"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Unless it happens with Secret Invasion, eventually they'd do a space adventure given Paramount & Star Wars have been putting out a few for some time now.
Secret Invasion they can probably play more low-key than the comic because it'll mostly be cloak and dagger stuff and lasers, with the most FX probably being the Skrull makeup.

I'd be surprised if a Super-Skrull or like an actual hero shows up.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ever since they revealed they were making DC movies for HBO Max, I've been wondering if Marvel Studios would follow suit and do movies on Disney+ as well for cases like this - not too confident about theatrical but a CG heavy show that may not work as a series then make a streaming movie with a bigger budget than a 6 episode show. I think Nova could fit this bill. I suppose the Halloween Special and Guardians Holiday Special will be the first test if that format will work.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Ever since they revealed they were making DC movies for HBO Max, I've been wondering if Marvel Studios would follow suit and do movies on Disney+ as well for cases like this - not too confident about theatrical but a CG heavy show that may not work as a series then make a streaming movie with a bigger budget than a 6 episode show. I think Nova could fit this bill. I suppose the Halloween Special and Guardians Holiday Special will be the first test if that format will work.
Does Marvel even need to do that? Even movies of its lesser known properties tend to be be huge hits (maybe Eternals excluded). DC probably has to show a ton of their movie projects on their streaming site because they know audiences won't flock to a DC movie just because it's a DC movie the way they do Marvel movies just because they're Marvel movies. DC does that because there is weakness in their brand. So far, people really haven't rejected any of the odder Marvel Studios stuff outside of Eternals, and even so, if that polarizing movie still doesn't get a sequel I'll be shocked.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Does Marvel even need to do that? Even movies of its lesser known properties tend to be be huge hits (maybe Eternals excluded). DC probably has to show a ton of their movie projects on their streaming site because they know audiences won't flock to a DC movie just because it's a DC movie the way they do Marvel movies just because they're Marvel movies. DC does that because there is weakness in their brand. So far, people really haven't rejected any of the odder Marvel Studios stuff outside of Eternals, and even so, if that polarizing movie still doesn't get a sequel I'll be shocked.
No, I agree they don't need to do it (as I'm just spitballing) but I'm confident they've considered it among different formats and lengths (# episodes per show, a movie, a special, a mini-series, more One Shot shorts, etc). The two holiday specials coming at the end of the year will essentially be prototype MCU movies made for Disney+ and I'm sure the data from those two will be used to make some decisions going forward. Do they need to? No. Will they? Probably. Heck, not to go off topic, but there's still the open question if Marvel Studios will ever team up with ABC on a new series. That rumor died down and sure full speed ahead with Disney+ but I think they're looking at different types of releases in multiple formats down the line but right now the focus is expanding through Disney+ (and yeah they totally dropped the ball with the tie-in comics).

Frontier

Staff member
I guess a Nova show would probably be, budget-wise, on par with a GL show.

the greenman

No, I agree they don't need to do it (as I'm just spitballing) but I'm confident they've considered it among different formats and lengths (# episodes per show, a movie, a special, a mini-series, more One Shot shorts, etc). The two holiday specials coming at the end of the year will essentially be prototype MCU movies made for Disney+ and I'm sure the data from those two will be used to make some decisions going forward. Do they need to? No. Will they? Probably. Heck, not to go off topic, but there's still the open question if Marvel Studios will ever team up with ABC on a new series. That rumor died down and sure full speed ahead with Disney+ but I think they're looking at different types of releases in multiple formats down the line but right now the focus is expanding through Disney+ (and yeah they totally dropped the ball with the tie-in comics).
I can't say I see them doing another ABC (or even Hulu for that matter) series. I think the one-two punch of FOX acquisition and then the pandemic has them thinking on the logistics. As far as I remember Bob Chapek is going ahead with Disney + for the foreseeable future.
I guess a Nova show would probably be, budget-wise, on par with a GL show.
Yes, both are certainly in the same style. We'll have to see. I remember I read, Feige is attached to films certainly more than television. He really had an idea of Daredevil reboot film, until he saw the love for Cox Netflix version.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Arighty then!

- I think the CG for She-Hulk (and her cousin) look as good as to be expected. Might take some getting used to for some, but I think it's okay :).

- Is there a new Superhuman prison? That doesn't look like The Raft :confused:.

- Bruce is...isolated on some island for some reason. Can he transform to and back like Shang-Chi implied? Seems like the blood transfusion to give Jen her powers already happened o_O.

- Blonsky can now transform from his Abomination form to his human form :ack:.

- Leap-Frog :D.

- Big fight in the courtroom, natch ;).

- Looks like they're doing justice to She-Hulk's active sex life :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

-Wonder if those troops at the start are the same ones that are in the Ms. Marvel trailer.

-Looks like a new prison. At first it looked like where the D.C. SHIELD HQ was but that's a desert in the background. The funky architecture seems to be screaming this is a Marvel locale but nothing is clicking in my head. But the desert plus LA news vans outside her place implies this prison is Arizona-New Mexico ish at most.

-Clever detail with Blonsky. That's the room he and Wong returned to after the fight in Shang-Chi. Same chamber and everything.

-Yes! Yes. Yes. No! No! lmao. :D :D

-Holy a quick shot of Titania and 1:20 and... Frog Man?!

-Dating in your 30s, heh.

EDIT: She-Hulk will be 9 episodes. Wong confirmed to appear in cast and crew pr.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
So this does confirm Bruce has at least fully healed and can go between the hulk forms which is nice. I admit I do wish we got some funnier bits here though I did like the ending as well as "only billionaire narcissists are super heroes... and for some reason adult orphans." I do like the idea of following Jennifer as sort of a super hero celeberity and it is made clear she does eventually learn to dig her she hulk side which is a huge part of the character so glad that even though there is some issues at first that does happen in the show. I'm not seeing this as the mess some reports are though and hoenstly does feel they dropped the trailer here to sort of put those fears to rest... I hope.

Frontier

Staff member
-Wonder if those troops at the start are the same ones that are in the Ms. Marvel trailer.
The new SHIELD :ack:?
-Looks like a new prison. At first it looked like where the D.C. SHIELD HQ was but that's a desert in the background. The funky architecture seems to be screaming this is a Marvel locale but nothing is clicking in my head. But the desert plus LA news vans outside her place implies this prison is Arizona-New Mexico ish at most.
My first thought was Project Pegasus but they already did that...I wonder what separates it from The Raft :confused:?
-Clever detail with Blonsky. That's the room he and Wong returned to after the fight in Shang-Chi. Same chamber and everything.
Sorcerer Supreme just randomly grabbing criminals and returning them to their cells like it's nothing :p.
- Holy a quick shot of Titania and 1:20 and... Frog Man?!
Can't have She-Hulk without a titanium fight ;).

Frog Man amuses me to no end, especially to see a lower-tier Supervillain or costumed character :D.
I've heard speculation the increased episode account also accounts for a shorter episode length compared to the last few Disney+ shows o_O.
Feels like a given since their stories don't feel done at all :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The new SHIELD :ack:?
Whatever they were called, N.I.C.E.? Or Maybe it's Damage Control?

My first thought was Project Pegasus but they already did that...I wonder what separates it from The Raft :confused:?
Not off the books probably. All I see is "Supermax Federal Penitentiary" on Foley's hat and shoulder.

EDIT: Perhaps it's The Cube. Interesting how in the EMH animated series, it was designated for those with Gamma radiation. And it was one of the sites reclaimed during the HYDRA uprising in AOS season 1. The bridge to the prison in the trailer was reminiscent of the bridge to the Triskelion in D.C., so could be a nod to that design schema.

Frog Man amuses me to no end, especially to see a lower-tier Supervillain or costumed character :D.
Frog Man spin off here we come. :p

EDIT: The firm Jenn works at is indeed from the comics.

lol, the saw blades are from Stark Industries.

Last edited:

the greenman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts