International Disney Networks Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

More amateur-like DC UK presentation from 2006, especially the cheap menu with the God-knows-why irregularly smaller logo

I can't believe they even actually thought that this Disney Channel Original Movie UK ident was ever a good idea.

It's one the ugliest idea coming from Disney and the UK presentation departments , ever.

Walker

DXD Netherlands continuity from yesterday:
Episodes showing the moments when two female characters (I forgot their names) hold hands with each other in The Owl House are not available in Turkey. The Owl House was shown in Disney XD EMEA for a while, but it was completely closed after it was released from Turkey. I wonder if Turkey had Disney XD Poland or Disney XD EMEA or any broadcast (not local) would those episodes be shown? Are those scenes available in Poland or in other countries?

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Episodes showing the moments when two female characters (I forgot their names) hold hands with each other in The Owl House are not available in Turkey. The Owl House was shown in Disney XD EMEA for a while, but it was completely closed after it was released from Turkey. I wonder if Turkey had Disney XD Poland or Disney XD EMEA or any broadcast (not local) would those episodes be shown? Are those scenes available in Poland or in other countries?
Poland actually had no problems with showing those scenes. It depends on which country is tolerable about LGBT in TV shows.

Twokay

Why They would do that ? I mean it is not directly Showing LGBT sign

Walker

Marvel Spidey ve İnanılmaz Arkadaşları (Spidey and His Amazing Friends ) premieres this Monday. New episodes Monday to Thursday at 10:30 on Disney Channel Turkey.
1642237183375.png

dcbanners

I can't believe they even actually thought that this Disney Channel Original Movie UK ident was ever a good idea.

It's one the ugliest idea coming from Disney and the UK presentation departments , ever.
I would not have guessed that this was an official ident coming from Disney Channel UK, wow...

I never really understood why there was/is a need for the different EMEA feeds (such as DC UK or Scandinavia) to always create a different version of the idents or graphics coming from the US. I understand that the market etc. differs around the world, but still...

Francisque

To be fair, the original DC US "this is a Disney Channel Mooovie" theme was quite embarassing and cheesy, but the UK version, at least the final part and the Disney Channel Original Movie amateurish logo, is even more embarassing.

It's not like everything DC US has done has been that great, and I understanding editing, but that was too much.

Luckiy, in 2007 it was replaced by a much better ident, by the UK team.

This, and a longer version before the movies themselves, which I can't currently find

RegularCapital

Staff member
Not so much that, look at the final logo!
Didn't really notice it as I thought it was acceptable to have some alterations to fit in "Original Movie" in the logo, but looking at it again it does look rather weird and cramped towards the top of the larger circle, not well spaced considering the size of the logo, even Jetix had better presentation.

Last edited:

Francisque

It seems DC France is currently free for all Canal+ subscribers, until the 14th of February.

Probably screams "viewership crisis", with the many changes they've done in order to lose their viewers (for Disney+), by exiting the Free platform and going Canal+ package exclusive

RegularCapital

Staff member

It seems DC France is currently free for all Canal+ subscribers, until the 14th of February.

Probably screams "viewership crisis", with the many changes they've done in order to lose their viewers (for Disney+), by exiting the Free platform and going Canal+ package exclusive

As the channel is exclusive to Canal+ so what do they expect? Okay, it's the largest pay-TV provider in France, but cable, IPTV and OTT are popular options too.

Disney is probably doing this to justify closing the channel mid-contract, if it doesn't make much difference to the viewing figures.

NippyToadster

As the channel is exclusive to Canal+ so what do they expect? Okay, it's the largest pay-TV provider in France, but cable, IPTV and OTT are popular options too.

Disney is probably doing this to justify closing the channel mid-contract, if it doesn't make much difference to the viewing figures.

Scandinavia finally decided to air a new promo

Only DCOMs and Miraculous specials. Also that's the same as Poland and the rest of CEE. Where is the variety of movies that Disney Channel (European, expect Germany and Russia) once had?

Last edited:

Artan1528

And it's always the same popular DCOMs, wish they would air some old ones... Have other countries gotten a promo as well? I heard last year that The US might air all DCOMs for the 25th year anniversary this year. Hopefully if it's true, they do it in Europe too like in 2016 for the 100th DCOM. Even though they only aired 30, and the same popular DCOMs in Scandinavia lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts