"Marvel Animation on Hulu" General News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, even if all the episodes didn't drop at once and there have been other Marvel toons that lasted only one season, M.O.D.O.K. still had less episodes in total (10 as opposed to the standard 13). Technically What If...? had less episodes in its first season, but that still has at least another batch of episodes in the works that hasn't premiered yet.

the greenman

Yeah, even if all the episodes didn't drop at once and there have been other Marvel toons that lasted only one season, M.O.D.O.K. still had less episodes in total (10 as opposed to the standard 13). Technically What If...? had less episodes in its first season, but that still has at least another batch of episodes in the works that hasn't premiered yet.
Those What if? episodes are in the can already. The Peter Parker as Hawkeye and Black Widow ones were in the trailers. They basically split the one season into two and made it two seasons. Even though, from looks of it, it really worked seamlessly.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Those What if? episodes are in the can already. The Peter Parker as Hawkeye and Black Widow ones were in the trailers. They basically split the one season into two and made it two seasons. Even though, from looks of it, it really worked seamlessly.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Well, except for the Sakarr!Iron Man and Thanos!Gamora episode :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think this was among the last big news posted here that was lost due to the forum downtime, so re-posting it now-

Hit-Monkey Season Two was announced.
The renewal comes over a year since the show originally debuted back in November 2021. Based on the titular Marvel Comics character of the same name, the series follows a Japanese snow monkey whose entire tribe is slaughtered. He then teams with the ghost of American assassin Bryce to get revenge on the Yakuza who wronged them both.
The new season will follow Hit-Monkey and Bryce as they travel from Japan to New York City. Fred Tatasciore voices Hit-Monkey. The rest of the returning voice cast includes Olivia Munn as Akiko Yokohama, Jason Sudeikis as Bryce, and Ally Maki as Haruka. In addition, Leslie Jones will be joining the show for Season 2 in an undisclosed role.
The show was co-created by Josh Gordon and Will Speck, who also serve as executive producers. 20th Television Animation serves as the studio behind the series.

Frontier

Staff member
I think this was among the last big news posted here that was lost due to the forum downtime, so re-posting it now-

Hit-Monkey Season Two was announced.
Yay, more Hit-Monkey! Most happiest surprise comic book cartoon news in a while :D!

I figured they'd focus on New York, makes me wonder if we'll get more Marvel guest stars (they teased Kingpin in season 1) :).

I also wonder if Akiko follows them to New York as the new Lady Bullseye and Haruka follows her to try to stop/arrest her :eek:.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Hit-Monkey Season 2 will premiere on July 15th. It will have 10 episodes.

Here's also a description:

In New York City, Monkey finds a path to escape his life of killing, while Bryce attempts to repair the damage to those he wronged in life. But what will it cost them to undo the past? "In New York City, Monkey struggles against his darker nature while he tries to escape his life of killing".

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts