International Disney+ News Thread

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Big Hero 6: The Series was recently added on Disney+ Nordic. That show was good and I finally get to see the show again!
Here in Denmark, we already had the first two seasons of the show you mentioned, but the third and final one was added fairly recently.

We also finally got Amphibia season 1 in its entirety yesterday (and it's even got a full-sized banner at the top of the main page, which is impressive), although season 2 is not available yet.
Screenshot_20220106-094918.png

Here's the Amphibia banner on the Danish Disney+ that I talked about.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Gnomeo & Juliet has been removed from Disney+ UK.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Gnomeo & Juliet has been removed from Disney+ UK.

The only way round this is for Disney to buy the UK, Ireland and Canada distribution rights for that film from Entertainment One, but I guess Disney's not that interested. Disney+ has PJ Masks from eOne, so it wouldn't be that difficult to make a longer deal with them at least.

Also, all seasons of Pepper Ann will be made available this January on D+ Italy, adding to the other ones

Disney+ certainly lacks Toon Disney programming, they're probably saving this for down the line.

SpongeBobFan2004

The only way round this is for Disney to buy the UK, Ireland and Canada distribution rights for that film from Entertainment One, but I guess Disney's not that interested. Disney+ has PJ Masks from eOne, so it wouldn't be that difficult to make a longer deal with them at least.
Well, the film was also distributed by third parties in Mexico/Latin America and most of Europe...but not many countries got the film (such as Japan).

JedSwag

How I Met Your Father will release on Disney+ internationally on March 9 (also including Disney+ Hotstar Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand & Star+ Latin America and Brazil)

The series is now streaming on Disney+ Hotstar India. The series will release in South Korea on May 2022.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Subscribers will no longer have to face a three-year wait for new films to arrive on Disney+ in France.

RegularCapital

Staff member
As posted on the International Disney Networks thread:

In fact, Disney+ is launching in 42 countries this Summer, and not just Turkey

A full list of countries where Disney+ will launch this Summer:

Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, North Macedonia, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vatican City and Yemen.

The list is odd, I would've thought that San Marino and Vatican City (the Pope watches Disney?) already has the Italian version, and Liechenstein has the Swiss version, and I thought Andorra already had it since it was available in both France and Spain. Malta is understandable as they never had the UK version of Disney Channel.

I guess it's one of those weird things where Disney+ first launched in the UK, and then The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands quickly followed, probably due to local laws being different because they have their own governments.

My theory on why Disney+ first launched in the Netherlands, was that they were going to use the country as a regulatory base, it's Disney's first time running a major SVOD service (and also in that country), and also to give them time to get some familiarity with Dutch media regulations before expanding elsewhere, also it's a sizable market for a soft-launch test run of the service.

JulianRO

I hope that at least in Europe, they will add the shows and movies that aired on Fox Kids on Disney+ (the Saban Entertainment library to benmore specific), especially those made by SIP Animation in partnership with CinéGroupe (such as Princess Sissi, Wunschpunsch, Jim Button etc.)

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Well, can be Xiaolin Chronicles added to Disney+, since it aired on Disney XD?
Since Disney doesn't own the rights to the show, I don't think it can be on Disney+ unless Disney secures some sort of licensing agreement with ActionFliks Media Corporation, like they did with other companies in order to get Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir and Dude, That's My Ghost! on the service. (Please note that Dude, That's My Ghost! is only available in European countries.) Even then, it likely won't be available on the service outside of the United States, because it only aired on Disney XD USA and not the other international Disney Channel or Disney XD feeds.

Last edited:

Francisque

I hope that at least in Europe, they will add the shows and movies that aired on Fox Kids on Disney+ (the Saban Entertainment library to benmore specific), especially those made by SIP Animation in partnership with CinéGroupe (such as Princess Sissi, Wunschpunsch, Jim Button etc.)
I'd be surprised if that happened.. I don't think Disney cares the slightest

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Disney+ has finally added the Danish, Japanese and Portuguese (both European and Brazilian Portuguese) audio for the Amphibia season 2 finale "True Colors", as well as the European and Brazilian Portuguese audio tracks on the preceding S2 episodes that were missing either of the two Portuguese audio tracks. This should finally make make season 2 fully ready for delivery on the platform in Denmark, Japan, Portugal and Brazil, in addition to France, Spain, Italy, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Spanish-speaking Latin America, Norway and Sweden.

Don't believe me? Here's proof: Dsny.pl

RegularCapital

Staff member
Israeli Pay-TV provider Yes is reported to have signed a preferential cooperation agreement with Disney+.

Although Disney+ is expected to cost NIS40 a month in Israel, Yes will probably charge NIS30 as part of a package. Disney was also in talks with Yes's rival - Hot.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts