"Kid Cosmic" Series Talkback Thread

Perla Magica

Digital Love
If you're a fan of Craig McCracken's shows, this one will be just for you.

This is the first show in Craig's history that has a ongoing story, and to be honest, that's a good thing. The way the show goes on, the more stuff happens. The duration of the episodes is different from 14 to 23 minutes but as the story progress, we learn more about the characters and their motivations, and also backstories.

I kinda wish to have a big knowledge of those old-school comics as Kid does, for me as the fan of comics I caught an eye on some parody references of Spider-Man, Superman, etc., such a fun.

As for characters, Papa G will be everyone's fan favorite (mine too, of course), Jo is my second favorite, mostly because her character is growing on me and we can agree that she should be leader of the team.

As I said before, the animation was really fun to watch, and the soundtrack is so dynamic. If there's one thing I would grumble about is that the intro appears in end of every episode, except for episode 10. Speaking of the last episode... Wow. I didn't expect to have a space adventure in the near end of season one. Hopefully we can get an potential second season.

Overall, 8/10

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I watch the first episode of Kid Cosmic on Netflix and it really did left a good impression on me. :)

I'll be watching more episodes when I had the time, but for what I saw, it's really good. (and I'll tried to stay away from spoilers as much as possible)

Mr.O

Just watched the first 2 episodes! This show has no reason being this good! I knew Craig mad this show, but I'm just learning that Rob Renzetti co-produced it. Along with helping in the writing and directing. I think it really shows.

Can anyone tell me if there is a different song for every end credit scene?

DeanBurrito25

I finished watching the whole series yesterday, and it was an absolute delight from start to finish. Another winner from Craig McCracken. It's liberating to see what he can do in a show free from the constraints of cable TV standards and practices – especially with its serialized storytelling.

Did I mention it's pure eye candy? Between Fosters, PPG Rule, Wander Over Yonder, and now Kid Cosmic, McCracken and his crew have provided that symbol/tween animation is just as comparable to traditional animation, if not near identical. I love how this show utilizes an aesthetic in the background and character design we haven't seen in a CMC cartoon up to now. It's all so satisfying to watch.

Suffice to say, I'm excited to see what else is in this show's cards beyond the first season.

So apparently you can say "damn" in a TV-Y7 show. Twice. Good to know.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Alright, guys. I'd finally watched the rest of the episodes of Kid Cosmic this afternoon.

I gotta say, Craig is back! Kid Cosmic is defiantly a lot of fun.

It's really funny, the characters are diverse and likable, the animation is very solid, it had some adorable and emotional moments, and I really do like it's storytelling. It really does know how to pull you in. Every time I finished an episode, there's always a cliffhanger ending that really grabs my attention, so I had to see what happens next. For a Craig McCracken cartoon, it's a breath of fresh air.

Although, there's some moments that I wasn't too crazy about like Kid can get on my nerves sometimes and there's some moments in the episodes can drag a bit too long, but that's my personal nitpicks.

Overall, Kid Cosmic is a lot of fun. Even though it's a shame that Disney screwed over Wander over Yonder, but I'm glad that Netflix was able to give Craig the creative freedom he really needed for a long time.

8 out of 10 stars: It's Fun!

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
So... And to be basic enough about all of this (so far, of course.):

McCracken has proven himself to do well with episodic fare (PPG), and he came close to doing so with a balance of both that and serialization (WOY).
Here, he's proven his worth as a serialized showrunner, which is definitely a welcome site. And he didn't do it alone, if everyone else who worked on this alongside him to make this as High Tier a first season outting as can be, is any indication.

The ending alone is a nice (even if kinda predictable, but it still works, thanks to how the writers showed they cared about what they were doing and saying for themselves here) little twist and does a good job of making me hunger for more.
Don't get me started on how good the actual character development is for everyone invovled, once it really gets going.

Plus, seeing actual guns again amongst the well done violence in this show & complimenting the overall great story telling (with some good comedy to balance things out.) in ways that legit work is bonus points!

You better believe I'm looking forward to more of this, whenever it comes back.
Get prepared to save this universe, otherwise, for now.

Also, I agree Jo should be the leader, by all means. Kid may have come up with the idea and may be the legit spirit of it, but Jo is clearly leader material. I don't dispute THAT at all. She and her mom (Mo) also had the best character moments for me, which is further bonus points in both their favor for who's the best character(s) so far, that is.
Although Kid and his development throughout for the best is not a stand-out to underestimate, either.

THE END

Last edited:

kid rabbit

Absolutely not. That's like asking if you want to see a Netflix cartoon created by John K. Nobody wants to see this, especially in the day in age...
okay I still don't get the butch hartman hate and can someone tell me what he did exactauly
as far as I know unlike john k he never groomed a little girl

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
okay I still don't get the butch hartman hate and can someone tell me what he did exactauly
as far as I know unlike john k he never groomed a little girl
I rate you agree, because he (Butch Hartman) isn't a scumbag like John K. - so I can't dislike the person, thankfully enough. Too bad I personally don't like his (Hartman's) brand of work because (IMHO and only that, I speak for NO ONE ELSE and I exclaim that simply because!) HE. IS. A. HACK.

Otherwise, I'm confident in God he is otherwise a great person on his own IRL who just ultimately made stuff I overall dislike and would rather ignore, because I would only rather just dislike his (Hartman's) works, not the person AND his works together (John K.).

Both definitely have a lot to learn from McCracken and his chain of friends/allies, honestly. John K. ain't ever getting that chance, however - I'm OK with that, knowing what a terrible person HE is, honestly.

But enough dissing on these 2 hacks/bozos, let's get back to talking about how great THIS show actually is, please and thank you.

Furthermore, to quote @JoeMabbon: Craig McCracken, please never stop making cartoon shows you’re really good at it.

Yeah... McCracken and his friends/allies ain't gonna go on like this forever - I'd just enjoy what we have now and be happy they found the right place to shine (Streaming), over what's been stifling them (Networks, which I'm continuously OK with saying RIP to, everyday, knowing that Streaming is better, anyway.).

Last edited:

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I rate you agree, because he (Butch Hartman) isn't a scumbag like John K. - so I can't dislike the person, thankfully enough. Too bad I personally don't like his (Hartman's) brand of work because (IMHO and only that, I speak for NO ONE ELSE and I exclaim that simply because!) HE. IS. A. HACK.

Otherwise, I'm confident in God he is otherwise a great person on his own IRL who just ultimately made stuff I overall dislike and would rather ignore, because I would only rather just dislike his (Hartman's) works, not the person AND his works together (John K.).

Both definitely have a lot to learn from McCracken and his chain of friends/allies, honestly. John K. ain't ever getting that chance, however - I'm OK with that, knowing what a terrible person HE is, honestly.

But enough dissing on these 2 hacks/bozos, let's get back to talking about how great THIS show actually is, please and thank you.

Furthermore, to quote @JoeMabbon: Craig McCracken, please never stop making cartoon shows you’re really good at it.

Yeah... McCracken and his friends/allies ain't gonna go on like this forever - I'd just enjoy what we have now and be happy they found the right place to shine (Streaming), over what's been stifling them (Networks, which I'm continuously OK with saying RIP to, everyday, knowing that Streaming is better, anyway.).
Yeah, what he said. Let's get back on track.

Dragnatek

for some reason I want a butch hartman cartoon on netflix next
The problem was even in his best shows he was the worst part. The good seasons of Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom were thanks more due to people like Steve Marmel and Bob Boyle then Butch himself. As it was them leaving that lead to a huge drop in quality.

Frontier

Staff member
This is a Craig McCracken Superhero show all right, but probably his most serialized and "realistic" cartoon yet. I mean, it's still a colorful and action-packed cartoon at the end of the day, but the series' characters and the consequences and results from their action feel very much "real" and relatable, particularly as we see it develop across each episode :cool:.

Yeah, you can definitely tell this show isn't airing on cable when we have a cat cursing and multiple aliens dying over the course of the series. Several of them killed because of a giant baby girl :sweat:.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Kid Cosmic at first, but overall I felt he was a pretty realistic and sincere take on the kid hero archetype. He has the motivation and the drive to be a hero and to do good, and acknowledge his mistakes, but he's still a kid with the impulsiveness and attitude that gets in his way and has to realize it's not easy being a hero from day one (or day two, or day three). In the end though he proved himself worthy of the title of hero as Kid Cosmic :proud:.

Jo was probably the most down-to-Earth character of the whole show and probably had the best reactions to everything going on. This might be Amanda C. Miller's biggest Western Animation role and I thought she did an amazing job capturing Jo's sass, exasperation, and empathy. It was also neat to see a show where the main character doesn't end up the leader, as Jo develops fairly well into that role ;).

Rosa was a pretty believable toddler turned Superhero, from the dialogue to how she acted around the rest of the cast and in combat. Never count out a baby from being your MVP :p.

Papa G turned out to be a very different character from what I was expecting, being much more wholesome, heartfelt, and clever than the kooky old guy I was expecting him to be. I was also expecting he'd be pretty lax with Kid, but in the end he turned out to be a really genuine grandfather doing his best to raise his grandchild and make him happy. Plus they really used his multiplying powers in some fun and creative ways :anime:.

I know Papa G kind of foreshadowed Chucks' character turn, but it was still pretty amazing that he went from constantly belittling Kid Cosmic to being his biggest supporter. I think one of my favorite understated moments in the show is when Kid goes out of his way to save Chuck against his own people when Chuck has given Kid virtually no reason to even want to bother. And this was Kid at the height of his hubris, arguably. Really showed how deep down Kid really was a true hero :D.

I'm kind of surprised we never found out Kid's real name. We found out Papa G is "George," but not Kid's. I'm tempted to think we won't find out until we get the full flashback to the accident that killed his parents and gave him that scar :ack:.

The stuff with Erodius was obviously setting up a continuation, but the show definitely now fits the "cosmic" part of Kid's title...and considering there are 13 Stones of power in total, I'm guessing we're going to see the supporting cast that followed the Local Heroes get the rest of the stones :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts