"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
As much I understand your aversion to see films at the cinemas and while it would be great to see this forum do threads that merges both news/discussion and talkback instead of locking news and discussion threads once a talkback thread is posted, I don't see that anytime soon.
Why? It's an arbitrary and stupid rule that serves no purpose. I don't understand why this forum is wedded to either it or the idea that you can't double-post. Neither rule helps anything.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Please don't close the News and Discussion threads for movies once a talkback is posted. I don't go to the theaters anymore but would still like information of when a given movie like the Doctor Strange sequel is coming to Disney+ and Blu-Ray without having to wade through a talkback filled with spoilers.
I'll post the dates in the locked news threads, too, as they are released.

And for the heck of it for DSitMoM, I'd wager June 17 for Disney+, based on past movies being primarily on Fridays, and August 16, based on Eternals' release.

Last edited:

the greenman

Considering how the MCU handles relationships, I'd be genuinely surprised if they adapt Namors' massive lust for Sue.
Yeah, especially in these times. That is pretty sad. Like society deems having an innocent crush as a mental psychotic issue. Seriously sad. The difference here that was also attracted and intrigued by Namor herself.

It made for a similar triangle as with what happened in X-men with Scott, Jean, and Logan. That is something the writers would be kinda stupid not to explore.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Take with salt and I figure even if false it's at least worth noting for posterity here but back on April 23, it was reported Keanu Reeves was secretly cast for a role in a movie.

the greenman

Take with salt and I figure even if false it's at least worth noting for posterity here but back on April 23, it was reported Keanu Reeves was secretly cast for a role in a movie.
Well, much like Ms. Theron they have been on their radar. Guess it's all about the right role of course. Honestly, right now I am at a loss for what role he could be unless of course he's going to use his Point Break skills in a mo-cap suit. Just that it's much too soon for that guy.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, much like Ms. Theron they have been on their radar. Guess it's all about the right role of course. Honestly, right now I am at a loss for what role he could be unless of course he's going to use his Point Break skills in a mo-cap suit. Just that it's much too soon for that guy.
It's intriguing. As far as I've seen, the only movies with casting news lately are Fantastic Four and Blade. I get why fans want him to be Ghost Rider. Could Reeves be Doom? Hmm. Could be one of the Novas maybe. Idk, I've been digging him in the Wick series of movies.

the greenman

I've heard the rumor of Keanu as Doom. Not sure what to think of that. Not like he couldn't handle the role. Feige is using the comparison of Darth Vader, which is why I'm thinking of someone else.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I've heard the rumor of Keanu as Doom. Not sure what to think of that. Not like he couldn't handle the role. Feige is using the comparison of Darth Vader, which is why I'm thinking of someone else.
Yeah, I'm on the fence about Reeves playing a villain or if he should be a protagonist. One Doom rumor I recall being surprised was Giancarlo Esposito. At that time, I started wondering if they're casting wider than someone Eastern European/European, your Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Mark Waschke, Oliver Masucci or Fassbender, and looking anyone with the right acting/swagger like Esposito, Reeves, Luke Evans, Rufus Sewell, Tom Ellis, Cillian Murphy, Liaam Neeson, or Jason Isaacs. But then on the other hand, because as you say, whoever the actor is will be behind a mask and they could use someone to just do that voice like James Earl Jones has done for Vader.

the greenman

Yeah, I'm on the fence about Reeves playing a villain or if he should be a protagonist. One Doom rumor I recall being surprised was Giancarlo Esposito. At that time, I started wondering if they're casting wider than someone Eastern European/European, your Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Mark Waschke, Oliver Masucci or Fassbender, and looking anyone with the right acting/swagger like Esposito, Reeves, Luke Evans, Rufus Sewell, Tom Ellis, Cillian Murphy, Liaam Neeson, or Jason Isaacs. But then on the other hand, because as you say, whoever the actor is will be behind a mask and they could use someone to just do that voice like James Earl Jones has done for Vader.
Well, whoever they choose is going to have to be good at emoting. Remember Doom is disfigured, reason for the mask, so this isn't going to be like Tony Stark. I'm sure they had discussions on how to do him by now, just needs to be a wise choice.

It's funny, my co-worker brought up Johnny Depp yesterday. To which I said, he might've made a good Riddler at one point.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Tom Cruise Made His First Billion Dollar Movie!
Congrats to the Colorado Avalanche, my hockey team
Nickelodeon’s first foreign victim to Paramount+, and CN is the only one left in the country.

I didn't think she could do a higher pitched voice. Then again, I didn't think she could do a grandma voice, but she did.

With Nickelodeon celebrated Pride Day this year, they included Power Rangers Dino Fury episode, even though Nick already lost rights late last year.

Featured Posts