International Disney+ News Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

marcyx065

Disney+ is coming to EMEA countries. The streaming platform is launching first in South Africa (on May 18th), then the Middle East (on June 8th), then the Central and Eastern Europe region (on June 14th) and finally Israel (June 16th).

JulianRO

Central and Eastern Europe region (on June 14th)
I can confirm it by the email that Disney sent to me today.
IMG_20220329_155245.jpg

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
With Disney+ in Denmark, Sweden and Norway (and presumably also Finland, though I haven't really heard any news about Finland) adding seasons 3 and 4 of Star vs. the Forces of Evil on Wednesday, I've informed customer support via live chat to ensure that viewers in Nordic countries get a perfect experience streaming this particular show.

I've requested that the team at Disney+ responsible for adding new content ensures that each and every single episode of the show, including the three currently episodes from seasons 1 and 2 that are currently unavailable in Denmark, in addition to "A Boy and His DC-700XE / The Monster and the Queen" (which currently completely lacks Danish, Swedish and Norwegian audio) and even "Knight Shift / Queen-Napped" (which is unavailable in some European countries) becomes fully available in the Nordic countries, with Danish, Swedish and Norwegian dubbing as well as Finnish subtitles fully available. I've also requested that most episodes also use the same prints for certain episodes also used by Disney+ in the United States, since the Danish, Swedish and Norwegian dubs are generally only found on those particular prints.

Edit: They added seasons 3 and 4 today. Each and every single episode from the third and fourth seasons is now fully available on Disney+, with not a single one of them missing to my knowledge—even "Knight Shift / Queen-Napped," which is missing from the Disney+ library in other countries, is actually there! All episodes use the same prints also used in other European countries, and all of them have Danish, Swedish and Norwegian dubbing available, as well as Finnish subtitles. However, they're still missing certain episodes from seasons 1 and 2, so I've submitted my feedback to them.

Last edited:

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Looks like some episodes of The Simpsons from season 33 can now be watched with Turkish dubbing! This Turkish dub appears to be brand-new (and presumably exclusive to Disney+, with no indication if it's directly from FX Turkey or not), and was produced by Saran Digital Studios. Homer is voiced by Barış Özgenç in this dub.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
They actually added the TV Puls Polish dub of The Simpsons for selected season 1 episodes! Unlike the lektor featured in later HD-era episodes, this is an actual proper dub! The Simpsons Movie is also now available in Polish, and it's the official dub rather than a lektor. All of this is part of a very recent mass addition of Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Romanian, Greek and Turkish audio/subtitles to the service (which also included adding dubs of Encanto in the aforementioned languages).

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
The second season of Amphibia is now available on Disney+ in Denmark, Sweden and Norway in its entirety. All episodes can be watched with Danish, Swedish or Norwegian dubbing.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
For some bizarre reason, the Disney Channel Original Movie Jump In!, which actually had Polish full dubbing on Disney Channel Poland and Disney XD Poland, instead uses a lektor voiceover translation for its Polish audio track on Disney+. Can someone else look for other oddities/inconsistencies with Polish audio tracks on the platform?

Edit: The first High School Musical movie also suffers from the exact same issue on its Polish audio track from what I've discovered, but the second and third movies are fortunately fully dubbed.

Edit2: Captain America: The First Avenger (which had Polish dubbing on HBO GO commissioned specifically by Disney), Ice Princess (which was aired with dubbing on Disney Channel Poland), and Minutemen (which was aired with dubbing on Disney XD Poland) also suffer from the same problem. I've checked this page, which contains a list of Polish-dubbed movies and TV shows which also have lektor voice-over versions available: Użytkownik:Marek/Czarna lista – Dubbingpedia

Last edited:

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Disney+ in Denmark, Sweden and Norway recently added the entire second season of Amphibia on April 13th. All episodes have been dubbed into Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Disney+ in Denmark (and I presume also Sweden, Norway and Finland) has added the two missing Star vs. the Forces of Evil episodes from season 2 ("My New Wand / Ludo in the Wild" and "Star vs. Echo Creek / Wand to Wand"). The second season is now officially complete, with the show's only missing episode at the moment currently being "Mewnipendence Day / Banagic" from season 1.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Bizarrely, the first episode of Monsters at Work can now be watched with Thai dubbing on regular Disney+ (i.e. the non-Hotstar version). Normally, the Thai dub is supposed to be entirely exclusive to Disney+ Hotstar instead! I can understand adding the Thai dubbing of Raya and the Last Dragon since that movie has a Southeast Asian setting, but Monsters at Work? Seriously?

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
The third and final season of Soy Luna is now live on Disney+ in Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland), after being widely requested by fans for a long time. None of the episodes are offered with Danish, Swedish, Norwegian or even English dubbing, but all of them are available with English, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish subtitles, and all of them can be watched with the original Spanish-language audio.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes

Disney+ in Denmark seems a bit boring next month, especially with the apparent lack of Disney Channel or Disney Junior content coming soon. But there's still stuff to come anyway!

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
I've noticed that Disney+ is now carrying a Slovak dub of the 2012 animated series Ultimate Spider-Man. I honestly have no idea as to where exactly this mysterious dub came from, especially since Disney Channel CE (which did air the Czech and Hungarian dubs of this series) has never specifically had a Slovak audio track to begin with (instead exclusively airing in Czech in Slovakia), and I haven't been able to find any information regarding the Slovak dub outside of Disney+.

Perhaps this dub is actually original to Disney+?

Last edited:

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes

According to these Swedish Disney+ highlights for May 2022 (which are much more extensive than the Danish highlights I previously posted in addition to also being fairly accurate overall), Dinosaurs should be coming to the Swedish Disney+ on May 4th. Considering as the Swedish Disney+'s library is overall very similar to the Danish one, I'm fairly certain that it's also coming to the Danish version as well (the Norwegian and Finnish versions of D+ are very likely also getting the show too). Every episode is already available with Danish, Norwegian and Finnish subtitles, and almost every episode except for season 1 episode 2 currently offers Swedish subtitles.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts