International Nickelodeon Thread Part 13

nevocated

Bit of Nick/Toons/Jr/Too channels news for December/January 2023 (applies to the United Kingdom and ROI only):

Barbapapa: One Big Happy Family! will return to Nick Jr. in December.

Mr. Magoo (2018) will return to Nicktoons in January.

New episodes of The Smurfs (2021) will air on Nickelodeon in January.

A brand new show, The Twisted Timeline of Sammy and Raj, will also make its debut on Nickelodeon on January 9, airing weekdays at 07:00.

Blue's Big City Adventure makes its debut on Nickelodeon on January 13 at 18:00. It will also air on Nick Jr. prior to this date in January.

The Tiny Chef Show will make its debut on both Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. in January.

Nick Jr. Too will (thankfully) not turn into a Peppa Pig or PAW Patrol pop-up channel in December or January.

Nicktoons will air A Fairly Odd Christmas this Christmas at 08:00.

Spyders is back on Nickelodeon, making its (second) debut on January 9 at 20:00.

I will update this post when more news is revealed. :)

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Well Known Meme-ber
Staff member
A few days ago, Nick UK have published their end of year accounts for 2021, but in these reports they also mention important events that have happened after the financial period. This confirms that Nick UK is now 100% owned by Paramount, and Sky has sold their stake. NICKELODEON U.K. LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK

Image 001.png

Francisque

Watched some Nickelodeon Italy and Nick Jr Italy continuity, and you can definitely tell these feeds are run cheaply... sometimes the two same promos are played back to back.

I'm not sure whether these will be switched to "Global" feeds, there's a part of me that wishes this, as the feeds programme-wise in particular, are not the most exciting

Last edited:

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
Bit of Nick/Toons/Jr/Too channels news for December/January 2023 (applies to the United Kingdom and ROI only):

Barbapapa: One Big Happy Family! will return to Nick Jr. in December.

Mr. Magoo (2018) will return to Nicktoons in January.

New episodes of The Smurfs (2021) will air on Nickelodeon in January.

A brand new show, The Twisted Timeline of Sammy and Raj, will also make its debut on Nickelodeon on January 9, airing weekdays at 07:00.

Blue's Big City Adventure makes its debut on Nickelodeon on January 13 at 18:00. It will also air on Nick Jr. prior to this date in January.

The Tiny Chef Show will make its debut on both Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. in January.

Nick Jr. Too will (thankfully) not turn into a Peppa Pig or PAW Patrol pop-up channel in December or January.

Nicktoons will air A Fairly Odd Christmas this Christmas at 08:00.

Spyders is back on Nickelodeon, making its (second) debut on January 9 at 20:00.

I will update this post when more news is revealed. :)
Very interesting, A Fairly Odd Christmas hasn’t aired in years, The Twisted Timeline of Sammy and Raj seems interesting, might check it out when it comes out, and some cool other stuff too.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Blue's Big City Adventure premieres December 5 on Nick Jr. UK, following by a preview of The Tiny Chef Show.

Edit: Probably asked this before, but is the Iberian feed part of the CEE feed now (albeit with local ads, etc)? The highlights are basically the same.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I mean, they play out all the channels in HD, no? Or do the adless versions only have HD feeds? If yes, then what's a problem launching the commercial versions in HD? It's just three more channels if they have different schedule. And if the schedule is same then only difference is in breaks in which case it's even easier. I just don't get the hassle.

J10

The Nick Russia feed has gone textless.

The next step in the future, move the DOG to the right, and drop "Nick" logo bumpers and replace it with "Nickelodeon" in the bumpers. Also, the other step is that Nickelodeon CIS would start using Nickelodeon CEE schedule.

Francisque

I suppose the feeds have been "absorbed" by the German/Dutch team, since Russia, the largest market, is gone

I mean, they play out all the channels in HD, no? Or do the adless versions only have HD feeds? If yes, then what's a problem launching the commercial versions in HD? It's just three more channels if they have different schedule. And if the schedule is same then only difference is in breaks in which case it's even easier. I just don't get the hassle.
They just don't seem to care, Nickelodeon Italy is similarly (along with Nick Jr) one of the very few channels not being played in HD in Italy.

Similar in Poland: because of their decisions and lack of feed availability likely, Nicktoons (ex. Nick CEE HD) is in HD, Nickelodeon isn't, as far as I know at least

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love

J10

That's not true, it's only 576p.
He said at the end it got closed and became SD-only.

Nickelodeon HD Poland *might* launch soon, a tv provider mentioned it in their list of free channels for Christmas.

That could be just a mistake though.
Maybe they mean Nickelodeon Global (Nickelodeon HD Europe) is planned to be launched.

Still, it's probably an error from them.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Review Metabee wrote on DaGangOfToonz's profile.
is there any chance you are stoonsarchvie/sheetposter
Was "Xiaolin Chronicles" dubbed in both European Spanish and Latin American Spanish, like "Xiaolin Showdown"?
It's fun to see James Sie talk about Jackie Chan Adventures.

No mention for Sam & Cat nor Wendell & Vinnie since those two also premiered in 2013.
Since it's the animated show that was produced in France, ''Xiaolin Chronicles'' sure deserves a redub into English. Do you want to see this happening?

Featured Posts