"Marvel Studios' Fantastic Four" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
fantasticfour.jpg

fantasticfourlogo2.jpg

Release date: July 25, 2025
May 2, 2025
February 14, 2025
November 8, 2024

At Comic-Con, Kevin Feige also teased as having plans for Fantastic Four and X-Men movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
So if that's the full Phase 4 slate, then I guess we won't see X-Men or FF until Phase 5, along with the other sequels :).

the greenman

Seems like we'd been hearing about Annihilus for awhile now. Basically, Fan4stic 2015 had the storyline of them getting powers there. I love the Hank Pym connection very much. I know a podcast suggested Jennifer Lawrence as Sue. Even though i do like the idea of husband & wife team John Krasinski & Emily Blunt.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Seems like we'd been hearing about Annihilus for awhile now. Basically, Fan4stic 2015 had the storyline of them getting powers there. I love the Hank Pym connection very much. I know a podcast suggested Jennifer Lawrence as Sue. Even though i do like the idea of husband & wife team John Krasinski & Emily Blunt.

I don't see Lawrence doing a big-budget Superhero movie again.

Frontier

Staff member
When she worked with Chris Pratt, she had responded to a reporters question on if she would work on a MCU film. She said she would love.

I guess that just goes to show how much things change when Fox is out of the equation :sweat:.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
BTW Here is what I think Phase 5 should be

Third 2023 Movie: Marvel's Fantastic Four (Yeah the original family of Marvel comics and honestly it's hard to say exactly how this movie should go besides you know being good and actually getting the four. I'm not sure I need for them in the world of the MCU to be like the first heroes as you could have them have an origin story or variation of it here though honestly I'd probably have the origin story be brief and them mostly focused on dealing with a new threat... and have it NOT BE DR. DOOM. You can have him in the movie and hint at stuff with him later on but for the first MCU Fantastic Four movie have the FF face another one of their Rogue's gallery to establish themselves in this universe.)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Makes you wonder what the thorough line is now or if they're going to do what DC did and just develop multiple properties in their own direction...although obviously still with continuity and tie-in's, particularly with the Disney+ series'.
I'm thinking the thorough line is "Thanos was the tip of the iceberg." :p

Frontier

Staff member
I'm thinking the thorough line is "Thanos was the tip of the iceberg." :p
In walks Kang "You thought you could use time travel to save the day? Well I've conquered time travel" :p.

Or next thing you know the Power Cosmic will come in and eclipse the Infinity Gauntlet :rolleyes2:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Or next thing you know the Power Cosmic will come in and eclipse the Infinity Gauntlet :rolleyes2:.
Exactly what I was thinking. It would be rather interesting if the first hint of it or Galactus would be in the Strange sequel like in an exposition sequence about the nature of the multiverse.

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm, well the first two are obvious, imo. July 29 could be the Captain Marvel sequel. May 3/10, 2024 is a new one. Doesn't necessarily preclude to be a big team movie since Widow is May 2020 and Strange is May 2021. Hmm.
Or one of the Fox properties since they seem to be saved for Phase 5 :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Or one of the Fox properties since they seem to be saved for Phase 5 :).
Would be gutsy if it will be for Fantastic Four.

Last edited:

the greenman

Maybe the original intent was to seed Nightmare.

Alot of so-called "insiders" claim things are in the works for the FF sooner rather than later. Only makes sense for Disney to want the "first family". They can only go up imho. I am very curious if Feige will keep them all traditionally Caucasian though. If they predated alot of other heroes in the MCU and we just never heard of them; I suspect they will probably stay their traditional ethnicity. I do worry, because if they steer too close to Ant-Man; expect the same kind of audience reaction. They probably need to lean more into harder science fiction than even Ant-Man did to keep it fresh. Honestly most of the MCU could use that a little more.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Didn't they cast outside of white for some of them in the last FF? There was Alba in the first 2 then I think Jordan was Johnny in the Trank one?

the greenman

Didn't they cast outside of white for some of them in the last FF? There was Alba in the first 2 then I think Jordan was Johnny in the Trank one?
If you look at Feige's track record he hasn't ever had a problem casting non-Caucasian actors for roles in Marvel films. Going back to Kerry Washington as Alicia Masters or Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin Eva Mendes as Roxanne Simpson. I'm sure Feige had a say in these casting decisions. Now personally, if the rumor of the FF having been around with Pym back in the 60's, I don't think it should be anyone other than a Caucasian group. I'm not even Caucasian, and I think they should just leave it alone.

Frontier

Staff member
Maybe the original intent was to seed Nightmare.
I could see that...
Yeah, the FF showing up in Phase 5 would be kind of ironic :p.
I can believe Marvel Studios will want any future film to feel as diverse as possible but I can see them avoiding race-bending after what happened with Fant4stic.

the greenman

I can believe Marvel Studios will want any future film to feel as diverse as possible but I can see them avoiding race-bending after what happened with Fant4stic.

Well, I just hope they cast correctly. Fant4stic was a "different strokes" issue. So Sue was adopted, that got on my nerves. Johnny should come off as a fun and dangerous but troulbed teenager.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts