ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
Today (November 9), Genius Brands International's kids channel, Kartoon Channel! has been launched on Tap DMV's streaming service, TapGO TV
Screenshot_20221109_180236.jpg

This also marks the first time that GBI's Kartoon Channel! brand to be in any Southeast Asian country (in that case, Philippines)

RegularCapital

Well Known Meme-ber
Staff member
Narrative Entertainment has entered the FAST (Free Ad-Supported Television) market with the launch of the POP Kids channel on Samsung TV Plus.

Narrative is also launching GREAT! Movies and GREAT! Christmas channels on Samsung TV Plus.

Narrative-FAST-1122.jpg

CNFan89x

Well-Known Membeer
KiKA premieres Moley exactly 1 year after Boomerang CEE, on December 13th at 18:15 CET.

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter

Indonesian local fta RTV brought Lego Animated Series from marvel stars, celebrate national heroes day at 12 november ago. before they prepare aired Lego ninjago after half month the shows end on cartoon network

Francisque

Wow, this is a rather big news, but it was to be expected.

Probably not far from launching on Sky Italia too, it makes up for the loss of the Disney's, which hasn't exactly been without consequences

Francisque

According to Omnidirectional on DigitalSpy:

Previously, Sky's shareholding in Nickelodeon UK prevented them from launching a linear kids channel (detailed here) but Companies House shows Sky sold their stake in Nickelodeon UK on 31st October and it's now fully owned by ViacomCBS/Paramount. That's probably why various Nick channels are changing transponders at the moment.

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Will have to keep an eye out on this Sky Kids channel.
Or at least see what programming they'll run from launch.

POP UK had an interesting line-up from it's early start, but was a satellite only channel for a few years, so not everyone could see the likes of Dreamstone, Legend of Calamity Jane, Noah's Island, Cyberchase, and a ton of old DIC shows they had.

The only other company I can think that's never launched a kids channel is UKTV, but I don't know what their reason is. Apparently Gold used to run old shows like Danger Mouse and Blue Peter, but I've not seen any legit source on that. It be interesting to see them make their own sort of Cartoon Network/Boomerang. But I guess running old UK animation 24/7 wouldn't cut it these days.

RegularCapital

Well Known Meme-ber
Staff member
Will have to keep an eye out on this Sky Kids channel.
Or at least see what programming they'll run from launch.

POP UK had an interesting line-up from it's early start, but was a satellite only channel for a few years, so not everyone could see the likes of Dreamstone, Legend of Calamity Jane, Noah's Island, Cyberchase, and a ton of old DIC shows they had.

The only other company I can think that's never launched a kids channel is UKTV, but I don't know what their reason is. Apparently Gold used to run old shows like Danger Mouse and Blue Peter, but I've not seen any legit source on that. It be interesting to see them make their own sort of Cartoon Network/Boomerang. But I guess running old UK animation 24/7 wouldn't cut it these days.

It will be Sky Originals already available on their VOD service, it will be ad-free which is a nice feature.

POP is a success story and shows that over time you can start from old programming that the other broadcasters don't have, to eventually owning the broadcasting rights to popular children's properties. Although Sony was an important factor to the channel.

I guess UKTV never really bothered due to the existence of CBBC and CBeebies. It would be nice to see some old CBBC stuff on GOLD and probably even Yesterday (as they sometimes air archive content), BBC Four is making a shift towards archive programming, maybe a block on there would add some variety.

EDIT: Here's the press release for the Sky Kids Channel: Sky to launch brand new 24-hour ad-free Sky Kids channel packed with a standout slate of Sky Originals and franchise favourites

Virgin will be incredibly stupid if they don't do something if they're not getting the Sky Kids channel, they need to be offering CN and Nick channels as a free bonus or/and by adding Boomerang HD and Nick Jr HD, especially after Disney has gone. Their VOD offering is very meagre and their kids pack is not much cheaper compared to Sky. As Nick is no longer partly owned by Sky, it should make negotiations a bit easier with Paramount. It's highly likely that BabyTV will be closing here too, it's classed as premium channel on Virgin, even though its free on Sky.

I don't think a transponder change means anything, a lot of the satellite TV transponders on Astra 2 are pretty much leased by Sky for encrypted channels that are in their packages (except for the Freesat ones which can also have encrypted channels on), unless for some reason Sky wants to group their channels more closely together. Although I think Paramount leases one themselves which they gained from buying Channel 5.

EDIT 2: The company that was responsible for Paramount's majority stake in Nickelodeon UK (which now has full control) is Nickelodeon Huggings UK Ltd, I never knew why it's called that, I guess it's just a cute way to show that its both a "holdings" company and to express part of a partnership, it has existed since 1992.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The only other company I can think that's never launched a kids channel is UKTV, but I don't know what their reason is. Apparently Gold used to run old shows like Danger Mouse and Blue Peter, but I've not seen any legit source on that. It'll be interesting to see them make their own sort of Cartoon Network/Boomerang. But I guess running old UK animation 24/7 wouldn't cut it these days.
Channel 4 and Channel 5 (before being bought by Viacom in 2014) also never had a kids channel of their own.

zeebre12

How does Dreamwork's content work regarding UK rights? Some Netflix original Dreamwork's content airs on Pop/Tiny Pop and Sky Kids? Or how do rights work?
Will Peacock Dreamwork's kids content now air on Sky Kids?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I just want to say that I totally called it that Diamond White could voice Moon Girl 3 years in advance.

Today i learned that David Cronenberg (The Fly, Scanners) has a son who’s also a director and i saw a very psychedelic arthouse film made by him called Infinity Pool. I hope he becomes a more high profile director some day.

I wouldn’t recommend it to people who don’t watch arthouse movies though. It’s also very adult-oriented if you know what i mean
Update on the M&M's situation. He has reliable sources in this video.
Review Metabee wrote on DaGangOfToonz's profile.
is there any chance you are stoonsarchvie/sheetposter

Featured Posts