PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!

Action!

Oh wow! I didn't expect that! It's good to see that it's coming to theaters.

SweetShop209

So this can now be the third movie based on a Warner Brothers Animation series to get a theatrical release, the other two being Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm and Teen Titans Go! To The Movies! That's a big deal.

Toon Guy

I'll say; it's more of an outright miracle (especially for animation fans). Maybe if this movie is successful, we can get more theatrical WBA movies, or more Looney Tunes content for the big screen.

It's just so nice hearing positive animation news nowadays, especially from Warner. Bros.

Last edited:

SuperSuck64

Misanthrope Supreme
This being Warner I do not expect them to treat it well at all.
Assuming it gets a wide release it'll likely get no/poor marketing and/or dumped against whatever 2024's Tom Cruise vehicle/MCU tentpole ends up being. At best it may get a Fathom Events limited release like The Killing Joke did.

But hey, I'll take whatever non-anime theatrical 2D I can get at this point.

Corwin Haught

This being Warner I do not expect them to treat it well at all.
Assuming it gets a wide release it'll likely get no/poor marketing and/or dumped against whatever 2024's Tom Cruise vehicle/MCU tentpole ends up being. At best it may get a Fathom Events limited release like The Killing Joke did.

But hey, I'll take whatever non-anime theatrical 2D I can get at this point.
GFM Animation is selling the film at the American Film Market, so Warner Bros. Pictures will not be distributing it. We don't know yet who will buy the film's distribution or their strategies.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
GFM Animation is selling the film at the American Film Market, so Warner Bros. Pictures will not be distributing it. We don't know yet who will buy the film's distribution or their strategies.
I’m sure Warner will handle the US distribution.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
I *NEED* to see this in theaters. Now all we need is a theatrically released Mickey Mouse movie from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Preferably one where he's funny and is an actual character in it. Years ago, someone floated an idea for a Mickey movie where he gets kidnapped and Minnie leads a search to find him, leading to all sorts of cameos, but that can't really be counted as a Mickey movie since he'd be absent for most of it.

As for The Day the Earth Blew Up, heck yeah I'm going to see this in theaters. An original Looney Tunes movie done in the LTC style that's an actual story and not just a compilation of random shorts stitched together with some weak sauce linking material? WBD, shut up and take my money!

Last edited:

TsWade2

dothesmartthing

Planet Yakko
This is really surprising, and I can't wait! I hope David Zaslav doesn't stand in the way trying to halt the release.

Corwin Haught

This is really surprising, and I can't wait! I hope David Zaslav doesn't stand in the way trying to halt the release.
David Zaslav already either approved or did not object to this (he has been vocal in his support for theatrical releases of films).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts