Mortal Kombat (2011) Discussion Thread *Mature Content Warning*

SSJ Jake

Pony Sue is Pony
Also Grand Theft Auto IV is an exception as well, though the PS3 did eventually get the extra episodes.

As for Kabal it's not hard to tell that Netherrealm loves Star Wars, with Noob resembling Darth Vader and Kabal resembling a Tuskin Raider but with Vader's scarring and respirator. He looks more awesome then ever. I kind of hope one of his silly MK3 fatalities makes a return though, just for laughs.

Marvin Tikvah

I've been playing the demo all weekend on my PS3. Any skepticism I had of this game went straight out the window after a few hours with it.

The demo itself is really limited, with only two modes and 4 playable characters. Not to mention the game teases a battle with Goro that immediately transitions to a hype video. Nonetheless, it gives you enough of a sample to know what this game is shaping up to be. After the disappointment I had with MvC3, I'm glad to see another developer got the hang of making games accessible and not sacrifice the amount of depth that attracted players in the first place.

Don't worry too much about being intimidated by high level players either. This game is less about exploiting tiny frames of openings and more about keeping your opponent on the run. Not even blocking is enough to prevent certain non-special moves. Also, Johnny Cage makes it known that he's everyone's daddy.

SSJ Jake

Pony Sue is Pony
And the first two DLC characters are: the blind swordman Kenshi and glitch girl Scarlet.

I don't see why they didn't just use Khameleon instead of creating a new character. She was pretty much the same thing as Scarlet.

Scarlet sounds more like a female Ermac to me (red attire, originally a glitch/rumored glitch, fandom pretty much created them, etc) though Scarlet actually existed before being an official character. I wonder if this means we'll also be getting Hornbuckle as DLC. Should be interesting with the choices they make.

Desensitized

Old School!
Kenshi was the best post-MK3 character, so I'd probably grab him. Normally I could see complaints about DLC characters in a fighting game, but when you already get so much bang for your buck with all the stuff this game features, this stuff really is extra. It is kind of weird that Rain (the only trilogy character left) wasn't included, though.

Don't worry too much about being intimidated by high level players either. This game is less about exploiting tiny frames of openings and more about keeping your opponent on the run. Not even blocking is enough to prevent certain non-special moves. Also, Johnny Cage makes it known that he's everyone's daddy.
So it wasn't just me? Because while I was doing alright with the other three, Johnny Cage was in a league of his own. I was doing crazy combos with him within a few matches.

It really is a great demo in that it successfully hyped me up for this more than I thought it would.

Desensitized

Old School!
The final game roster has finally come out including a hidden character we have yet to see in screens:

mk9select.jpg

That's a good selection of kharacters.

SSJ Jake

Pony Sue is Pony
Awesome roster.

I can identify most of the roster, but who are those between Noob & Sektor, Baraka & Raiden and Cyber Sub-zero & Quan Chi?

Edit: Right the one between Cyborg Sub and Quan Chi is Sheeva.

Desensitized

Old School!
It looks like all the unlockable and DLC characters will be in the extra slots at the bottom corners of the select screen.

Awesome roster.

I can identify most of the roster, but who are those between Noob & Sektor, Baraka & Raiden and Cyber Sub-zero & Quan Chi?

Edit: Right the one between Cyborg Sub and Quan Chi is Sheeva.
Human Smoke, Kabal, and yeah, Sheeva.

Rain is the only missing character so far. the bosses are still rumored to be unlockable right now.

Eddy

there's a chicken on my head
I went a pre-ordered this for the PS3 (my friends are getting it on PS3 for Kratos, I'm getting it so I can play with them). I originally wasn't planning on getting it as I played very little Mortal Kombat growing up. I was an SNES kid so we were stuck with the tame Mortal Kombat so I really only got to play it in the arcades every now and then. But the demo really got me interested so I figured why the hell not?

Kindness King

Downloaded the demo last Sunday and I'm loving it. The combo system, damage graphics, and the more simpler fatalities are awesome. Can't wait to see what the story mode is like. I'm kind of hoping it'll be more than just having the character's backstory, then their fight with their rival, and the endings like with Street Fighter 4; but I'm sure the game will be superb either way.

Desensitized

Old School!
I'm going to a MK event the Monday before this game comes out. It was $5 entry, and I couldn't pass it up, since we never get things like this up here.

The 360 version doesn't get a new character but it does get arenas, modes, some Avatar stuff and free Skarlett DLC.
Somehow I don't think this is true, but either way I preordered the 360 version today. My 360 friends list is way bigger than my PS3 one, so it only seemed right. Also, don't really give a crap about Kratos.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts