"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

the greenman

3/26: I assume Mr.Snipes is teasing up a possible guest appearance. . . maybe. Post this last week:

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

4/4: Not sure anyone posted this. Norman Reedus still posting stuff for GR. Might be nothing:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not sure anyone posted this. Norman Reedus still posting stuff for GR. Might be nothing:
I would be surprised if we don't see a GR in the next 5 years. He's been rumored for what feels like a couple years already. I'm curious if Feige wants to make a movie or a Disney+ series/special. On one hand, we know Blade is in the works for the movie side and on the other we've got Moon Knight then the Werewolf By Night Halloween special coming up. Maybe some of these will seed GR. Or totally surprise us like the Eternals ending.

Frontier

Staff member
I would be surprised if we don't see a GR in the next 5 years. He's been rumored for what feels like a couple years already. I'm curious if Feige wants to make a movie or a Disney+ series/special. On one hand, we know Blade is in the works for the movie side and on the other we've got Moon Knight then the Werewolf By Night Halloween special coming up. Maybe some of these will seed GR. Or totally surprise us like the Eternals ending.
I feel like they'd probably go Disney+ with Ghost Rider after the last two GR movies...but then again they're doing FF in the movies again so o_O...

the greenman

Well, I believe we were going to get an actual series on probably Hulu. This was around the time when Hellstrom was cancelled. Then Feige (or Disney) cancelled a slew of projects like Hellcat and others; GR was one of them. I believe that it was probably the AoS version.

Then Feige brought up future projects like Werewolf by Night, Blade, Midnight Sons, and the GR film. Kinda odd, but whatever.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, I believe we were going to get an actual series on probably Hulu. This was around the time when Hellstrom was cancelled. Then he (or Disney) cancelled a slew of projects like Hellcat and others GR was one of them. I believe that it was probably the AoS version.

Then Feige brought up future projects like Werewolf by Night, Blade, Midnight Sons, and the GR film. Kinda odd, but whatever.
Correct, that cancelled series involved Robbie Reyes from AOS. Loeb was going to do this whole slate Adventures in Fear or something like that but by then Marvel Television days as a separate entity from Marvel Studios was over and the rest is history.

Plus there's the question of Black Knight and a rumored Man-Thing Halloween Special. Feige's definitely got some plans to go full tilt into horror and supernatural at last.

Frontier

Staff member
Correct, that cancelled series involved Robbie Reyes from AOS. Loeb was going to do this whole slate Adventures in Fear or something like that but by then Marvel Television days as a separate entity from Marvel Studios was over and the rest is history.

Plus there's the question of Black Knight and a rumored Man-Thing Halloween Special. Feige's definitely got some plans to go full tilt into horror and supernatural at last.
Blade gathering the Midnight Sons...

the greenman

Blade gathering the Midnight Sons...
I'm very/slightly upset with the Supernatural elements they're attempting to do now.

#1- I read the "Midnight Sons" (before they were really all that) in the 90's. This crossover of comics included Ghost Rider, Spirits of Vengeance (Johnny Blaze & GR), Morbius, Darkhold, and Nightstalkers. The funny part is we have always got stuff piecemeal. A variation of Nightstalkers appeared in Blade: Trinity.

#2- Was never really a fan of those comics. A fan of Ghost Rider, but not the others. Too many crossovers with books I didn't collect. I did not care to bring in Blade (but completely understand), Dr. Strange (again understand), Moon Knight (or Mr. Knight), and Punisher. Not to mention later incarnations including the likes of Wolverine, Iron Man, . . . I mean what the hell?

3. I wasn't the massive huge fan of the title, but when it came to superheroes fighting supernatural forces, the Defenders were my jam. The best incarnation (imho) wasn't even Marvel, but DC with the Justice League episode "the Terror Beyond". Any fan could see the comparison:

Dr. Fate- Dr. Strange
Solomon Grundy- Hulk
Hawkgirl- Valkyrie
Superman- Silver Surfer
Aquaman- Namor

I wish the MCU could give us this. Instead, the closest we got was Thor: Ragnarok. Maybe someday.

the greenman

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't remember him, offhand, being rumored for Mister Sinister. I remember Antonio Banderos, seems like that was very early on possibly. I honestly, at this point, have block of imagination for anyone to portray him.
4 years ago. There was some confusion about Sinister appearing or not and who was playing him but ultimately it was Hamm who was talked to about the role but a deal was never made and Banderos was going to be Sunspot's father, the next big bad.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Suggestion to the mods:

Please don't close the News and Discussion threads for movies once a talkback is posted. I don't go to the theaters anymore but would still like information of when a given movie like the Doctor Strange sequel is coming to Disney+ and Blu-Ray without having to wade through a talkback filled with spoilers.

Please don't close the News and Discussion threads for movies once a talkback is posted. I don't go to the theaters anymore but would still like information of when a given movie like the Doctor Strange sequel is coming to Disney+ and Blu-Ray without having to wade through a talkback filled with spoilers.
As much I understand your aversion to see films at the cinemas and while it would be great to see this forum do threads that merges both news/discussion and talkback instead of locking news and discussion threads once a talkback thread is posted, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Tom Cruise Made His First Billion Dollar Movie!
Congrats to the Colorado Avalanche, my hockey team
Nickelodeon’s first foreign victim to Paramount+, and CN is the only one left in the country.

I didn't think she could do a higher pitched voice. Then again, I didn't think she could do a grandma voice, but she did.

With Nickelodeon celebrated Pride Day this year, they included Power Rangers Dino Fury episode, even though Nick already lost rights late last year.

Featured Posts