"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
So basically what it's telling me is they can't use Inhumans or Terrigen mist, so they went with something else. And maybe so they don't have to do any stretching CG ;ack:.

Although if it's related to where the MCU is at now, does that mean it's from another dimension :p?

I feel like it's not quite capturing the spirit of how her powers in the comics, but points for trying I guess :rolleyes2:

I guess that it still goes back to her family like her Inhuman heritage is interesting...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
So basically what it's telling me is they can't use Inhumans or Terrigen mist, so they went with something else. And maybe so they don't have to do any stretching CG ;ack:.

Uh I don't think it's that. As Kevin specifically said " [Kamala] came about in a very specific time within the comic-book continuity. She is now coming into a very specific time within the MCU continuity. And those two things didn’t match.” I'm pretty sure the "specific time within the comic book continuity" that Kevin is talking about is the early 2010's when Ike Perlmutter was still running Marvel and was really pushing Inhumans to try and replace the X-Men. Since remember X-Men movie rights were owned by FOX and those were/are the most profitable part of Marvel so he wanted the X-Men's presence lessened in areas Marvel still had control over (like the comics) and to increase the Inhumans awareness to give them a push when they were supposed to get their own movie in phase 3. Which yeah didn't happen as that period in marvel under Perlmutter is no longer a thing and pretty sure Feige doesn't really want to have anything seriously with the Inhumans in the MCU.

I'm pretty sure Black Bolt being so easily curbstomped in Dr. Strange And The Multi Verse Of Madness is proof of that. Like yeah all the Illuminati is taken out pretty quickly but Black Bolt is so easily disposed of pretty sure that's a sign of "yeah that's all you're getting of the Inhumans in these movies."

Thus yeah wanting to go in a different direction with Kamala and her power set.

Frontier

Staff member
Uh I don't think it's that. As Kevin specifically said " [Kamala] came about in a very specific time within the comic-book continuity. She is now coming into a very specific time within the MCU continuity. And those two things didn’t match.” I'm pretty sure the "specific time within the comic book continuity" that Kevin is talking about is the early 2010's when Ike Perlmutter was still running Marvel and was really pushing Inhumans to try and replace the X-Men. Since remember X-Men movie rights were owned by FOX and those were/are the most profitable part of Marvel so he wanted the X-Men's presence lessened in areas Marvel still had control over (like the comics) and to increase the Inhumans awareness to give them a push when they were supposed to get their own movie in phase 3. Which yeah didn't happen as that period in marvel under Perlmutter is no longer a thing and pretty sure Feige doesn't really want to have anything seriously with the Inhumans in the MCU.

I'm pretty sure Black Bolt being so easily curbstomped in Dr. Strange And The Multi Verse Of Madness is proof of that. Like yeah all the Illuminati is taken out pretty quickly but Black Bolt is so easily disposed of pretty sure that's a sign of "yeah that's all you're getting of the Inhumans in these movies."

Thus yeah wanting to go in a different direction with Kamala and her power set.
But it's talking specifically about adapting her powers not adapting her character specifically.

Kamala's Inhuman status is pretty negligible to her actual character aside from when she hung out with Lockjaw or a few of her villains, but the Terrigenesis process made more sense for her character and her development than, say, a cosmic band of power.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I thought people liked Moon Knight :confused:?
I don't know if I see them being able to pull off Nova on a Disney+ series budget unless they find a way to focus more on the civilian life. Even with the more FX heavy stuff they find a way to move the focus away from that for budget reasons.

Like with Moon Knights' CG issues and how much Moon Knight was actually in the show, I really have a hard time imagining them doing a Nova show.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Even with the more FX heavy stuff they find a way to move the focus away from that for budget reasons.

Like with Moon Knights' CG issues and how much Moon Knight was actually in the show, I really have a hard time imagining them doing a Nova show.
Unless it happens with Secret Invasion, eventually they'd do a space adventure given Paramount & Star Wars have been putting out a few for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts