Misconceptions that you see about cartoons?

Goldstar!

Goofy Goober
I'm continually amazed by how many people thought that the title characters on Jim Henson's Muppet Babies were the offspring of the Muppet Show Players when the show is in fact a hypothetical flashback of the Muppets as children. I remember watching the show with my cousins and they would ask me "Who did Fozzie marry? "Who did Gonzo marry?" "Who did Rowlf marry?" and I would point out that they're not the Muppets' children, they're the Muppets as children. If the Muppet Babies were the children of the original Muppets, then that would make Baby Kermit and Baby Miss Piggy brother and sister, but when you watch the show, the 2 of them are clearly not related.

Silverstar

Let's Get Laffy!
I don't know if there have been adults who've mistaken He-Man and She-Ra as boyfriend and girlfriend, when they are brother and sister, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I remember both a local Baltimore based sketch comedy show called Crabs and the book Saturday Morning Fever by Tim and Greg Burke making the same quip about He-Man and She-Ra getting together and producing an offspring named She-Man, and both times it rang out to me how icky that whole idea was since Adam and Adora are in fact fraternal twins.

The Burkes also seemed to believe that Nancy and Chuck, the teen protagonists from Hanna-Barbera's Shazaan!, were a couple, when again they were in fact twin sister and brother.

Dantheman

I'm continually amazed by how many people thought that the title characters on Jim Henson's Muppet Babies were the offspring of the Muppet Show Players when the show is in fact a hypothetical flashback of the Muppets as children. I remember watching the show with my cousins and they would ask me "Who did Fozzie marry? "Who did Gonzo marry?" "Who did Rowlf marry?" and I would point out that they're not the Muppets' children, they're the Muppets as children. If the Muppet Babies were the children of the original Muppets, then that would make Baby Kermit and Baby Miss Piggy brother and sister, but when you watch the show, the 2 of them are clearly not related.
Kind of reminds me of the "Jim Henson's (blank) Babies" quips Joel Hodgsen would make on MST3K. He does know the show was called that because it was based and created from Jim Henson's IP, and not that he owned the right to infanthood?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Seth Rogen's dog is adorable
Looking forward to seeing the internet explode a SECOND time today at 5 pm EST (but seriously, I'm hyped for the new Mario Movie trailer!)
For example, Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9 had a disastrous launch and Yūji Naka's Balan Wonderworld became a one-time show for Balan and friends. Why the curse?
These days, some of the famous Japanese video game developers are disproportionally cursed.
I just watched "The Placebo Effect" from FX's Archer. [****] me, one of the best episodes ever. I haven't as much laughs watching an animated series for a while now. That Magnum PI parody is hilarious.

Featured Posts