International Disney+ News Thread

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I've noticed that Disney+ is now carrying a Slovak dub of the 2012 animated series Ultimate Spider-Man. I honestly have no idea as to where exactly this mysterious dub came from, especially since Disney Channel CE (which did air the Czech and Hungarian dubs of this series) has never specifically had a Slovak audio track to begin with (instead exclusively airing in Czech in Slovakia), and I haven't been able to find any information regarding the Slovak dub outside of Disney+.

Perhaps this dub is actually original to Disney+?
It probably aired on a local channel, just like Kim Possible.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes

The official launch lineup for Disney+ in South Africa has been revealed. It's already looking vastly superior to the Danish one somehow. That said, there's no indication so far of any locally-produced South African shows coming to the platform there, and they don't seem to have the batch delivery of Disney Channel/Disney Junior shows (unlike Disney+ in the U.S., Latin America/Brazil, UK/Republic of Ireland, Singapore and Australia/New Zealand) either.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Disney+ has added the Turkish dub of The Ghost and Molly McGee. Due to Disney Channel Turkey's shutdown, this show never managed to air on TV in Turkey, so it will likely premiere exclusively on Disney+ in Turkey.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
They started airing a Czech ad on TV.

Francisque

Even Stevens only aired on DC Italy starting in 2005-06, I think.

So it's not surprising... DC France was one of the very few intl. feeds to have it from the start (Drôle de Frère)... DC Italy didn't , and it never was a huge rating winner

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
It looks like Disney+ in South Africa will actually feature King of the Hill, a show that I don't think is available on Disney+ elsewhere in the world.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Apparently, Disney+ in South Africa is actually a separate service from the international version currently available in the Americas, Europe, Singapore, East Asia and Oceania.

Edit: My research suggests that the versions of Disney+ in Arab countries, South Africa and Israel will all share a Hotstar-based platform, separate and distinct from the international platform. The countries getting Disney+ on June 14th (before Arab countries, but after Israel) will all receive the international Disney+ platform instead.

Last edited:

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Screenshot_20220519-003438.png

Some episode descriptions for Vampirina season 2 are in Czech for some bizarre reason on the international Disney+. Note that my language is set to English.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Just discovered that they actually went ahead and added Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish dubs for The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder. Originally, the show was released in Nordic countries without any dubbing whatsoever (only subtitles were available).

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Disney+ will have Arabic dubbing when it launches in Arab countries on June 8th. Both Modern Standard Arabic and Egyptian Arabic dubbing will be provided for selected titles. Both of the Arabic dubs of Encanto (and yes, there will be two Arabic dubs for Encanto, by the way—one in Modern Standard Arabic and the other in Egyptian Arabic) will officially debut exclusively on Disney+ in Arab countries. Here's "We Don't Talk About Bruno" in Egyptian Arabic:

And in Modern Standard Arabic:

Also, it looks like they're even making Egyptian Arabic dubs for titles that up until now have only been available in Modern Standard Arabic. Here's the season 1 intro to Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir in Egyptian Arabic:

Both Arabic dubs of Encanto are produced in Egypt by the same dubbing studio, and appear to share the same voice cast. Likewise, the upcoming Egyptian Arabic dubbing of Miraculous will share its voice cast with the preexisting Modern Standard Arabic dub that's already airing on Disney Channel EMEA.

The Walt Disney Company EMEA and Disney Character Voices International are indeed finally bringing back Egyptian Arabic dubbing by popular demand.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts