Is There A Rumor That Boomerang Will Start Adding Older Toons Again?

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Most likely it's just that: a rumor. A Google search on this turned up nothing. The most recent news that I've read regarding Boomerang is that some of the older cartoons will be removed from HBO Max and that Boomerang Online will be raising its rates. Warner Media has no announced plans for the Boomerang TV channel going forward. It seems unlikely that WB would suddenly start caring about the Boomerang channel at this point.

wiley207

Most likely it's just that: a rumor. A Google search on this turned up nothing. The most recent news that I've read regarding Boomerang is that some of the older cartoons will be removed from HBO Max and that Boomerang Online will be raising its rates. Warner Media has no announced plans for the Boomerang TV channel going forward. It seems unlikely that WB would suddenly start caring about the Boomerang channel at this point.
it also surprises me they're doing that with the Boomerang streaming app/site, too. I thought WB pretty much stopped caring about the Boomerang app, especially after HBO Max started up. Heck, last October, Warner celebrated "Scoobtober" on HBO Max instead of Boomerang!

Moe

I was surfing around a few days ago, the schedule looked the same and the younger seven year old announcer is still there.
I see, thank you for let me know since I have no access to Boomerang channel after cancelled Hulu Live TV.

The change is going to take while and we may find news at Unified Upfront next month.

ATSFGuy

I see, thank you for let me know since I have no access to Boomerang channel after cancelled Hulu Live TV.

The change is going to take while and we may find news at Unified Upfront next month.
Thanks for your input.

I have Cox as my TV provider.

I'll keep watching and see what happens over the next couple weeks. Stay tuned.

Moe

Thanks for your input.

I have Cox as my TV provider.

I'll keep watching and see what happens over the next couple weeks. Stay tuned.
I have YouTube TV that won't carry Boomerang.

Moe

I guess Youtube TV doesn't give you all the channels.

It all depends on your subscription plan.
YouTube TV doesn’t carry secondary channels that is owned by WBD, especially Boomerang, Discovery Family, Discovery Life and Destination America.

There is no way for me to go back to Hulu Live TV because of awful bugs, limited cloud DVR hours, blinking between start and end of shows, crash often and separated CN and AS.

As for cable, nah, I’m not going back because of $300 per month, awful setup box, doesn’t carry all of EPiX channels and don’t carry ScreenPix. Charter stopped add new channels after merged with Time Warner and they won’t fix any infrastructures, unlikely Comcast did. TiVo setup box has stability issue, not great like back in 2000s and require to use SDV tuning adapter, but sometime, it stopped working and technician offered to replace with cable box, so I said hell no.

I’m going to stay with YouTube TV because of very stable and unlimited DVR hours, also absolutely zero crash and they allow to customize the guide, but they don’t carry many of secondary channels unless it is required by channel providers, so it would be WBD to require YouTube TV to carry Boomerang.

parkersfan89

Boomerang should at least play Ed, Edd, & Eddy, Johnny Bravo, PPG (original show), etc. since rn they play Foster's, KND, Camp Lazlo, & Chowder!

Moe

Boomerang should at least play Ed, Edd, & Eddy, Johnny Bravo, PPG (original show), etc. since rn they play Foster's, KND, Camp Lazlo, & Chowder!
If Boomerang stay with current rebrand, so yes, existing shows should be rotated to air those shows above.

When Boomerang launched in 2000, they didn't air those shows, but they aired old H-B shows from 1950s to 1995, and cartoon shorts from 1920s to 1990s, also acquired classic shows like Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Honest with you, I do think that CN is suited to air shows that you listed, but there is problem - no room to fill because of Cartoonito and Adult Swim. If Adult Swim is gone, so older CN shows air at night and if Cartoonito is gone, Tom and Jerry, Scooby Tunes and Looney Tunes can air in the morning.

KalloFox34

it also surprises me they're doing that with the Boomerang streaming app/site, too. I thought WB pretty much stopped caring about the Boomerang app, especially after HBO Max started up. Heck, last October, Warner celebrated "Scoobtober" on HBO Max instead of Boomerang!
Which leads me to wonder if/when WB will just merge Boomerang into HBO Max.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Which leads me to wonder if/when WB will just merge Boomerang into HBO Max.
Warner Brothers Discovery is already planning to merge HBO Max and Discovery+ into a single service later this year. My guess is that Boomerang will just be quietly integrated into whatever the merged service ends up being called.

Moe

Warner Brothers Discovery is already planning to merge HBO Max and Discovery+ into a single service later this year. My guess is that Boomerang will just be quietly integrated into whatever the merged service ends up being called.
Yeah, that what I think too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts