"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

I don't think they'd make a full-fledged movie but we might see Strange stop by that world...
I almost agree. Though with them exploring the Supernatural coming up in the future, I somehow have a feeling it's possible. That one tease in Spider-man: FFH was cool. Though, I could see them do something in a film that could look like zombified superheroes. Especially with Wanda having known most of the OGs.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I almost agree. Though with them exploring the Supernatural coming up in the future, I somehow have a feeling it's possible. That one tease in Spider-man: FFH was cool. Though, I could see them do something in a film that could look like zombified superheroes. Especially with Wanda having known most of the OGs.

And with zombie makeup they don't have to get the actors back :p.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Even though the actual fun and charm and uniqueness of the original Marvel Zombies is that though the virus made the characters zombies whose primary focus was about satisfying their hunger and eating flesh, their personalities and intelligence was still the same. Thus underneath all that rotting flesh they could still think and plot and even act like themselves just as you know members of the undead. Thus it was wasted potential having them just be mindless zombies in What If but that had the excuse of being an episode of an animated series that is constantly shifting and exploring different ideas in it's 30 something minute run time. So you could get away with just having Marvel Zombies be more a survival zombie movie esque escapade. You can't really use that excuse for an entire movie though. If you are trying to sell a full film on Marvel Zombies you need to actually have the turned characters you know retain their intelligence and have to deal with the zombies super heroes being the main threat which... yeah logistically I don't see happening for a variety of reasons. Which is why I thought them doing it as a What If was a good workaround to one of those "you can't make a movie out of it" concepts from the comic.

Frontier

Staff member
Even though the actual fun and charm and uniqueness of the original Marvel Zombies is that though the virus made the characters zombies whose primary focus was about satisfying their hunger and eating flesh, their personalities and intelligence was still the same. Thus underneath all that rotting flesh they could still think and plot and even act like themselves just as you know members of the undead. Thus it was wasted potential having them just be mindless zombies in What If but that had the excuse of being an episode of an animated series that is constantly shifting and exploring different ideas in it's 30 something minute run time. So you could get away with just having Marvel Zombies be more a survival zombie movie esque escapade. You can't really use that excuse for an entire movie though. If you are trying to sell a full film on Marvel Zombies you need to actually have the turned characters you know retain their intelligence and have to deal with the zombies super heroes being the main threat which... yeah logistically I don't see happening for a variety of reasons. Which is why I thought them doing it as a What If was a good workaround to one of those "you can't make a movie out of it" concepts from the comic.
Even in the context of the episode they did show some sentience in terms of still being able to use their abilities as well as some recognition (like Wanda with Vision), but it's way too bleak and graphic a setting for me to believe they'd make a movie out of it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

the greenman

I am hoping for a updated, delineated listing of what's Phase 4 and what's Phase 5. There's so much in the pipeline, they couldn't be possibly announcing more new titles for movies and/or Disney Plus...
I wonder how much of this will be like the investor's conference...
Just a question. . . do we know if Marvel Studios and WB/DC will have a significant presence at SDCC this year?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Just a question. . . do we know if Marvel Studios and WB/DC will have a significant presence at SDCC this year?

No word yet but unlikely. DC has their FanDome mid-October and Marvel is seemingly going to use November 12 Disney+ Day to do their own thing. I've heard this November SDCC is a more scaled down event, nothing too big.

the greenman

No word yet but unlikely. DC has their FanDome mid-October and Marvel is seemingly going to use November 12 Disney+ Day to do their own thing. I've heard this November SDCC is a more scaled down event, nothing too big.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The studios probably don't want to risk going to something (or even if it's still online), they simply want to do their own thing online.

reflection01

I am hoping for a updated, delineated listing of what's Phase 4 and what's Phase 5. There's so much in the pipeline, they couldn't be possibly announcing more new titles for movies and/or Disney Plus...

I definitely think they’ll have new titles for movies and shows. I would expect dates through 2023 and more films, not just sequels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reflection01

Two of the three unknown films could be Shang-Chi 2 and The Eternals 2. The other could be Dr. Strange 3.

The other four projects could be Season 2 for upcoming shows and a new animated project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the greenman

I'm hoping that Secret Wars is one of them.
Do you imagine the whole symbiote storyline will play out in future incarnations? I haven't seen Venom 2, but know the rumors.
I hope that some of them are solo Hulk sequels.
I wouldn't mind at all. Really upset how MCU treats him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts