JoJo's Bizarre News and Discussion Thread

Volthoom

They probably will do Steel Ball Run at some point in the future

on the other hand, Stone Ocean is the end of the original universe, and Steel Ball Run happening in a completely different universe. So ending at Stone Ocean isn't too weird as it is the end of the original JoJo saga.

Volthoom

I've seen some rumblings that might be fan art. Not helped by the fact the image comes from an unofficial twitter account.

Frontier

Staff member
I thought Netflix was going to be securing JoJo considering they got the Rohan anime and seem to be really stocking up on Shonen properties...

So...female JoJo who is Jotaro's daughter framed for a crime she didn't commit and sent to prison where she gets pricked by a pin with a piece of the arrow in it (?) and gets a Stand with sunglasses. Yeah, okay o_O.

Daisuke Namikawa went from voicing Giorno to voicing a guy that looks like Diavolo :p.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Okay, we'll get Deadman Wonderland JoJo style (except the manga actually was well before Deadman Wonderland, so maybe Deadman Wonderland was inspired by this).

I thought Netflix was going to be securing JoJo considering they got the Rohan anime and seem to be really stocking up on Shonen properties...

I'm a little surprised they just now are heavily investing in battle shonen when that's clearly the dominant genre of the American anime fandom. A lot of their CGI stuff seemed to repel rather than attract audiences (with a few exceptions like Beastars). It seems like Edens Zero and Shaman King might have been unlucky choices as they have been pretty coldly received on My Anime List. Maybe the casual audiences will like them better once they get released from Netflix jail, but battle shonen getting a sub 7 rating is a pretty rare. JoJo is at least a well beloved property, so I expect fan reception to be far better than those two. I do know that Netflix got freaking David Tennent and Neil Patrick Harris for an anime dub, but I think they'll only do that for so called "artistically respectable" anime and not for battle shonen as cool as it would be to have celebrity voices in battle shonen.

WickedChild

Kissing the shadows
Looking up what people's thoughts on Jolyne's dub actor will be, more than anything I'm seeing people say Billie Eilish (what...) and Kira Buckland, I guess because one looks vaguely like the character and the other once cosplayed as her.

How bout a real discussion on the subject (I'm gonna say physical resemblance should not be a factor). Buckland is decent, though I'd far prefer someone like Trina Nishimura (combination of tough but traumatized/vulnerable i.e. Mikasa). I'd love Tara Platt (Temari) as well, she's way too talented not to have any leading roles. And there's not many that have that kind of understated confidence and authority. I'd say Laura Bailey seems like a natural fit as well but I don't think she does anime except for reprising classic roles. Any suggestions?

Frontier

Staff member
Looking up what people's thoughts on Jolyne's dub actor will be, more than anything I'm seeing people say Billie Eilish (what...) and Kira Buckland, I guess because one looks vaguely like the character and the other once cosplayed as her.

How bout a real discussion on the subject (I'm gonna say physical resemblance should not be a factor). Buckland is decent, though I'd far prefer someone like Trina Nishimura (combination of tough but traumatized/vulnerable i.e. Mikasa). I'd love Tara Platt (Temari) as well, she's way too talented not to have any leading roles. And there's not many that have that kind of understated confidence and authority. I'd say Laura Bailey seems like a natural fit as well but I don't think she does anime except for reprising classic roles. Any suggestions?
Kira Buckland's had her eye on playing Jolyne long before she became a legit anime VA. She actually played her in a fandub of an animated motion comic and dub of one of the 3D JoJo games.

Not to say it is absolutely guaranteed to be her, but I think she'll definitely make sure to try out.

3ngag3

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9: JOJO LANDS has been confirmed. There will be a bit of a break between the end of Jojolion and the beginning of this new story.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Dub cast and trailer. Kira Buckland just got her big wish. Interesting cast list as we have Nickelodeon voice actors in a hard TV-MA show like JoJo. I think her voice acting sounds really good here. Also excited because she's coming to my hometown this New Year's weekend for a con. IN other news, Golden Wind is finally on Netflix and off Adult Swim's site, meaning the transfer is complete.

Frontier

Staff member
Dub cast and trailer. Kira Buckland just got her big wish. Interesting cast list as we have Nickelodeon voice actors in a hard TV-MA show like JoJo. I think her voice acting sounds really good here. Also excited because she's coming to my hometown this New Year's weekend for a con. IN other news, Golden Wind is finally on Netflix and off Adult Swim's site, meaning the transfer is complete.

If you're talking about Jessica DiCicco, she was also in Demon Slayer.

(I hope no one pesters Kira about this on twitter).

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
If you're talking about Jessica DiCicco, she was also in Demon Slayer.

(I hope no one pesters Kira about this on twitter).

Oh yeah, Jessica DiCicco was Tanjiro's little brother. Just now found that out. I'm guessing her character in this is a meatier role?

I'd think there'd be lots of congratulating on Twitter, but I don't see why there'd be any hate. Kira's plenty talented.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts