"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas_Sora

Guys, I think we are approaching this saga in the wrong direction. It's too easy to guess that Doc Ock is the villain who put a great bounty on Spider-Man's head, but there are two other candidates:

+ Norman Osborn, as the Green Goblin: The explosion that reached him with the "green formula" clearly points to his debut as the Green Goblin. We know the Green Goblin was the key for the "Superior Spider-Man" to end and bring back the one and only amazing Spider-Man. He could be another candidate.

+ The Jackal: We already saw him making experiments with Spider-DNA, we already saw the Spider-Island, but if the Jackal has appeared here, there's another saga that can't be far away. And that is the Clone Saga. We have seen clones of Warren and the Jackal already, so there's no doubt he will try to clone Spider-Man next.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't know. I still find it weird they announced a bunch of guest-stars in the Press Release for the new Season, yet in the monthly highlights they didn't mention any guest-stars for these episodes (I mean the first two parts of "Bring on the Bad Guys", the final two parts do list 2 guest-stars).
I'm still expecting Overdrive's VA to be the Nascar driver, if only because it makes the most sense :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Marvel uploaded a preview clip, but it's the same one posted before in this thread, with Hippo and Panda-Mania.

However, the article on Marvel.com has some slightly different episode descriptions.
First, in "Bring on the Bad Guys Part One," a mystery villain puts a bounty out on Spider-Man's head, bringing on attacks by Panda-Mania, Hippo, and Overdrive.
Then, in "Bring on the Bad Guys Part Two," after The Spot gets the upper hand on Spider-Man, Anya Corazon has to step up and take responsibility for her great power as Spider-Girl.
"Marvel's Spider-Man" - "Bring on the Bad Guys Part One" and "Bring on the Bad Guys Part Two" airs Monday, July 30 from 6:30-7:30pm ET/PT on Disney XD.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The second preview clip posted before seemed to hint Spidey was fighting Mysterio more than Spot, so perhaps they'll both be in the episode. I find it kind of weird this log-line appears after Spot was announced at Comic-Con. Kind of makes me wonder if somehow Silvermane will end up being the one who put the bounty on Spidey's head.

thisguyisnotcool

Marvel uploaded a preview clip, but it's the same one posted before in this thread, with Hippo and Panda-Mania.

However, the article on Marvel.com has some slightly different episode descriptions.
I know descriptions don't always include context. But wouldn't the first person to help Peter in a tough spot be Miles? :p
Then again they always try to write around him

Mr.O

I know descriptions don't always include context. But wouldn't the first person to help Peter in a tough spot be Miles? :p
Lol, EXACTLY! This is exactly what I was thinking when I read this. First of all, why does Pete need outside help every time a bad guy looks at him funny? It kind of detracts from the problem solver aspect that is usually a core part of Spider-Man. Secondly, why isn't Miles enough help for this particular scenario? I guess we will just have to see.

Frontier

Staff member
Lol, EXACTLY! This is exactly what I was thinking when I read this. First of all, why does Pete need outside help every time a bad guy looks at him funny? It kind of detracts from the problem solver aspect that is usually a core part of Spider-Man. Secondly, why isn't Miles enough help for this particular scenario? I guess we will just have to see.
I'm really not sure how this show is going to be able to juggle 4 Spider-Heroes at once, although from the sounds of it they're going to write Spider-Man out to do it :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
July 28th:
I think most here were expecting this, but this Tweet pretty much confirms Ryan Blaney's role as Overdrive.
I love how they ask "Do you know who this is," because I doubt there are a lot of people who have any idea who Overdrive is :p.
July 29th:
J.M. DeMatteis wrote one of the episodes airing on Monday. I kind of doubt it could possibly be one of the scripts he mentioned he wrote earlier this year.
Assuming there's a Spider-Man cartoon still in production, I wonder if this was counted among the three episodes he said he wrote for it o_O?

Peter Parker

Short rant. I hate the negativity centered around this series. How can people say this show is awful when unlike the now much too praised Ultimate Spider-Man, it actually tries to stay true to the character's struggles, dorky attitude and dual-life dilemmas? Yeah, it's not perfect but it's decent. I'm just being irritable, I guess.

Roxas_Sora

Short rant. I hate the negativity centered around this series. How can people say this show is awful when unlike the now much too praised Ultimate Spider-Man, it actually tries to stay true to the character's struggles, dorky attitude and dual-life dilemmas? Yeah, it's not perfect but it's decent. I'm just being irritable, I guess.

I have nothing against the new series, personally. (Well, except I wanted Mary Jane to debut in person in Season 1). The problem is, if all the Marvel's animated series are going to end soon, I believe it would have been better to continue the stories from "Ultimate Spider-Man", "Avengers", "Agents of SMASH" and part of "Guardians of the Galaxy"; better than just trying a "reboot" continuity in 1 season of Avengers with Black Panther and 2 seasons changing completely Spider-Man's world.

It's like when they cancelled 90's Spider-Man at a very important part to start a new series (Spider-Man Unlimited) and end it with just one season. Or when they did "Spectacular Spider-Man" just to end it after 2 seasons with a lot of cliffhangers. These guys should try to think ahead.

brodie999

I have nothing against the new series, personally. (Well, except I wanted Mary Jane to debut in person in Season 1). The problem is, if all the Marvel's animated series are going to end soon, I believe it would have been better to continue the stories from "Ultimate Spider-Man", "Avengers", "Agents of SMASH" and part of "Guardians of the Galaxy"; better than just trying a "reboot" continuity in 1 season of Avengers with Black Panther and 2 seasons changing completely Spider-Man's world.

It's like when they cancelled 90's Spider-Man at a very important part to start a new series (Spider-Man Unlimited) and end it with just one season. Or when they did "Spectacular Spider-Man" just to end it after 2 seasons with a lot of cliffhangers. These guys should try to think ahead.
Agreed. I think it would've also been better if USM was renewed for a 5th season instead of making the new Spider-Man show. They would've shown more of Dr. Octopus's redemption arc, team-ups with Daredevil, the Fantastic Four and X-Men(not just Wolverine and the Thing), Harry becoming the Hobgoblin, recruiting the last of the SHIELD recruits:Gravity, Speedball and Echo and maybe even HYDRA finding a way to to reverse the effects of the Anti-Goblin serum in his blood serum in order to turn Norman Osborn back into the Goblin.

Roxas_Sora

Good thinking, but allow me to make a few "adjustments" to your ideas. Let's see:

+ I'm not entirely convinced of Doc Ock's redemption, although if they managed to do it with Norman Osborn, why not?
+ I'm not sure if Daredevil, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men would have been allowed to appear here. This story about the rights is a real pain in the neck.
+ Harry becoming the HobGoblin? Nah! Better thinking, he could become Anti-Venom again, joining the Web Warriors looking like Future Foundation Spider-Man, and his "Patrioteer" armor could be passed to either Alex (Rhino) or Adrien (Vulture).
+ Speedball, Gravity and Echo are definitely a topic that should have been resolved.
+ And turning Osborn into the Goblin again? It doesn't have sense with the Demo-Goblin from Miles Morales' reality on the loose. That is a Goblin way scarier than the local's Norman. However, the idea of another character becoming the HobGoblin (looking like the local Green Goblin but with different colors) would have been interesting. And how about Nightmare attacking Peter again, bringing to life his nightmares like the Goblin King?
+ The idea of Wolf-Spider returning somehow, now that would have been interesting.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I'm just tired of Spiderman being incompetent and always needing saving and other heroes looking down on him, especially when they're more incompetent and destructive (Tony Stark).

Frontier

Staff member
I'm just tired of Spiderman being incompetent and always needing saving and other heroes looking down on him, especially when they're more incompetent and destructive (Tony Stark).
I think I can count on two hands the number of times Spider-Man has been able to beat a main villain on his own without needing to get saved by another Spider, hero, or member of his supporting cast.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I feel as if Spec Spiderman is the only animated incarnation where he is a force to be reckoned with, and he should be the dude is probably the mot dangerous street level hero. He can lift 10 tons, dodge bullets at point blank range, can run over 40 mph and is a intellectual prodigy.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts