"Looney Tunes Cartoons" News & Discussion Thread

wiley207

And be
Hey, Disneyland is going to start they're halloween is going to start their Halloween celebration on September 2nd. So, that's normal.
sides, it's right near the end of September anyways! That's when I begin watching Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" specials anyways and reading my "Goosebumps" Halloween-themed books.

wiley207

I think a big part of the problem of the show for me is that they drop a ton of episodes at once. It's an unfathomably tough show to binge. If they just released one a week, I'm sure I'd like it more.
Indeed. I tend to find myself watching one or two, sometimes three, new episodes a day. With the "Animaniacs" revival, along with some other streaming shows that drops a whole season at once (like "Beastars" on Netflix), I watch one full episode a day.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A description for the Halloween special was included in the September highlights press release. Sounds like at least the Bugs Bunny portion is a repeat of an earlier short.
For older kids, the streamer is serving up the brand-new Looney Tunes Cartoons Halloween special, “Bugs Bunny’s Howl-O-Skreem Spooktacula” on Thursday, Sept. 29. In this seasonal anthology, the Looney Tunes celebrate Halloween! Daffy and Porky take a dear friend to a final resting place, Witch Hazel chases down an ingredient for her spell, Sylvester finds a suspicious motel and Bugs meets a mummy.

SweetShop209

I would assume that's the case, just like Space Jam 2. This is most likely temp dialogue, and he'll still be voiced by Bob Bergen as per usual.

awinger24

Bad news. This movie is going to get scrapped and put as a tax-write off by Zaslav if this movie does not picked up. HBO Max had to cancel it.

Amazon, Hulu, Apple TV+, or Netflix. If this movie doesn’t get picked up. It will be the end of the Looney Tunes franchise for good. Other projects could get cancelled too because of Animation hating executives.

Moe

Bad news. This movie is going to get scrapped and put as a tax-write off by Zaslav if this movie does not picked up. HBO Max had to cancel it.
Where is proof? In case with scrapped, it can be aired on CN's ACME.

When it is tax write-off, you can't sell to other services.

Amazon, Hulu, Apple TV+, or Netflix. If this movie doesn’t get picked up. It will be the end of the Looney Tunes franchise for good. Other projects could get cancelled too because of Animation hating executives.
False, Looney Tunes is still ongoing on HBO Max. If no one pick a movie up so it can be sold on digital stores like iTunes, Amazon, Vudu like they did with animated DC movies.

awinger24

Where is proof? In case with scrapped, it can be aired on CN's ACME.

When it is tax write-off, you can't sell to other services.

False, Looney Tunes is still ongoing on HBO Max. If no one pick a movie up so it can be sold on digital stores like iTunes, Amazon, Vudu like they did with animated DC movies.
Sorry about that. Jim Soper has said they are still looking for a streaming service. And I believe the Cartoon Network ACME Night is not out of the picture. All we know is that this project can't get made if they can't find a distributor.

Moe

All we know is that this project can't get made if they can't find a distributor.
WB is distributor for this movie.

This movie is currently in production and WB will distribute when movie is ready to be released to streaming service that paid to stream.

awinger24

WB is distributor for this movie.

This movie is currently in production and WB will distribute when movie is ready to be released to streaming service that paid to stream.
They said HBO Max is not moving forward with it. It’s being shopped around to other services. If they can’t find one, they can’t make this movie. And it’s likely going to get scrapped and end up as a tax write off like Scoob! Holiday Haunt. Zaslav wants to save money.

Moe

They said HBO Max is not moving forward with it. It’s being shopped around to other services. If they can’t find one, they can’t make this movie. And it’s likely going to get scrapped and end up as a tax write off like Scoob! Holiday Haunt. Zaslav wants to save money.
You didn't get and you didn't look at news above. This movie is in PRODUCTION, despite about not come to HBO Max and when it is finished, it is going to be up for sale for third party streaming service to pick it up and if not, it can be sold to customers directly on iTunes, Amazon, Vudu and other digital stores with possibility to release on DVD/BD/UHD-BD at WB discretion.

Again, no, this movie isn't tax write-off, unlike two titles, and stop being negativity, that's enough.

awinger24

You didn't get and you didn't look at news above. This movie is in PRODUCTION, despite about not come to HBO Max and when it is finished, it is going to be up for sale for third party streaming service to pick it up and if not, it can be sold to customers directly on iTunes, Amazon, Vudu and other digital stores with possibility to release on DVD/BD/UHD-BD at WB discretion.

Again, no, this movie isn't tax write-off, unlike two titles, and stop being negativity, that's enough.

Thank you. All it says they are still looking for a new streaming home. Wonder why they are pushing this now? I hope other streaming services are interested in anything Looney Tunes.

Conflicting that he says it won't get made when the article posted said the film is in production.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts