Is OG US Boomerang a Lost Cause Now?

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
^^Even if Boomerang US were to become a Cartoonito channel, Cartoonito (the programming block) would continue airing on Cartoon Network. CN gave up those hours willingly and they won't be taking them back. For those who are hoping that the launch of a Cartoonito channel would/will mean the end of the preschool block on CN, it wouldn't/won't. Nick Jr. and Disney Junior have their own channels on upper tiers, but their programming blocks still air on their main channels.
This. Even as a believer of a Cartoonito channel, I definitely believe Cartoonito on CN will continue, especially considering the channel will either replace Boomerang or DF.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
I personally would wait a couple more years until giving Cartoonito its own channel. Remember, the block just started here in America and it's just getting off the ground. Remember it took Nick Jr and Disney Junior years before getting their own dedicated channels (though Noggin pretty much became Nick Jr during the channel's last few years). However, with cable slowly declining it seems like a risky idea to launch it in this day in age but perhaps if Cartoonito is successful enough then who knows…

Also if I'm being honest, I wouldn't really miss Boomerang or Discovery Family if Cartoonito were to replace them considering both channels have been practically on autopilot for quite some time barring some special events.

Last edited:

Dynamite Soldier

At this point, I wouldn't mind if Cartoonito replaced Boomerang in America. That channel (and its streaming service) is basically on autopilot now, with endless LT, T&J, and S-D running all day with a sprinkle of CN classics airing after midnight. Plus, there are no originals in production anymore, thanks to HBO Max.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Even though I still believe that is still too early to launch Cartoonitio as it's own channel for various reasons, I wouldn't mind both Boomerang and Discovery Family getting killed off and being replaced by Cartoonito 24/7.

Just.....put those channels out of its misery already....

LinusFan303

Squeak
It means Comcast shouldn't close Chiller, Esquire/Style Network, G4 and Sleuth/Cloo at first place, hmm.
Those channels were mostly gone after big carriers stop carrying them, funny enough Comcast never carried Chiller or Cloo, even after they bought NBC. Discovery has all their channels in wide carriage, so there's a difference.

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

CartoonLover2604

Even though I still believe that is still too early to launch Cartoonitio as it's own channel for various reasons, I wouldn't mind both Boomerang and Discovery Family getting killed off and being replaced by Cartoonito 24/7.

Just.....put those channels out of its misery already....
Not to mention most of the Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes library is on HBO Max anyway. As for DF, Tubi TV has most of Hasbro's library (MLP: Friendship is Magic is on Netflix).

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Not to mention most of the Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes library is on HBO Max anyway. As for DF, Tubi TV has most of Hasbro's library (MLP: Friendship is Magic is on Netflix).
Makes sense, considering that Hasbro has already stated that the company has no plans to launch its own streaming service after their merger with Entertainment One. Hasbro is just going to loan its properties out to the highest bidder.

Moe

As for DF, Tubi TV has most of Hasbro's library
Most of Hasbro programming on Tubi TV isn't closed captioned, so it is useless to deaf people who rely on closed caption to understand unless they want to watch action only, but as for DF, Hasbro programming is closed captioned that is required under FCC rule.

I tried contact Tubi TV about issue with no closed caption, so it went unsuccessful and I had to email to advocacy organization about this issue, so they were successful with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and iTunes, so finally those services have CC on all contents. They haven't went after Tubi TV because of pandemic that affect the staffs and their organization.

I believe that Hasbro didn't supplemented the CC data to be included, so Tubi TV will upload everything if studio include all data. It is notoriously difficult to contact the studio but it is easier for Tubi to implement the CC requirement or contents would be removed, so effectively forced studio to handover all necessary data.

CartoonLover2604

Hasbro is just going to loan its properties out to the highest bidder.
I wish Nickelodeon would had done this. It's hard for me to afford all of these streaming services and I generally don't like to pirate stuff unless there's absolutely no other way.
Most of Hasbro programming on Tubi TV isn't closed captioned, so it is useless to deaf people who rely on closed caption to understand unless they want to watch action only, but as for DF, Hasbro programming is closed captioned that is required under FCC rule.
Oh darn, I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully Tubi will add closed captioning soon. This is indeed unfair for deaf people.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
I'm sorry to hear that. As someone who autistic myself, I used closed captions to hear what people are saying, especially on YouTube videos.

Moe

I'm sorry to hear that. As someone who autistic myself, I used closed captions to hear what people are saying, especially on YouTube videos.
Some people suspected that I may have Asperger syndrome but it isn't officially diagnosed because they require psychiatrists or psychologists that is specialized in deaf and hard of hearing to make a proper diagnosis because socialization is very different, so there are few places that offer like this, especially in DC metro.

For myself, I'm culturally Deaf and rely on sign language (ASL) all time. There are some hearing people find that some of deaf community may be rude because of different structure of socialization, but we don't mean it and eventually they understand when they get familiar with it. It does affect the online like FB, Twitter, forums like here, etc. If you have any questions about it, please PM me because I don't want go off topic that attract moderator's attention.

As for this thread, of course, Boomerang isn't same like before and when Boomerang launched as separate channel, so it was mostly programming from H-B, Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry as CN become focus on new original shows at that time. Boomerang has been evolved from retro channel to classic CN to modern XD/Nicktoons-style combined with re-run shows to channel with almost full of Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes.

I think it is time for WB to transform Boomerang into retro channel and make available as free OTA, so tv stations can affiliate and air this channel.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Some people suspected that I may have Asperger syndrome but it isn't officially diagnosed because they require psychiatrists or psychologists that is specialized in deaf and hard of hearing to make a proper diagnosis because socialization is very different, so there are few places that offer like this, especially in DC metro.

For myself, I'm culturally Deaf and rely on sign language (ASL) all time. There are some hearing people find that some of deaf community may be rude because of different structure of socialization, but we don't mean it and eventually they understand when they get familiar with it. It does affect the online like FB, Twitter, forums like here, etc. If you have any questions about it, please PM me because I don't want go off topic that attract moderator's attention.

As for this thread, of course, Boomerang isn't same like before and when Boomerang launched as separate channel, so it was mostly programming from H-B, Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry as CN become focus on new original shows at that time. Boomerang has been evolved from retro channel to classic CN to modern XD/Nicktoons-style combined with re-run shows to channel with almost full of Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes.

I think it is time for WB to transform Boomerang into retro channel and make available as free OTA, so tv stations can affiliate and air this channel.
I understand.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts