Is The Loud House losing acclaim and popularity?

aegisrawks

How exactly is the fanbase toxic? Because they have a different opinion of the show then you do? I think the show is still pretty good personally, just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are "propping the show up". I've seen other shows but most just don't do it for me, Glitch Techs is cool, but honestly Harvey Beaks didn't really grab me. Let's just I largely agreed with Mr Enter's review of it:
I cant say what is wrong with the fanbase in polite company and no I dont mean to insult them. Its something really awful that I dont dare say here on Toonzone.

quintex96

All of those were criminally underrated shows I actually liked and miss wholeheartedly (well Clarence & OK K.O. I definitely miss more than UG, unfortunately, but still!), all way more than I can tolerate TLH/Casagrandes, in all their mediocrity, honestly.
Uncle Grandpa was just way too weird for my liking, didn't really do much for me at all. Definitely wouldn't call it better then TLH or it's spin-off, not in a million years.

LinusFan303

Squeak
This is going to be long.

Back in 2013, or whenever the pilot came out, I wanted it to be a series and was glad it became. Seasons 1 and 2 were fun to me and still can enjoy them to this day. While, it's kind of alright to me they expanded the sisters in season 3 and 4 there was something off kilter about the show , again at least to me. I think some of the sister's are harder to have as a focused character than others because of the nature of this shows' cast being larger than the average show.

Going back to 2016 when the show started, this was Nickelodeon so I was expecting alright we'll at least have one season and was surprised it got renewed. Got glad they got a 3 and 4. Thought Season 4 I kind of started not feeling the episodes as much, really I was sold more the Lincoln focused when I first watched so it was hard to not see him as much, but I do like some of the others. Season 5 came out, it's currently still going , I've actually enjoyed it a little more than I did 3 or 4. The moving up grades kind of has refreshed some stuff. They've given Lincoln some more focus again, with his friend group being added in and they are pretty fun to see.

I'm kind of skewed in thinking, it would be alright to end the show with season 6, I think it's had a nice a run and I don't want Nick to do the expected and run it into the ground; that'd be good for no one really. That's probably weird for a fan to say, but I was a big Fairly Odd Parents fan and it's always me saying I liked that show minus seasons 7-10, I don't want to say that about the Loud House. Same with Rugrats. (maybe I'm cursed)

Shorter: It's one my favorite Nicktoons (though not my #1) I think the show is fun to watch, not perfect, but good and I hope it ends before it feels like zombie show. It's show (along with Harvey Beaks) that got me back to checking out Nicktoons again.

Now the answer to the question. On ratings, Nickelodeon's ratings are down in general, that's a fact. All their shows last year had around the same zone of ratings , Ollie's Pack, It's Pony, TLH, Casagrandes, Spongebob were all near the same. That's not a big factor since nothing Nick has 1 million viewers this year minus FOOTBALL!

On Popularity, I can figure some people got tired, of the show I mean it's been 5 years , some have probably just gotten tired and stopped watching, I don't blame them. Maybe that's why Disney Channel shows only do 4 or less seasons. I can see it getting less popular as other things come out like "Big City Greens" (for a slice of life comedy comparison) The target audience have also aged just by time as well.

I've seen the fan base mentioned, and since I have interacted with them (though my experience has been positive) I'd say that much of the fan base love the show and just want to enjoy episodes and talk about it and are civil like with ships and etc. There are some people that are toxic (though that happens with any show) they either get carried away about an episode if it doesn't go a way they wanted to , get mad about characters (Lynn for example, another one is Chandler recently) or they get to passionate about a sister or Lincoln and think if someone doesn't like a character they are bad. Sometimes weird petty squabbles. This is stuff I've observed more than really interacted with.

There is also a side of the fan base that was mentioned here kind of already, I won't say fully toxic , because I'm not against art expression or whatever, but I'll describe as very adult and some just very weird. I can see how this can turn off people along with rude people I mentioned above.

I hope this is somewhat clear because I'm thinking as I'm writing. I really don't think it should be blamed for getting more exposure over another show, that's squarely on the network, and I like shows like this one, but also like It's Pony, Ollie's Pack, etc.. and I've kind of accepted that maybe one show gets lucky once in awhile but really just to enjoy the ride of a nicktoon and be happy it existed than get mad when Nick ends it for whatever weird reason they end a show. I'm more annoyed if they want to milk something dry.

The spin off is alright, it has some weak points and part of it is "Can I copy your homework, sure just change some things around, okay" but there are some fun episodes and moments. It's had some better musical moments than the Loud House, IMO.

Alright most of this is me babbling, another short answer: I think the popularity is still there , but might be dropping due to age of the show, the ratings aren't really that bad since it's in Nick's average which is going down. (Honestly, I think kids are watching randos on Youtube than even streaming cartoons) There's still some strong fans of the show , many of them are good people, but there are bad actors like with any show , but they tend to vocal because that's how that works. I love the show, but wouldn't mind if it ended after Season 6.

JTZ

I'm still a big fan of the show, it'll probably end up being my favorite cartoon of all times. I'm not sure whether it really dropped in popularity since the only real hard data for that stems from ratings, which are hard to interpret nowadays, and impressions from social media are unreliable. I do think it's doing very well though, both in regard to popularity and quality of the episodes.

Eurbane

lets see this Friday when we all watch the loud house movie and the live action Christmas movie and see if they are popular enough and maybe even season 7 which I think will be the last season.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Whoa i've NEVER met someone who didn't like the Simpsons, oookkkkkkkaaaayyyy then.
Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee. :D Seriously, though, just because something's popular doesn't mean we're all required by law to love it. I was the one person on the internet who didn't love Hey, Arnold! either, so I guess I'm just a strange bird.

FTR, I don't outright hate The Simpsons, I just never thought it was deserving of all the hype it got, plus it's just been on for too long, I eventually got bored with it and stopped paying attention. Same deal with Peanuts; don't dislike it, it's just not my jam.
Personally i'm glad the show is branching out to others, I especially loved the Sam/Luna stuff, they are soooooo cute together!
Is that still a thing? I haven't been watching, so I don't know. Eh, I know some people are digging that (and good for them), but I legit don't care about that kind of stuff, as I don't ship characters. I'm aro/ace, so I'm the exact opposite of a shipper. Least of all teenage romances, they bore me out of my brains. That's another reason why I gave up on TLH; there's far too much emphasis on romance.

Eurbane said:
lets see this Friday when we all watch the loud house movie and the live action Christmas movie and see if they are popular enough and maybe even season 7 which I think will be the last season.

Ahem, I'm part of "we all" and I have no plans to watch either of those.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
It's like I said before..... It don't matter if I like these shows or not (I personally wished I liked these 2 shows
more, but I unfortunately don't), I can't change how popular these still are, despite a rising number of haters against them. I definitely can't change anything about the rather toxic fanbase, either (as in all thier less than stellar/much less than acceptable taste in art/literature (fanfictions.)), and engaging them is a mistake. Don't be that guy, lovely as you might think it is to play hero on this kind of thing, too.
All I can really do..... Is continue to find, watch, and recommend better shows than these two ever were, honestly. That's it.

Also, whatever Enter (sad that I know who that is, even now.....), or someone else like him, said what about whom means jack all to me, as they're all just another clickbait thing I'm tired of seeing used as a thing in place of actual valid criticism from other people too afraid to do it themselves, as it is.

Unless he and anyone else like him really sat down and warched all these shows they be dissing on thouroughly, I humbly disagree with everything they're saying or will ever say, TBH.

Gotta stick to my own opinions on things, after all, no matter how unpopular they are. Me not liking TLH/Casagrandes as much as other better Nicktoons made before/during/after these two came to town (Harvey Beaks, Glitch Techs, Welcome to The Wayne, It's Pony, plenty of stuff before all this back in the 90s/00s I won't name, to save time.)? That's just one of many of them, at the end of the day.

Last edited:

ToonsJazzLover

I feel like people on Twitter are overreacting. Sure, it may be as good as it used to be, but would you rather have Clyde feeling horny for Lori back? And I feel like the characters have developed more since Rubiner took over the show, even though the show is rather formulaic. In hindsight, I find myself enjoying Casagrandes and It's Pony a little more nowadays. I'm pretty sure the people who prefers seasons 1-2 are unaware of the original showrunner's actions.

Zanneck

I feel like people on Twitter are overreacting. Sure, it may be as good as it used to be, but would you rather have Clyde feeling horny for Lori back? And I feel like the characters have developed more since Rubiner took over the show, even though the show is rather formulaic. In hindsight, I find myself enjoying Casagrandes and It's Pony a little more nowadays. I'm pretty sure the people who prefers seasons 1-2 are unaware of the original showrunner's actions.
I still hate Clyde but I'm glad he's going after other girls, now. His character still sucks IMHO, it just sucks less, now. Also, Seeing most of the girls I like plus the parents (Lynn Sr., Rita) get ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT WORTH SOMETHING is one of few things keeping me watching this show at all! Without that, I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Same case with the spinoff (Casagrandes). Although, said character development for those getting it could stand to stay there and not easily vanish, episode after episode, which unfortunately tends to happen a lot in this show, unfortunately. THAT ALONE is why this show is so forumlaic AND predictable in what it does, honestly.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
I still hate Clyde but I'm glad he's going after other girls, now. His character still sucks IMHO, it just sucks less, now. Also, Seeing most of the girls I like plus the parents (Lynn Sr., Rita) get ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT WORTH SOMETHING is one of few things keeping me watching this show at all! Without that, I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Same case with the spinoff (Casagrandes). Although, said character development for those getting it could stand to stay there and not easily vanish, episode after episode, which unfortunately tends to happen a lot in this show, unfortunately. THAT ALONE is why this show is so forumlaic AND predictable in what it does, honestly.
THANK YOU, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated Clyde. I'm sorry but Clyde's the most boring, stereotypical best friend character out there. His crush on Lori always annoyed me and felt creepy and unnerving. Lincoln's other friends weren't that interesting either (Rusty's the wannabe ladies man, Zach's the paranoid science fiction geek and Liam's the country boy) but they still were better characters than Clyde who just annoyed me. I like his dads though, wish they could have more episodes about them.

Zanneck

THANK YOU, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated Clyde. I'm sorry but Clyde's the most boring, stereotypical best friend character out there. His crush on Lori always annoyed me and felt creepy and unnerving. Lincoln's other friends weren't that interesting either (Rusty's the wannabe ladies man, Zach's the paranoid science fiction geek and Liam's the country boy) but they still were better characters than Clyde who just annoyed me. I like his dads though, wish they could have more episodes about them.
Pretty much this, 250%. Although I don't like Lincoln in genral, either, so..... It's hard to like things sometimes, no matter how much you want to, isn't it? Life in general be rough/cruel like that, as much we wish it weren't, too.
I know that feeling well enough, by now.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Pretty much this, 250%. Although I don't like Lincoln in genral, either, so..... It's hard to like things sometimes, no matter how much you want to, isn't it? Life in general be rough/cruel like that, as much we wish it weren't, too.
I know that feeling well enough, by now.
Agreed very much, Lincoln I thought had no personality other than “boy who likes typical boy things”. He has no real quirks or interesting traits that make him unique. But his reactions and how he deals with each sister makes up for some of it for me.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
I didn't mind that Clyde thing , though it's only better they gave up on it instead of dragging out that one joke though. In the recent seasons he has mellowed out, but I think they did a better job with Sid on the Casagrandes her character is interesting. I do like Lincoln's friends, Zach's episode was on of the most fun of this season.
Twitter is the place where overreacting lives. The show has a formula because it's easier to write that way, I've seen of the writers even mention what formula was, I like to see what they do with the formula.

Dynamite Soldier

Never really cared about Clyde honestly, even when I religiously watched the show. In fact, I consider him to be the worst character in the show besides Chandler (yes, even moreso than Lynn and Flip, at least they have some redeeming qualities). In general, I'm not a fan of the "precocious crush" trope. I find it to be overused and clichéd, especially in western animation.

quintex96

Let's just say the fandom is mostly made up of manchildren who REALLY admire the characters. I cannot say anything more vulgar on this site, unfortunately.
If you're talking about the people that write erotic fanfics about the show, I personally don't see anything wrong with that, and it's not just guys doing it. There's plenty of female writers writing that kind of fiction for the show as well and I for one am fine with it. Personally I don't get why people get so up in arms about that sort of thing, those kinds of people that get a stick up their ass about people writing that kind of fanfiction remind me of Helen Lovejoy "oh won't someone PLEASE think of the children!" ugh, screw those moral guardians.

It's like I said before..... It don't matter if I like these shows or not (I personally wished I liked these 2 shows
more, but I unfortunately don't), I can't change how popular these still are, despite a rising number of haters against them. I definitely can't change anything about the rather toxic fanbase, either (as in all thier less than stellar/much less than acceptable taste in art/literature (fanfictions.)), and engaging them is a mistake. Don't be that guy, lovely as you might think it is to play hero on this kind of thing, too.
All I can really do..... Is continue to find, watch, and recommend better shows than these two ever were, honestly. That's it.

Also, whatever Enter (sad that I know who that is, even now.....), or someone else like him, said what about whom means jack all to me, as they're all just another clickbait thing I'm tired of seeing used as a thing in place of actual valid criticism from other people too afraid to do it themselves, as it is.

Unless he and anyone else like him really sat down and warched all these shows they be dissing on thouroughly, I humbly disagree with everything they're saying or will ever say, TBH.

Gotta stick to my own opinions on things, after all, no matter how unpopular they are. Me not liking TLH/Casagrandes as much as other better Nicktoons made before/during/after these two came to town (Harvey Beaks, Glitch Techs, Welcome to The Wayne, It's Pony, plenty of stuff before all this back in the 90s/00s I won't name, to save time.)? That's just one of many of them, at the end of the day.
I don't think there's anything wrong at all with writing or being into erotic fanfiction, I fail to see how that's toxic in the least and I think it's wrong to judge people for that sort of thing. That reminds me of how Tipper Gore and the PMRC waged war on any kind of music that went against their delicate sensibilities and tried to censor it.

Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee. :D Seriously, though, just because something's popular doesn't mean we're all required by law to love it. I was the one person on the internet who didn't love Hey, Arnold! either, so I guess I'm just a strange bird.

FTR, I don't outright hate The Simpsons, I just never thought it was deserving of all the hype it got, plus it's just been on for too long, I eventually got bored with it and stopped paying attention. Same deal with Peanuts; don't dislike it, it's just not my jam.

Is that still a thing? I haven't been watching, so I don't know. Eh, I know some people are digging that (and good for them), but I legit don't care about that kind of stuff, as I don't ship characters. I'm aro/ace, so I'm the exact opposite of a shipper. Least of all teenage romances, they bore me out of my brains. That's another reason why I gave up on TLH; there's far too much emphasis on romance.

Ahem, I'm part of "we all" and I have no plans to watch either of those.
Well it's a big deal to a lot of LGBTQ fans as they so rarely get to see themselves represented onscreen, so I found it very refreshing to see that sort of thing treated completely normally on a kids show. I never felt like the show went crazy on romance, it's only a small part of the show.

You're also the first person i've met who didn't like Hey Arnold, but hey i'm one of the few people on the planet that never got what the big deal about Arrested Development was and who couldn't care less about Game of Thrones or Adventure Time so I know the feeling.

Yeah Simpsons has been for a while, but that's the fault of FOX for not being willing to end the show. I've seen every single episode and will continue watching all the way to the bitter end as I never thought the show got outright bad, sure there's the occasional bad episode like "Boys of Bummer"(the one where Bart gets tormented for pretty much the entire episode for not hitting a home run, which was just miserable to sit through) but I never felt like the show drifted into outright awful territory like Allen Gregory.

Isn't that element out there for most such cartoons though?
It definitely is, it's FAR from unique to TLH, damn near EVERY piece of fictional media under the sun has erotic fanfiction written about it, trust me I know, i've been immersed in that culture for like 15 years now. Personally i've written some erotic fanfiction in my time and I see nothing at all wrong with doing that for shows, that does not automatically make someone "toxic".

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts