International Disney+ News Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
As Disney is closing down a lot of channels around the world, the discussion of Disney+ on the International Disney Networks thread(s) has increased exponentially (with a lot of members on that thread now not having or very soon will not have a local version of Disney Channel, or having less channels than what they had), it's now time for Disney+ to have its own international thread. Discussion of Disney Networks are allowed if it relates to the channels and Disney+. The global rollout of the streaming service is now nearing its completion too.

JedSwag

Disney+ South Korea is set to launch on November 12, 2021

As Disney is closing down a lot of channels around the world, the discussion of Disney+ on the International Disney Networks thread(s) has increased exponentially (with a lot of members on that thread now not having or very soon will not have a local version of Disney Channel, or having less channels than what they had), it's now time for Disney+ to have its own international thread. Discussion of Disney Networks are allowed if it relates to the channels and Disney+. The global rollout of the streaming service is now nearing its completion too.
Could we also discuss Disney+ Hotstar too?

RegularCapital

Staff member

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Like I said on the non-US HBO Max, I'm not really keen about doing a separate thread for the non-US versions of Disney+ and I probably have the same feeling towards the possibility of doing separate threads for non-US versions of Peacock and Paramount+ but that's just me.

Last edited:

Francisque

Like I said on the non-US HBO Max, I'm not really keen about doing a separate thread for the non-US versions of Disney+ and I probably have the same feeling towards the possibility of doing separate threads for non-US versions of Peacock and Paramount+.
IMO I think HBO Max/Peacock/Paramount+ international threads might work, as they're hardly discussed elsewhere, and the main threads are heavily focused on the US, but I think that, for Disney+ we might think about transforming the "International Disney Networks Thread" into something like "International Disney+ and Disney networks"; officially, I mean, I know it's RC's intention too, but we might thinking about doing that officially

One of the reasons is also the fact that main Disney channels outside of the US are dropping like flies, except for some successful FTA examples

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Like I said on the non-US HBO Max, I'm not really keen about doing a separate thread for the non-US versions of Disney+ and I probably have the same feeling towards the possibility of doing separate threads for non-US versions of Peacock and Paramount+.
I don’t know how the mods on those boards would feel, but I’m okay with this thread.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
IMO I think HBO Max/Peacock/Paramount+ international threads might work, as they're hardly discussed elsewhere, and the main threads are heavily focused on the US, but I think that, for Disney+ we might think about transforming the "International Disney Networks Thread" into something like "International Disney+ and Disney networks"; officially, I mean, I know it's RC's intention too, but we might thinking about doing that officially.
I don’t know how the mods on those boards would feel, but I’m okay with this thread.
Well, I just felt the general threads for both HBO Max and Disney+ was fine without the need to spinoff the international news into separate threads but fair enough.

JedSwag

Disney+ Hotstar (Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand) has added the first 7 episodes of The Owl House season 2 and the Disney Channel Original Movie, Spin

Meanwhile in Thailand, they added Love, Simon and the first season of Love, Victor.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Shah Rukh Khan has teamed up with Disney+ Hotstar on a new series of ads teasing a possible TV series or film on the streaming service.

JedSwag

The limited drama series "Dopesick" will be premiering on November 12 (Disney+ Day) on the Star hub on Disney+ international (outside of the US)

Disney+ Taiwan is also launching on November 12 with Hong Kong on November 16.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts