future prediction. I think every single DC will no longer exist after 2050. There's still time, but I feel that they really want to go all in with full streaming and stop caring about the television channels.

RegularCapital

Staff member
This is the second Christmas without Disney Channel in the UK, and kinda also the second Christmas without Sky Movies Disney (it closed in early January), the good news (and as expected) is that Disney films continue to air on BBC One over Christmas.

Melchior

No, the Disney Channel in Germany will continue to exist! This has already been communicated several times by Ms. Eun-Kyung Park!

Disney's business in Germany is very different from other European countries. Disney Germany is more deeply rooted in the industry and also has a number of strategic partnerships and is still involved in a few things.

It should not be forgotten that the Disney Channel in Germany hardly collides with Disney+, unlike in other European markets. During the day, the Disney Channel in Germany relies exclusively on German in-house productions and cartoons, while archive material for teenagers and adults from the live action area is broadcast during prime time. Additionally, third-party productions that are not added to Disney+ will air both during the day and prime time.

The audience numbers are also clearly in the green area.

Markus Nelis

No, the Disney Channel in Germany will continue to exist! This has already been communicated several times by Ms. Eun-Kyung Park!

Disney's business in Germany is very different from other European countries. Disney Germany is more deeply rooted in the industry and also has a number of strategic partnerships and is still involved in a few things.

It should not be forgotten that the Disney Channel in Germany hardly collides with Disney+, unlike in other European markets. During the day, the Disney Channel in Germany relies exclusively on German in-house productions and cartoons, while archive material for teenagers and adults from the live action area is broadcast during prime time. Additionally, third-party productions that are not added to Disney+ will air both during the day and prime time.

The audience numbers are also clearly in the green area.
I still don't see it survive after 2050. My opinion and I respect that you have yours.

Melchior

I still don't see it survive after 2050. My opinion and I respect that you have yours.
In view of the slow broadband expansion and the generally poor internet in Germany, especially in rural and geographically greener areas, we could look forward to the fact that a large part of Germany may be covered with 4K in 2050. Most cables in Germany are still made of copper. And the German bureaucracy is slow, very slow.

And Ms. Merkel once uttered a legendary sentence (2013): "The Internet is new territory for all of us!". And this is how the government has acted for the past 16 years.

And in the TV industry, too, the industry is lagging a decade or two behind in places.

Of course, nobody knows what will be in 2050. But for the time being, the Disney Channel in Germany will not be closed. But that could look very different in 2030.

Last edited:

NippyToadster

Disney Channel Poland schedule from 10 of January 2022 (all times in CET,animation in bold)
Weekdays:
6:00 Miraculous Ladybug (x2)
6:55 The Owl House (x2)
7:50 Boy Girl Dog Cat Mouse Cheese
8:10 Star vs The Forces Of Evil (x2)
9:05 Miraculous Ladybug + minisodes (x3)
10:30 Bunk'd (x2)
11:25 Jessie (x2)
12:20 Coop and Cami Ask The World (x2)
13:15 Raven's Home (x2)
14:10 Dwight in Shining Armor (x2)
15:10 Gabby Duran & The Unsittables (x2)
16:00 Bunk'd (x2)
16:55 Miraculous Ladybug (x3)
18:15 Gabby Duran/ Raven's Home from 17th Jan (x2)
19:10 Jessie (x2)
20:00 Bunk'd (x2)
20:55 Dwight in Shining Armor (x2)
22:00 Lab Rats (x2)
22:55-6:00 European animations and Evermoor and Dalmatians
Weekends:
6:00 BGDCMC (x2)
6:55 Miraculous Ladybug (x4)
8:45 Tangled:The Series (x2)
9:40 Beat Bugs Forever
10:15 Big City Greens (x2)
11:10 Gravity Falls (x2)
12:00 BGDCMC (x2)
12:50 Miraculous Ladybug+minisodes (x2)
13:55 BGDCMC (one 11-minute episode)
14:10 Gabby Duran (x2)
15:05 K.C Undercover (x2)
16:00 Bizzardvark (x2)
16:55 Sydney to The Max (x2)
17:50 Jessie (x2)
18:40 Stuck in The Middle (x4)
20:30 Miraculous Ladybug (x3)
21:50-6:00 The same as it was in December
I say that Disney Channel Poland is very improving in terms of variety of animation,not only airing Ladybug.

Francisque

In view of the slow broadband expansion and the generally poor internet in Germany, especially in rural and geographically greener areas, we could look forward to the fact that a large part of Germany may be covered with 4K in 2050. Most cables in Germany are still made of copper. And the German bureaucracy is slow, very slow.

And Ms. Merkel once uttered a legendary sentence (2013): "The Internet is new territory for all of us!". And this is how the government has acted for the past 16 years.

And in the TV industry, too, the industry is lagging a decade or two behind in places.

Of course, nobody knows what will be in 2050. But for the time being, the Disney Channel in Germany will not be closed. But that could look very different in 2030.
Same for Italy, this hasn't stopped them shutting down Disney Italian channels.

Not saying they'll shut down, but let's not be TOO SURE about that

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
So this is what the Disney Channel Scandinavia schedule will look like on December 20th (animated shows in bold, EU/UK shows in italic):
6:00 AM: 101 Dalmatian Street (single 11-minute segment)
6:15 AM: Phineas and Ferb (single 11-minute segment)
6:25 AM: Phineas and Ferb
6:50 AM: DuckTales 2017
7:15 AM: Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (2×)
8:00 AM: Bunk'd (2×)
8:45 AM: Stuck in the Middle (2×)
9:30 AM: Jessie (2×)
10:15 AM: Raven's Home (2×)
11:00 AM: Just Roll with It
11:20 AM: K.C. Undercover (2×)
12:05 PM: Coop and Cami Ask the World (2×)
12:50 PM: Sydney to the Max
1:15 PM: Stuck in the Middle
1:35 PM: Raven's Home
2:00 PM: Big City Greens (single 11-minute episode)
2:15 PM: Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
2:35 PM: The Owl House
3:00 PM: Amphibia
3:20 PM: GhostForce (2×)
4:10 PM: Bunk'd
4:35 PM: Secrets of Sulphur Springs
5:00 PM: Just Roll with It
5:25 PM: Sydney to the Max
5:50 PM: K.C. Undercover
6:15 PM: Raven's Home
6:40 PM: Gabby Duran and the Unsittables
7:05 PM: Bunk'd (2×)
7:55 PM: Stuck in the Middle
8:20 PM: K.C. Undercover
8:40 PM: Coop and Cami Ask the World (2×)
9:25 PM: Big City Greens (single 11-minute segment)
9:35 PM: Jessie
10:00 PM: Disney Fam Jam
10:25 PM: Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
10:45 PM: Austin and Ally
11:10 PM: Binny and the Ghost
11:35 PM: Dog with a Blog
11:55 PM: The Lodge
12:20 AM: Alex and Co.
12:40 AM: The Evermoor Chronicles
1:05 AM: Violetta (2×)
2:35 AM: Dude, That's My Ghost!
2:55 AM: Good Luck Charlie
3:15 AM: 101 Dalmatian Street
3:40 AM: Rolling with the Ronks
4:00 AM: Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
4:20 AM: Kid vs. Kat (single 11-minute segment)
4:35 AM: Space Chickens in Space
5:00 AM: PJ Masks
5:25 AM: Henry Hugglemonster (single 11-minute segment)
5:35 AM: Art Attack (Scandinavian version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts