"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Honestly, need to address the elephant in the room. Marvel haven't commented on how William Hurt's passing will go moving forward. They announced Thunderbolts with no mention of namesake, and if they approach Hulk again they need to recast. They should not do what they're doing with Black Panther.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

the greenman

What elephant? Ross wants to take on the Hulk. The Hulk hasn’t been an issue on Earth in years. We don’t really need to know Ross” story.

The Thunderbolts name could just be Contessa naming the team after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, but Ross kinda had it out for the Avengers. Since A:IW and Endgame, things have kinda reset, but he can still be a pivotal character. Especially if & when Marvel starts using Hulk again.

DogBoneController

Tons of rumors going around regarding Marvel at D23 next week. Apparently some actors have been hired for future MCU works and will be confirmed there. Names going around include Henry Cavill, Denzel Washington, John Krasinski (which was kind of a given), John Boyega, Daisy Edgar-Jones, Giancarlo Esposito, Jodie Comer.

Of all these names, Henry and Denzel would be big shockers (Denzel is very much not a franchise guy). Then again, the payday must've been too big for them to pass up.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Tons of rumors going around regarding Marvel at D23 next week. Apparently some actors have been hired for future MCU works and will be confirmed there. Names going around include Denzel Washington, John Krasinski (which was kind of a given), John Boyega, Daisy Edgar-Jones, Giancarlo Esposito, Jodie Comer.

Of all these names, Henry and Denzel would be big shockers (Denzel is very much not a franchise guy). Then again, the payday must've been too big for them to pass up.
I wonder if they'll confirm who they'll all be playing.

the greenman

Tons of rumors going around regarding Marvel at D23 next week. Apparently some actors have been hired for future MCU works and will be confirmed there. Names going around include Denzel Washington, John Krasinski (which was kind of a given), John Boyega, Daisy Edgar-Jones, Giancarlo Esposito, Jodie Comer.

Who is Henry?

Last edited by a moderator:

DogBoneController

Can't be sure of any of it just yet.
Of course not. I still remember when everyone was pushing talk of Cavill appearing at the DC panel in SDCC and that obviously didn't pan out, to the audience's chagrin (and was partly the reason the panel was crapped on).

That said, I think everyone is just expecting out-of-left-field announcements at D23 since Disney has been known to do that. It's always fun to make rumors.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Plus Cavill has long been fan choices for characters like Captain Britain and Hyperion.

reflection01

Good question. We likely won't know since I doubt most of the scripts for Phase Five have been completed yet.

When has Marvel announced an actor without announcing their role?

We are going to get plenty of Phase 5 films announcements and their lead actors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts