International Disney+ News Thread

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
The Walking Dead season 11 is finally arriving to Disney+ in Denmark on February 21st after bizarrely remaining absent from the service for months (despite other European Disney+ countries with Star like the UK, Germany, Netherlands and Italy getting the first part much sooner). Both the first part and the second part of the season (the latter including the most recent episode of season 11) will be arriving simultaneously.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
The French Disney-branded Disney+ original series Weekend Family is now streaming on Disney+, not just in France, but also in several other European countries as well. I checked the Danish version of Disney+, and it's there. The show has been dubbed into English, Castilian Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.

Last edited:

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes

Danish Disney+ highlights for March 2022. There's some interesting stuff in there. Also, more Disney Junior stuff is coming—the fifth and final season of Doc McStuffins, the second season of Muppet Babies, and the second season of Elena of Avalor.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
All episodes of The Owl House's first season can now be watched with Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian or Turkish dubbing.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
They finally added English closed captioning to Sadie Sparks on Disney+ in Europe. I always found it odd that the show lacked closed captions in English despite being originally produced in that language, and especially despite the show already being available on the UK/Republic of Ireland version of Disney+. I submitted feedback to Disney+ regarding this oversight, and they've since corrected it!

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Wasn't sure where to post this since but since it covers worldwide, I'll post it here:

The latest season of The Files of Young Kindaichi will premiere on Disney+ in Japan and worldwide after it airs on NTV first in April.

Francisque

How I Met Your Father will arrive May 11 on Disney+ UK.
Same as most other European operations, including the Italian one.

OT: I didn't like the original one, I'm sure I won't care about this!

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Apparently, Disney+ in the UK is getting shows from BabyTV (an international channel owned and operated by Fox Networks Group which Disney acquired as a result of its 21st Century Fox acquisition, and aimed at kids too young for even Disney Junior) on April 13th; specifically, they're adding Giggle Wiggle, Ahoy Pirates, Rocco, Stitches, Dino & the Egg and Toto's Kindergarten. They're also getting GhostForce (a show which airs on Disney Channel in many countries) on the same day, as well as Space Chickens in Space (a show which has aired on Disney XD or Disney Channel in many countries) on April 20th.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Apparently, Disney+ in the UK is getting shows from BabyTV (an international channel owned and operated by Fox Networks Group which Disney acquired as a result of its 21st Century Fox acquisition, and aimed at kids too young for even Disney Junior) on April 13th; specifically, they're adding Giggle Wiggle, Ahoy Pirates, Rocco, Stitches, Dino & the Egg and Toto's Kindergarten. They're also getting GhostForce (a show which airs on Disney Channel in many countries) on the same day, as well as Space Chickens in Space (a show which has aired on Disney XD or Disney Channel in many countries) on April 20th.
After hearing this news, I wouldn't be surprised if BabyTV withdraws from the UK market. It's clear that Disney wants everything to be unified on one platform where possible. BabyTV is included in the Kids package on Sky, but on Virgin you have to pay extra, there's also an online subscription option, but I would imagine they have very few subscribers.

With more mature content being added to Disney+ U.S., I can see Hulu eventually closing, or at least the live TV business being sold off that's if they don't want to offer it anymore. I think ESPN+ may exist as a side-package to Disney+ and be accessible under the same app.

WowWowWow

The Greatest Hero in Ooo
Will they be under a BabyTV brand or just a normal brand

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
The Turkish dub of Family Guy is now on Disney+. From what I've learned, it's only available on certain season 20 episodes. The dub was produced by Saran Digital Studios.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes

Disney+ Denmark in April 2022. Amphibia season 2, Fancy Nancy season 3 and Soy Luna season 3 are among the highlights.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts