International Nickelodeon Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevocated

What the what?
Nickelodeon Canada pretty much just shot itself in the leg today. Effective today, the ONLY Nickelodeon content they're airing are SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House and Danger Force, the rest being Canadian junk from Corus. They even removed the shows from their websites main page.

Speaking of Canadian channels, YTV removed iCarly, Sam and Cat and Victorious from their lineup.

Mc123

I wonder if this also affect the French rights as well. Corus made a deal with Quebecor to sublicense the French version of Nick shows. If the latter lose the streaming rights for SVOD service (Club illico), we may not get any services showing the French versions of these shows. Unless, Paramount+ (which is an English-only service in Canada)plan to extend into the French market.
The French Canadian market is also affected. Club illico and Ici Tou.tv, which both had Nick shows, no longer carries any of it. Aside of Crave carrying Star Trek Prodigy and Yoopa (a TV channel) showing a few Nick Jr. shows, no other services in Canada carry any French-dubbed Nick shows.

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
Nickelodeon France merged with Commercial Light at the end of August.
Cannot wait for Commercial Light to air Middlemost Post from season 1 episode 14-20, which France already aired when it was localised back in June, and then it will say new episodes, which is true for Wallonia, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Portugal but not for France because those episodes already aired over there, unless they make a Wallonia promo saying new episodes and a France promo that doesn’t say new episodes, both in French, but I’m sure Viacom won’t care, merging fully localised feeds to basic textless feeds so those countries have the basic textless feed instead of the former fully localised feed they used to have, what’s next to merge, Germany? Maybe, Austria already has become a bit like CEE, UK? God I hope not

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Cannot wait for Commercial Light to air Middlemost Post from season 1 episode 14-20, which France already aired when it was localised back in June, and then it will say new episodes, which is true for Wallonia, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Portugal but not for France because those episodes already aired over there, unless they make a Wallonia promo saying new episodes and a France promo that doesn’t say new episodes, both in French, but I’m sure Viacom won’t care, merging fully localised feeds to basic textless feeds so those countries have the basic textless feed instead of the former fully localised feed they used to have, what’s next to merge, Germany? Maybe, Austria already has become a bit like CEE, UK? God I hope not
Italy should still be unmerged, now that I think.

Francisque

The Italian feeds are still separate indeed, not just Nick, but also Nick Jr and MTV; as opposed to France, which recently merged MTV France too with MTV "Europe".

BTW Nickelodeon though still remains in terms of branding of course, no Nick at all

For the time being, as I think with the launch of Paramount+ in Italy on the 15th of this month, something might change.

Nickelodeon Junior France still seems a separate feed though

Reactions: J10

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
I know there’s a thread for old Nickelodeon international schedules, but I’m posting it here as it will get seen more here and the fact that I also posted it over there
Nicktoons UK schedule from January 6th 2014
3:00am - Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids
3:10am - Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids
3:20am - Gormiti
3:45am - Gormiti
4:10am - Matt Hatter Chronicles
4:35am - Matt Hatter Chronicles
5:00am - SpongeBob SquarePants
5:30am - SpongeBob SquarePants
6:00am - SpongeBob SquarePants
6:15am - Penguins of Madagascar
6:30am - Rocket Monkeys
6:45am - Sanjay and Craig
7:00am - Fairly Odd Parents
7:15am - SpongeBob SquarePants
7:30am - Robot and Monster
7:45am - Rocket Monkeys
8:00am - Sanjay and Craig
8:15am - SpongeBob SquarePants
8:30am - Fairly Odd Parents
8:45am - Monsters vs Aliens
9:00am - SpongeBob SquarePants
9:30am - SpongeBob SquarePants
10:00am - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
10:30am - TUFF Puppy
11:00am - SpongeBob SquarePants
11:30am - SpongeBob SquarePants
12:00pm - Sanjay and Craig
12:30pm - Rocket Monkeys
1:00pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
1:30pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
2:00pm - Monsters vs Aliens
2:30pm - Robot and Monster
3:00pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
3:30pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
4:00pm - Fairly Odd Parents
4:30pm - Rocket Monkeys
5:00pm - Sanjay and Craig
5:30pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
6:00pm - Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness
6:30pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
7:00pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
7:30pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
8:00pm - Beyblade Metal Masters
8:30pm - Power Rangers Megaforce
9:00pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
9:30pm - SpongeBob SquarePants
10:00pm - Avatar: The Last Airbender
10:30pm - Rocko's Modern Life
11:00pm - Ren and Stimpy
11:30pm - Hey Arnold!
12:00am - Closedown for night/Teleshopping

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I wondered about Nickelodeon France, they're premiering Fairly Odder the same day. I don't think Nickelodeon Junior will be merged anytime soon, as a lot of programming airs on TF1 first.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
I don't think Nickelodeon Junior will be merged anytime soon, as a lot of programming airs on TF1 first.
but (except for the next bumpers), it is textless now.

They also removed the text in the Nickelodeon Teen next bumpers.

J10

I wondered about Nickelodeon France, they're premiering Fairly Odder the same day. I don't think Nickelodeon Junior will be merged anytime soon, as a lot of programming airs on TF1 first.
They’d be merged for Canal+ Afrique viewers with the Global feed (Available in some West and Central African countries on Canal+ Afrique, via DStv English Packages), as the platform has the French channel in most Francophone African countries.

Last edited:

Francisque

but (except for the next bumpers), it is textless now.

They also removed the text in the Nickelodeon Teen next bumpers.
Even before August, Nickelodeon Teen (which anyway is just TeenNick CEE in disguise) hasn't had any text for some time.

But there still are tricks that make you understand Nickelodeon "Commercial light" France is a slightly different feed, like the French credit information at the end of the show.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
These tactics make Nickelodeon more homogenous and less "localized", apart from a couple markets like the British and German ones.

Francisque

There's actually a reason for this.
Same for Italy probably: there are too many specificities within the Italian market, Nickelodeon's are more successful here than they're in France and Spain probably, also problems with certain rights, e.g. Peppa Pig, which here's on Disney+

SprytekPL

Globox Moment
But there still are tricks that make you understand Nickelodeon "Commercial light" France is a slightly different feed, like the French credit information at the end of the show.
just like Poland, Austria and Netherlands are slightly different than Nickelodeon Global (I mean Commercial Light and Nick CEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts