International HBO Max News Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
As HBO Max is now being rolled out internationally, I think it's time for a separate thread specifically dedicated to news about international versions of HBO Max. So far outside the United States, HBO Max has launched in Latin America and the Caribbean, with a Spanish and Nordic launch on the horizon. As we're in a transitional period of HBO GO to HBO Max, discussion about any international version of the HBO streaming service is allowed on this thread. You can also talk about HBO/HBO Max content on third-party streaming services and TV channels (e.g. NOW, Sky Atlantic, OCS, Crave etc.) if HBO does not directly operate a service in your country (yet).

I can start this thread off with a bit of news, an Indian launch of HBO Max is just around the corner: Exclusive: HBO Max plan details leaked ahead of Indian launch - OnlyTech

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
There will be a online conference next month about CEE launch in 2022, including Czechia.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Official Press Release: HBO Max To Launch In First European Countries On October 26: HBO Max will be introduced to Europe at a virtual launch event in October. HBO Max To Launch In First European Countries On October 26 | Pressroom

HBO Max coming to Europe in October Preview:

Vodafone Spain confirms HBO partnership as WarnerMedia unveils Max rollout plan: Vodafone España has confirmed that it will be the exclusive operator distribution partner for HBO Max after the service launches in Spain on October 26.

J10

Official Press Release: HBO Max To Launch In First European Countries On October 26: HBO Max will be introduced to Europe at a virtual launch event in October. HBO Max To Launch In First European Countries On October 26 | Pressroom

Vodafone Spain confirms HBO partnership as WarnerMedia unveils Max rollout plan: Vodafone España has confirmed that it will be the exclusive operator distribution partner for HBO Max after the service launches in Spain on October 26.

The promo is in CinemaScope (21:9), and it’s different from the Latin American and the original US App promos, because of the lightning bubbles inside the promo. I thought it’ll be the same in graphics.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level

In one month from now! Also, will there be local content available on HBO Max EU?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Honestly, I'm not really keen about doing a separate thread for the non-US versions of HBO Max. I just felt the general thread was fine to include news relating to said versions but that's just me.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
As usual, they don't mention Italy..
When the cross-European deal with Sky ends, I think it will launch. Sky currently has a deal with Discovery+, and WarnerMedia is merging with Discovery, which makes me think that Sky will at least get an ad-supported version of HBO Max (probably replacing Discovery+) bundled with the movie channels. It seems that Discovery or WarnerMedia (and ViacomCBS) don't want to annoy Sky and want to keep their channels.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

RegularCapital

Staff member
Today was HBO Max's first live event for Europe ready for the SVOD's launch in the Nordics and Spain on 26th October:

Also here's the press release and summary: HBO Max Unveils Its Streaming Platform Ahead of Launch in Europe

HBO Max today announced it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 including the Netherlands, Turkey, Greece, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.

HBO Max brings together the world-renowned brands of Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals in one place for the first time in Europe.

Warner Bros. movies will be available on HBO Max just 45 days after theatrical release this year in the Nordics and next year in Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Iceland and Central and Eastern Europe.

HBO Max will offer customers outstanding value with the monthly subscription reduced in the Nordics, maintained in Spain and a new annual subscription will offer 12-months for the price of eight.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts