"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

the greenman

Now they're kinda touting a Venom vs Spider-man film. This is smart on Sony. Similar to what Rock is doing with BA vs. SHAZAM. Letting fandom build up hype.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

reflection01

Arad said. "Like giving your kids away for adoption, just because you're not sure what to do with them."

What an absurd comparison. It’s more like giving kids back to their birth parents after they’ve gotten back on their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Now they're kinda touting a Venom vs Spider-man film. This is smart on Sony. Similar to what Rock is doing with BA vs. SHAZAM. Letting fandom build up hype.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Because it worked so well the first time for them. :shrug:

Actually Rock is doing BA vs. Superman, he wants nothing to do with Shazam.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

the greenman

Last edited by a moderator:

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
The problem with that means it would be skipping over a massive aspect of his character arc from having a happy jokey personality to becoming the old tired and disgruntled version we have seen during the Krakoa era.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ethan Hawke gives some bts insight (as much as he is allowed) into how Marvel works with talent:
Clickbait and a pointless video unless I forgot Hawke or Scorsese were on the set of every MCU movie filmed, invisible, and observed every second of the director and their interactions with Marvel Studios for them to make the statements they have in the past that this guy is rehashing.

Frontier

Staff member
The problem with that means it would be skipping over a massive aspect of his character arc from having a happy jokey personality to becoming the old tired and disgruntled version we have seen during the Krakoa era.
Or they could just skip all over that :p.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Clickbait and a pointless video unless I forgot Hawke or Scorsese were on the set of every MCU movie filmed, invisible, and observed every second of the director and their interactions with Marvel Studios for them to make the statements they have in the past that this guy is rehashing.

Yeah seriously anyone tries making the argument of how "oh super hero movies and the MCU are destroying cinema" I'm reminded of how Close Enough showed how easy it is to counter that argument in a matter of seconds.

Or they could just skip all over that :p.

Yeah I don't think if Marvel is going to go to the effort of getting back Kelsey Grammer to play Beast they would have him be a super tired and disgruntled version despite his age. Especially with how beloved his portrayal is as even people who HATE Last Stand loved Kelsey Grammar's Hank McCoy.

I will say there are rumors that Feige is trying to have Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars be a Spider Man No Way Home esque kind of event but of all previous Marvel movies and that would especially include getting back the X-Men actors for mostly one last hurrah which honestly I think would be a great way to really close out that legacy. Since yeah I don't see a lot of the FOX actors coming back for a new round of movies but if you allowed them a chance to portray these characters in a big epic fight one last time and got it out of their systems they'd be down for it. Plus yeah if you want Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars to be a bigger event then Endgame and are building up the multi verse that would be the way to do it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I hope they can do more with Gamora. I think Gunn sold her short in the first two Guardians movies compared to her comics counterpart.
Yeah, I wouldn't object to solo outings for a lot of the Guardians, including Gamora. I wouldn't go as far to say they suffered because their characters were stuck in the orbit of Star-Lord but there are glimpses of interesting stories. Like for Gamora, she's a variant essentially living out the original's life. So there's a lot of disgruntled folk and enemies the original made that the variant never did and would have to deal with eventually.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I wouldn't object to solo outings for a lot of the Guardians, including Gamora. I wouldn't go as far to say they suffered because their characters were stuck in the orbit of Star-Lord but there are glimpses of interesting stories. Like for Gamora, she's a variant essentially living out the original's life. So there's a lot of disgruntled folk and enemies the original made that the variant never did and would have to deal with eventually.
I think also just that Gamora is supposed to be the "most dangerous woman in the galaxy" and the movies...never really showed that :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts