Cartoonito - News & Discussion Thread

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Cartoonito: Wasted potential. Somehow, the block is still a thing despite the fact that they cancelled most of the original stuff and the fact that it only airs from 7:30am-9:00am. At this rate, we're not getting Lu & the Bally Bunch or those Care Bears specials over here... they might as well just remove the branding and air the shows with the Cartoon Network name. :rolleyes:

Insidus

Cartoonito: Wasted potential. Somehow, the block is still a thing despite the fact that they cancelled most of the original stuff and the fact that it only airs from 7:30am-9:00am. At this rate, we're not getting Lu & the Bally Bunch or those Care Bears specials over here... they might as well just remove the branding and air the shows with the Cartoon Network name. :rolleyes:
They should restructure it similar to EMEA I mean Cartoon Network is watched by adults so Cartoonito would be family alongside preschoolers.

harry580

They should restructure it similar to EMEA I mean Cartoon Network is watched by adults so Cartoonito would be family alongside preschoolers.
I hope they did it, I mean, the reason cartoonito did well outside of the usa because same of its programs so why not do the same

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
That's actually happening with Bugs Bunny Builders and Jessica's Big Little World, apparently. Recently, both shows were listed as airing under the Cartoon Network label.

Also, Tom and Jerry Time (which was announced back in 2021) has been canceled before it ever aired.

I don't know if this has been reported here already, but the news dropped while this stie was still down.

It's a shame. I'm definitely not the audience for Cartoonito, but I thought that it was good idea. Weird how Nickelodeon and Disney Channel were able to make a preschool block work for their channels, but Cartoon Network can't seem to do the same for theirs (not in the U.S., anyway).

Last edited:

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Now, I read these back in May and June respectively while the site was down, so things may have changed since then, but according to news articles, there are 2 new shows set to air on Cartoonito in 2024: Barney's World, a CGI update of the purple dinosaur, and Hop, a preschool show from Marc Brown, creator of Arthur. (The article I cited lists Hop as airing on Max with no mention of Cartoonito, but I doubt Zaslav would allow a potential cash cow to air exclusively on streaming.)

So while it indeed has a reduced presence on Cartoon Network, WBD doesn't seem to be completely done with the Cartoonito block...yet.

Last edited:

superkeegan9100

Now, I read these back in May and June respectively while the site was down, so things may have changed since then, but according to news articles, there are 2 new shows set to air on Cartoonito in 2024: Barney's World, a CGI update of the purple dinosaur, and Hop, a preschool show from Marc Brown, creator of Arthur. (The article I cited lists Hop as airing on Max with no mention of Cartoonito, but I doubt Zaslav would allow a potential cash cow to air exclusively on streaming.)

So while it indeed has a reduced presence on Cartoon Network, WBD doesn't seem to be completely done with the Cartoonito block...yet.
By the time Barney's World comes to air the Cartoonito branding will be all but a memory, and Hop is probably just gonna stream on Max and not air on CN at all

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Cartoonito wouldn't be in this situation if Tom was still working at the company. Now with a different management again, don't be surpised if Cartoonito leaves as every management have their own ideas on what could work and what couldn't.
Though with Cartoonito expanding internationally, makes me wonder if they possibly intend on replacing one with the sister channels (cough DF) with Cartoonito (though cable isn't as popular anymore).

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Cartoonito wouldn't be in this situation if Tom was still working at the company. Now with a different management again, don't be surpised if Cartoonito leaves as every management have their own ideas on what could work and what couldn't.
Agreed. It seems evident to me that Cartoonito U.S. was Tom Ascheim's baby and that Michael Oulelween clearly doesn't share his enthusiasm for the block. Mr. Ouleween is convinced that kids aren't watching TV anymore and therefore, there's no point in trying to program for them. Preschool kids don't even register a blip on Michael's radar. Methinks that if Mr. Ouleween had his way, the entire channel would just become 24/7 Adult Swim.

superkeegan9100

Agreed. It seems evident to me that Cartoonito U.S. was Tom Ascheim's baby and that Michael Oulelween clearly doesn't share his enthusiasm for the block. Mr. Ouleween is convinced that kids aren't watching TV anymore and therefore, there's no point in trying to program for them. Preschool kids don't even register a blip on Michael's radar. Methinks that if Mr. Ouleween had his way, the entire channel would just become 24/7 Adult Swim.
Couldn't have said it better myself

harry580

who wanna bet Warner bros discovery will pull a fox family on cartoon network and sell it to someone else to the point Warner bros changed their focus on adult animated series just like fox did

Francisque

Sad but true.

It all seems to have gone downhill, even with Adult Swim expanding to 5pm!
Although I love old cartoons, that's far excessive.

I think internationally Cartoonito is much solid, also because they can't do any better with Boomerang anymoee

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts