International Nickelodeon thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularCapital

Staff member
As far as I know, Israel still gets its own Nickodeon feed..

@RegularCapital and Russia of course has its own feed, it has its own team tol

Hence this statement:

"first of all this is a list of countries where ViacomCBS notified which countries where the feeds can possibly be broadcast to"

But do Russia and Israel have localised HD feeds? (which is why they're listed under Global), I don't think so.

However, I am impressed about the level of localisation on Nick and Nick Jr. Israel.

It's sad for Maltese that they get a separated version like Nickelodeon (Global Version) & Nick Jr., and Discovery EMEA like Discovery Turbo Xtra, while some like CN (WarnerMedia) broadcasts the UK feed instead beside Cartoonito, and doesn't have independence.

It's up to Viacom to decide which channels should be distributed to which market, at least its ad-less. Malta do actually get Cartoonito. TV Channels Schedule | Melita Malta

WarnerMedia or Turner back then, marketed CN UK as the channel for English speaking countries which is why Malta receives it, as English is one of their official languages alongside Maltese, another feed was developed as a pan-feed in English for non-English speaking countries. Turner Info - Press Office

Last edited:

Walker

toons animation afternoons, every weekday at 15.30 ( Turkey Time ) on Nicktoons Arabia&Turkey
1626625835136.png

Superhero Weekend
next weekend at 13.00 (Turkish time) on Nicktoons Arabia&Turkey

1626626070375.png

Last edited:

Francisque

Hence this statement:

"first of all this is a list of countries where ViacomCBS notified which countries where the feeds can possibly be broadcast to"

But do Russia and Israel have localised HD feeds? (which is why they're listed under Global), I don't think so.

It's up to Viacom to decide which channels should be distributed to which market, at least its ad-less. Malta do actually get Cartoonito. TV Channels Schedule | Melita Malta

WarnerMedia or Turner back then, marketed CN UK as the channel for English speaking countries which is why Malta receives it, as English is one of their official languages alongside Maltese, another feed was developed as a pan-feed in English for non-English speaking countries. http://www.europe.turnerinfo.com/CN/UK/distribution/index.jsp
I don't think Israel gets the HD European feed, and if they get the HD feed, it's the local one

In Israel in general almost everything is "localized", even Disney Junior retains a local feed there

You're right about Russia though!

@J10 Malta is just too small. Of course, there's no coherent pattern for international channels

J10

WarnerMedia or Turner back then, marketed CN UK as the channel for English speaking countries which is why Malta receives it, as English is one of their official languages alongside Maltese, another feed was developed as a pan-feed in English for non-English speaking countries. Turner Info - Press Office
That’s why Maltese, in 1999 & 2001, doesn’t split or doesn’t get neither the Italian feed, nor the pan-feed (for English-speaking viewers), and until now still gets the UK feed. This should change after 2022’s Discovery merge, and do what ViacomCBS did for Nickelodeon (Global) when licensing Malta, by excluding Malta from CN UK (Eire License) and creating another separated one on its own including in it Gibraltar, without neither UK nor Irish Ads, being ad-free or ad-less.

Thank god, they’re lucky having Nickelodeon (Global Version) and Nick Jr. Global.

Last edited:

SpongeBobFan2004

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Teennick LA is a Global feed ?

The Latin American and the Romanian Teen Nick is the same feed, but with different ad-breaks.

Similar applies for the Hungarian Teen Nick: it's technically the same as Nickelodeon Teen in France.

Francisque

The Latin American and the Romanian Teen Nick is the same feed, but with different ad-breaks.

Similar applies for the Hungarian Teen Nick: it's technically the same as Nickelodeon Teen in France.
I don't think LA and Romania have ads on their feeds, actually .
If nothing has changed, the schedules on these feeds are short and they only fill the breaks with promos

they only need to add a different audio track, in this case

GUMBII

Did "Astrology with Squidward" air on Nickelodeon CEE? And if so, was there a Romanian dub as well?

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
The Playmobil Dino Rise TV series premiered on Nickelodeon Greece on July 12. Now one episode of Novelmore airs, instead of two, on the 7PM timeslot, and the rest is filled with a Dino Rise episode. The Greek dub was also uploaded on the official Greek Playmobil channel two days ago.

Also, it's been quite some time since Nickelodeon Greece started showing infomercials during ad breaks; these advertise toys from a small company based in Cyprus, called Innovaxes. On Google and Facebook, it has the casual bad ratings, based on false advertising and poor manufacturing.

Also, speaking of ad breaks, on a lot, if not most shows airing during daytime on the channel, the foreign end credits are now omitted. Till now, I was only seeing that practice during the Christmas holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts