Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (News And Discussion Thread)

SweetShop209

During the first half of this year, there will be a movie based on the Mortal Kombat video games. It's called Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge. It's written by Jeremy Adams, directed by Ethan Spaulding, and produced by Jim Krieg, Rick Morales, and Sam Register. Wes Gleason is the voice director. The voice cast is as follows:

Joel McHale as Johnny Cage

Jennifer Carpenter as Sonya Blade

Jordan Rodrigues as Lui Kang

Patrick Seitz as Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi

Steve Blum as Sub-Zero

Artt Butler as Shang Tsung

Darin De Paul as Quan Chi

Robin Atkin Downes as Kano

David B. Mitchell as Raiden

Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs

Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro

Grey DeLisle Griffin as Kitana and Satoshi Hasashi

Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer

The plot isn't known yet, but this will be updated when more news comes. I haven't played Mortal Kombat, but there's potential.

5YearsOnEastCoast

So is this going to be released in theaters or is it direct to DVD. Also it seems sort of weird to announce it so late if it will premiere in first half this year.

Now I didn't play much of Mortal Kombat, but I do have general knowledge that it is a very brutal fighting game. Also I noticed that this will be first non horror movie for the studio that is making this movie.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

I'm pretty sure it's a DVD movie considering it has people involved with WB Animation, not Warner Animation Guild. If there is a theatrical release, it would most likely be limited. I expect a release sometime during Wonder Con.

Could be fun but casting McHale in the lead role makes me think they might be taking a more comedic approach. I know in the games the characters taunt each other and deliver jabs before and after the match but hopefully they don't do it constantly in the film.

SweetShop209

To anyone who has played Mortal Kombat, are there any voice actors reprising their roles here?

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
To anyone who has played Mortal Kombat, are there any voice actors reprising their roles here?

Steve Blum and Patrick Seitz are reprising their roles of Sub-Zero and Scorpion, respectively, from the video games, while Kevin Michael Richardson will be reprising his role as the voice of Goro from the original live-action movie.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
This looks pretty darn good, like the DC DTV films. Heck, I wish we'd get more video game films like this; I feel like they have more potential than live action theatrical adaptions.

SweetShop209

Wasn't it mentioned that one of the people who created the games is a consultant here? That definitely helps out.
This looks pretty darn good, like the DC DTV films. Heck, I wish we'd get more video game films like this; I feel like they have more potential than live action theatrical adaptions.

SweetShop209

When looking in the description of the WB trailer, it mentions the movie coming out on April 12 (digital) and April 28 (DVD).

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
If Warner Bros. is going to do this and Batman/TMNT they should be talking to Mattel to set up the Justice League vs. MOTU animated movie. They could easily turn that around into an animated feature.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Looks good but nothing about the animation really wows me so far.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts