"Ms. Marvel (Disney+ Limited Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this series

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Seeing Red" - Though I do get the point of this episode and of where it's going and though I don't think it's particularly bad or anything, I do feel this has the Moon Knight problem of "once you establish a location for a couple of episodes it does throw you off when you are suddenly on another location." And in a way this feels even wonkier because unlike Moon Knight where you hadn't really established a supporting cast so if the main players were traveling you didn't need to check in with everyone else, there was a fair amount of time dedicated to characters like Bruno and Nakia in the last couple of episodes that having them cut out here does feel a bit wrong. Probably does hurt a bit that the characters we get here instead aren't nearly as interesting. Though having some cool moves Waleed is pretty much the exposition guy here to say "yeah the Clan Destined are from another reality that if you open for them will wind up swallowing this one" and though I appreciate pointing out there are various multiple realities folding on top of earth (since again ties into stuff like Shang Chi) he honestly doesn't have much a presence so his apparent death during the chase doesn't hold much water. I guess Kareem is better as I admit I really did like his introductory fight with Kamala and the biggest laugh of this episode was her actually cooly catching that dagger and trying to throw it back and horribly missing and the two just looking at it was great and they have cute banter but... what is this Kamala potential love interest #3 now? We already have Bruno and then Kamran (as I guess the whole point of Damage control capturing the Clan Destined was to separate them from him... maybe they will do more later but yeah that whole showing the prison felt really empty when they instantly escape it in that same scene pretty easily) so have yet another guy she forms a bond running around in does feel a bit much. I guess they don't have any romantic chemistry or anything yet as even that beach scene was probably pretty platonic but it still feels like they are giving her another guy to sort of glomp onto during scenes which feels a bit much. And also speaking of Moon Knight though I get the importance, this is yet another series where at the end of the "second act" the hero winds up going to some alternate time/space which i guess this was at least built up more then the whole "insane asylum afterlife" but you can feel the stretching of this story out. Seriously these kind of "oh this important fantastical object has something to tell you... but is being super vague about it and you have to go on a quest to find that out" is starting to grate on me especially again having already dealt with this in the last series.

Still again this wasn't an awful installment. Though the beginning exposition of "here's why the family is here with Kamala despite her not telling them what's going on" I do actually like showing the culture and history of Pakistan here. And I am glad we got some scenes actually showing off the characters like Kamala going around with her cousins not realizing the whole "no jeans allowed" rule coming back to bite her or even getting the directions from that guy who took her picture. And I do like that yeah her Grandmother is more upfront now that she's here about the bangal and what exactly is going on and at least talking about still finding her place and not being in a rush for it feels like wise sagely advice a grand mother would give and helps the bond plus I do like Kamala training with her powers. Yeah super stretch and embiggening probably are cooler powers but I have to admit I like how creative they are being with these travel along energy constructs like opponents following her along or using them as defense to roll away or stepping on on and dropping another so someone falls. And hey one thing I will give credit to as this episode actually does give a reason why Kamala still isn't telling Muneeba about what's been going on with her; apparently Sana did recall being saved and what happened and would tell these stories making their family a laughing stock that obviously gave Muneeba issues that yeah Kamala doesn't want to put her mom through. See that's something that logically you could easily poke holes in it considering the characters like in a post avengers world where if you do have something super natural you can probably show proof of it and people will believe you but it's one of those emotional scars you do get why the characters would be hesistant to bring it up. And I do like between the scene of Muneeba and Sana as well as then Kamala and Muneeba you do get that Kamala having to tell her mom the truth and Muneeb realizing what Sana said was real is going to be a good moment when it does pop up in the next two episodes so the build up to it works. Plus though the ending battle scene wasn't that great I do appreciate Kamala and Kareem standing their ground and Najia getting so fed up with seeing others get taken out she stabs the bangel which sends Kamala back in time. Hopefully the entire episode won't be focused on that next time but should be where we get most of the answers of this story and then can wrap up this whole plotline in a sense next next week.

Still probably the weakest so far. I guess that is a problem with these Marvel shows especially the ones that start strong since it is one major story that the middle act would be the weakest but it wasn't horrible as a good percentage of it still worked for me and yeah this show still hasn't sunken to the lows of some of the worst ep of Disney Plus MCU content. Hopefully though it's finale two pick up the slack some to have a really solid conclusion also focusing back on some of the characters not really even appearing in this one.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ok, I like the grounded approach that Kamala and Muneeba take a flight to Karachi under the pretext that Sana isn't doing well. Would have a been much if Kamala finds out her bangle can teleport there or something. But taking a fish out of water and putting her in a new location advances her arc, the episode still felt... idk overstuffed and slowed down when maybe it should be barreling towards the finale.

Whoa, so Sana is loaded... and Muneeba gave all that up to move to the US I guess. Liked the moment when the aunt mentioned Muneeba was a rebel when they discussed Kamala's name. Dug the parallelism of mothers+daughters issues running in the family as well as it's not just Kamala grappling with the theme of the fractured identity. Visualized so well with Sana's art room, the talk between Sana and Muneeba, the man stuck sitting between Kamala and Muneeba in the plane. Kamala's banter with the cousins was interesting. Again showing the divide culturally and generational. And building on how "lost" Kamala is at this point in her life and finding a purpose.

Hey, that Supermax in the She-Hulk trailer! Ok, so it turned out to be Damage Control's prison facility. Should have observed a six feet rule. :p They got to work on their security protocols though. I guess that's why there's still crime in the US, lol. That was cold for Kamran to get dumped.

Pretty neat there's a secret society that opposes the ClanDestine and further slow burn about the Noor Dimension and the implications of opening the portal are as disastrous as implied last week. Hmm, so I guess Noor is to the Noor Dimension as Quantum Energy is to the Quantum Realm. And another piece of her super suit achieved and some training! Also lol, another teen boy to flirt with. The Ninja Turtles reference made me chuckle given how its origins tie to Marvel Comics. Funniest bit was Kamala doing that awful dagger throw - a remainder that she's still really just a kid in the MCU not a full on superhero. I guess the ClanDestine were loaded enough to somehow quickly get to Karachi...

I guess next episode will answer what happened to Aisha since I guess that's Aisha's memories Kamala is seeing that got unlocked by contact with a Noor weapon...

While I'm fine with world-building and mythology taking place over a few episodes rather than jammed into just one, the pace still felt disjointed and not really feeling the ClanDestine as the series big bad yet. But I guess when The Marvels comes out, I'll probably look back on this series in a better light and be glad Kamala had her own series and introduction prior as well as Monica in WandaVision.

EDIT: There was more about the Order of Red Daggers but got cut for time.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Ms. Marvel "Seeing Red"

I think the nicest thing about this show is how it normalizes and familiarizes the viewer with both Muslim and Pakistani culture. In most Western media before this, both of those things were portrayed as something to fear. But Kamala noshing with a group of friends, or Mrs. Khan massaging her mother's legs are relatable ideas for EVERYONE in the audience, no matter their religion. The fact that normalcy is so abnormal here is something that really should shame producers of TV shows like Homeland and 24. It feels nice, and authentic, and allows the viewer to see into the culture and what is going on outside their world.

Personally, I think the bad Djinn are stupid. Hear me out. Kamala was going to help them. Knowing Kamala, she would have done so even after learning about the mortal risk to herself. If the bad Djinn lose this war, it's because they turned on Kamala when there was literally no reason to, especially considering they've already been stuck on Earth for 80 years. It's not like they were suddenly on a clock. Turning on Kamala when they did is the move of a sloppy or stupid villain, not one who has been around 80 years. To be perfectly honest, that it not just a failing for the Djinn. It's a failing of the writers for not having the sense to take all of those things into account when crafting this specific plotline.

On the whole, even if the Djinn's motives range from nonsensical to bad written, and although Kamala's powers aren't as fun as they are in the cartoons, I enjoyed the tour of Pakistan. It was refreshing in its positivity and I loved it for that. So I'm grading the episode accordingly. ****.

Frontier

Staff member
Time for the Karachi story! Happening much earlier than it did in the comics, and Kamala's not flying solo this time, but just like in the comics it's a pivotal moment for Kamala as she's at a crossroads in her life, identity, and burgeoning Superhero career :).

Kamala's wearing her mask! And she even gets a vest that hearkens to her inevitable color scheme. They're really making good progression to her proper costume I wonder if Bruno has the final suit ready :)?

Kamala's growing Harem of cute boys has now added Kareem AKA Red Dagger! And while he and Kamala start off on the wrong foot, they get that bickering sexual tension you see in adventure movies going on and seem surprisingly in-sync personality wise. Not a bad adaption of their dynamic in the comics :anime:.

I guess Kamala's resolution with Nakia will have to wait until maybe the next episode :sad:.

I wasn't expecting them to turn Red Dagger from a home-grown Karachi Superhero into a full-blown secret society of legacy heroes with their own secret base, but I guess Kamala needed more exposition and training :sweat:.

Of course the Djinn's plan to go back to their dimension will inevitably destroy the entire world. Can't have Kamala's debut involve something as simple as someone trying to take over Jersey or kidnapping runaway kids, no we have to deal with the world possibly ending and being replaced by another dimension. Gotta love that MCU threat scaling :rolleyes:.

So I guess normal superpowered criminals with no political or public attention get sent to the Damage Control Supermax facility when taken into custody. Granted there are barely any surviving villains or costumed criminals in this universe so other than Abomination there's probably only, like, 3-4 named characters who could end up in said prison :rolleyes2:.

Jeez, those Damage Control guards sure roughed up Kamran and the Clan Destine. Like, if he had shocked Kamran and called him a "dirty Mutie" would anyone be surprised? I wonder if this is more indication of a growing undercurrent of anti-enhanced or powered people to shift the Marvel Universe into a world that would hate and fear Mutants, although I'm not sure if in a post-Avengers world the citizens would have much reason to act like this...although superpowered people have screwed up the world a lot :ack:.

Oof. Tough break for Kamran that his own family basically abandons him for siding with Kamala. Will he betray Kamala to get back in his family's good graces :confused:?

The Clan Destine continue to...exist. Like, there's really not much for me to say about them other than their antagonists of Ms. Marvel because that's pretty much all they are. They're not really developed, they don't have much to remember them by other than individual weapons you really don't get to see much of, and they immediately escalated to trying to kill Kamala far faster than seemed believable. I mean, we've got two more episodes left so I'm not completely writing them off, but compared to the quirky and more topical villains of Kamala's comic, the Clan Destine feels out of place. Like I can't see a lot of people by the end of the series going "man, I wish we had gotten more Clan Destine!" They're kind of reminding me of the Flag-Smashers :(.

Lot of surprise family drama...Kamala's grandpa left her grandma (presumably because she was so in her head regarding whatever she saw from the bangle and what happened to her own mother) and Muneeba always felt like she was more focused on her theories than focusing on raising her :oops:.

Wow, more people have died in this episode than in the entire comic book run of Ms. Marvel (I think). Like, we even had Red Dagger killing a guy by stabbing him in the back. That...that really kind of took me out of it. Is Kamala going to end up killing the Clan Destine? Would she be okay with it like most MCU heroes? I hope not :eek:.

Looks like the bangle is giving Kamala a vision of Partition to see what really happened to Aisha, and already it's clear that peoples' claims about how bad Partition was were on the money :crying:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
MsMarvellogo.jpg

Episode 5 "Time and Again" - July 6, 2022
The bangle reveals to Kamala secrets about her family lineage, as well as the truth behind the Veil.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

"Time And Again" - Okay the writer of this episode actually before it came out pointed out "I know this one is going to be divisive and people are going to have issues with it" which kind of tells me there was going to be some major swerve or issue with this one that felt off with typical even MCU shows. Like some can have slow start and kind of saggy middles but you don't typically see someone warn people about one of the potential ending chapters. However having seen this episode I get the warning and though there are some good points about this episode and aspects I did like... this probably is and will be the weakest episode of Miss Marvel and unless you're either a history buff or care a lot about Aisha's story won't really get much out of.

Okay let's talk about this first; awhile back Watchmojo made a list of the worst MCU Villains and included the Flag Smashers on it. Which though I do have issues with the Flag Smashers I at least felt not only were a decent enough threat but had enough moments to at least have some sort of interesting ideals and were in the show enough that I get why they were put in besides "we need more action scenes." The Clan Destined... are probably the WORST VILLAINS EVER IN THE MCU! I was willing to give them a bit more of the benefit of the doubt at first with them in episode 3 as the idea behind them made sense and figured "well we'll get more of them to know what they're story is" but... nope we aren't! They die here and the only thing we specifically find out about them is that Najama stabbed Aisha and that's how she died and... that's it. Like seriously this series if they wanted us to care about them or at least get them more needed to actually show flashbacks of that Noor dimension from their perspective to get more why they'd want to get back even if there was potential for so much horror. Like we don't even know how they got separated in the first place it just happened and... that is really lame. Especially since Wenwu/Mandarin in Shang Chi had such a compelling story on why he wanted to go to Ta Lo and his connection there that... this series really needed. Especially if they're spending so much time making that comparison to Partition and people having racial issues with others so... show it with others also separated from their homes and explain how they got here. Like this episode was 30 something minutes if they were really dedicated to spending so much time in the past like they were (more on that later) dedicate more time to getting more on Aisha and her connection with Najara and the others to at least give... SOMETHING to these guys. But nope, we don't really get anything. Najara apparently is a short sighted idiot who stabbed Aisha and then waited 70 something years finally lucking into Kamala and... then short sighted went to blood lust again and pretty much doomed her entire clan. I do feel the battles with them weren't terrible but that's pretty much all these guys were; a couple of battles and to set up going here more and giving Kamran powers before they just die. And quite honestly Najama's sacrifice when you know so little about her fails to mean anything with how it's presented. It's just "oh hey it's that thing I wanted for so long oh wait looks like it's killing us well now I guess I need to sacrifice myself- and I'm skeleton dead now" and that is so lame. In Multiverse of Madness Wanda's sacrifice worked because we not only had time building up her motivation but really saw her realize her error and what she needed to do to try and make amends on some level but you don't get that at all here because so little time was spent with these guys. I guess technically that's because they aren't the main villains which on some level I do like on the other hand that means the main villains are going to be Damage Control and... see how that goes next week but I don't think they're going to make for compelling antagonists either.

I also have major issues with how this was presented taking up so much time on the relationship between Aisha and Hasan. See again if we actually got a sense of what Aisha's world was like and who she was before really meeting Hasan and then seeing their love bloom for one another and that resulted in her being fine being separated from her home and just having a normal life with their family then I wouldn't mind the time spent on that. But... the team instead chose to let's face it to instead spend all that time on the BORING and most cliched elements of this sort of story; Aisha being aloof and indifferent at first then Hasan winning her over with his charm and kindness and the two falling in love and having a family and... yeah no. I get that the point is to show the closeness of family but that really only works for the main or at least living characters of a story or if you can find interest with the tale as it's being presented. Having it in Partition and having that newscap announcer talk about the history of it and the horror of it and then spending so much time on the family just... doing this sort of basic story doesn't really generate interest. You either need to give general more history on this kind of thing or be much more to the point about it. Everyone whose seen the Hey Arnold Christmas special remembers Mr Hyunh's backstory with his daughter that quite honestly had 20 times the emotion of this despite only being a fraction of the space. Because we were able to get the tragedy and know what was at stake and yeah not without the history but... you could of still had that backstory and then just show the actual stuff on the train without needing to see how the family met. Especially with how annoyingly vague even till the end Aisha was being about everything. I'm also getting really tired of these characters being vague about these sort of stories so seeing even when she showed the glowing bangle her be that away about it I just rolled my eyes annoyed at that and quite honestly wasn't really entertained or interested in really any part of this backstory as it failed to properly connect these characters in an interesting way. I guess Hasan's actor is a bit charming but it's not unique enough to get swept up even in his injury and yeah him crying over his kid is sad but... again too much time spent on just the most basic emotions without going into the history or intrigue. Maybe the team weren't allowed to go into the history of the Noor for some reason due to wanting to explain more about Kamala in the Marvels but it still makes THIS part of the story weak and hard to really get into.

I will admit though things did pick up a bit once Kamala FINALLY got back into this story (seriously that's another issue; if you're going to spend like half the episode away from your main character and really any of the main cast it had better feel like a good time sink which this didn't) as I do actually like the reveal that it wasn't Aisha who actually saved her daughter as she didn't have any powers. Rather the power of the bangle was only truly obtained through the familiar connection with the relatives thus how Kamala and Sana were the ones who really did that in the past. This is one of those points that yeah Encanto also did better but I do still like the idea. I admit I realized how much I missed the family just hearing Muneeba hear about the spy ware you could do to track someone on their phone and she went "and people are only telling me about this NOW?" and yeah that was funny. And though the Clan Destined suck as villains I admit I didn't see their plot getting wrapped up in this ep and probably for the best since they suck as villains and I also like how it is their own fault for what happened. And that whole rift to the Noor dimension was sealed... maybe that will be a problem somewhere else probably not this series though as the last ep is I'm sure going to fully head back to Jersey but yeah that's all taken care of. And it makes sense Kamala would try to apply reason to these guys as I even like her line of "you killed Aisha and left her family alone are you really going to do the same thing to YOUR family" proving her big heart but yeah Najama realized her screw up and... though doesn't redeem her character at least it finally closes this whole. And I am glad that we do see Muneeba finally realize that Kamala has powers and it connecting the family more as well. I do hope we at least see a glimpse of Munbeeba having powers as well since Sana does but I do appreciate that secret being outed and that joke on how Muneeba was a rebel for Bon Jovi as a kid. Like that's also a shamlty family moment but as I like and know Kamala's family that makes sense. The good bye with Red Dagger was... eh but I guess hints he'll be around somewhere down the line for all.. two fans of him here.

I admit I was worried with how this one ended that they were going to have Kamran be a villain who goes and tries taking out Bruno to get back at Kamala but... no again Damage Control is going to be the big bad. And I actually do like Kamran realizing "wait your name ISN'T Brian? Oh my bad" and the two sort of bonding at the end when Damage Control is more after them. So again battle with the drones at the end wonder how that will go but yeah that was fine. However most of the episode was the flashback so... most of this episode sucks. I'd probably honestly put this with Loki episode 3 or the What If Zombies episodes as the worst of the MCU Disney Plus show episodes I've seen as man I did not really like this. I'm sure the series will have a better ending now that this clan destined nonsense is done and we now will finally get to show off Miss Marvel as a full on super hero (BTW showing her lightning bolt symbol with the mother and grand mother was cute) next time but this was a bad ep too focused on the past with boring characters engaged in the most stock boring plot they could do and quickly wiping out the who turn out to be worst villains not done in that interesting a way to finally get to the people we care about.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Ms. Marvel "Time And Again"

The producers of the series promised the penultimate episode of the season (series?) would be taking a huge risk, and they weren't kidding. The first half of the episode is essentially a decades earlier flashback with NONE of our main characters present. When Lost pulled a similar move in its third to last episode, it was similarly nuts (and poorly received by the fans, by the way). I think streaming has made audiences much more receptive to this kind of storytelling. Plus, it helps that unlike "Beyond The Sea", the main characters eventually DO show up, and it becomes the show again. It's a risk, but not as big or as polarizing a one as Carlton Cuse took.

I am both surprised and happy that Mrs. Khan took Kamala being Light Girl much better than I figured she would. When she's asking why she had never heard of spyware for parents before this, that was a bit more on-brand to me for that character.

Kamran genuinely thought Bruno's name was Brian. That is simultaneously embarrassing, pathetic, and endearing. Just knowing he wasn't doing it on purprose after all makes me like him more.

That was something for sure. I liked it. Risks are good, especially when they pay off (like here). ****.

Frontier

Staff member
We now take a beak from your usual Ms. Marvel adventures to bring you Partition: The Aisha Story o_O.

Kamala's great-grandma was like your typical tough, no-nonsese, warrior type until she met Kamala's great-grandfather...and poetry has a way into the human heart :anime:.

I'm kind of reminded of one of the last G. Willow Wilson Ms. Marvel stories where she showed Kamala's ancestors meeting and how she wanted to imagine it was something as simple as two people falling in love. Which her grandma even said in the episode :).

Jeez, the Clan Destine have, like, no patience...they immediately jump to ultimatums and murder the moment they have a chance to get back home no matter the cost. Like, not even a care that they just straight up murdered one of their own only a short time after reuniting. I'm reminded of how unnecessarily the Flag-Smashers escalated :confused:.

I know Kamala kind of time-traveled in the comics when her powers were on the fritz but it still feels kind of weird seeing her time-travel back to Partition, meet her great-grandmother, and basically help fulfill her own origin story. I think I kind of would've just preferred she just watch how everything happened through the bangle than being involved herself :(.

Well, so much for the Clan Destine who continue to be one of the weakest MCU villains. I mean, why did the portal even kill them? What did she do to close the portal? I didn't even buy that Kamala's speech got through to her because it was so quickly paced and after she had spent so much time trying to kill Kamala for the chance to go home, even at the cost of destroying the world. And then she somehow gives Kamran his comic powers? It just wasn't developed or written all that well :shrug:.

I don't know what's funny....Muneeba discovering how to find Kamala through "parental spyware" or how she immediately noticed the boy next to Kamala. At least she took finding out about Kamala's powers well :p.

"I'm going to have to warn all the other Red Daggers who are totally off-screen...and that guy you only knew for, like, two scenes last episode would totally be proud of you!" Also I guess Kareem being a wanted fugitive means they won't adapt him transferring to Kamala's school like in the comics :oops:.

If anyone was wondering how they would come up with Kamala's lightning symbol since MCU Carol has never been associated it...well, her broken necklace just happens to look like one. Convenient ;).

I gotta admit, I genuinely thought Kamran was just screwing with Bruno the whole time with the "Brian" thing, but maybe that's just because I never expected them to not make Kamran a complete tool like he is in the comics. Although I wonder if he'll blame Kamala for what happened to his family so he ends up being the final boss :ack:?

DoDC continues to be the absolute worst, basically firing on a civilians and attacking a private residence with no warning via the Edith drones. Is this going to continue to be a running theme with them? It's definitely not a very good luck. I'd hate to imagine how they would react to the very idea of Mutants existing :eek:.

I wonder if they're going to give Bruno his severe comic injuries from the Civil War II arc? Once again the result of a miscarriage of justice :mad:. .

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I was fine with and knew episode 5 would end up being the flashback episode but the element of temporary time travel was an interesting one. Glad they gave a bit more on Aisha, her love story, choosing family, how she died, meeting Kamala, and Kamala ending up being the one who guided Sana back to her father. Interesting how the story parallels the love story in Shang-Chi considering the connections fans are speculating with the rings and the bangles and civilizations in other dimensions, etc.

Ultimately, I'll agree with what said already - ClanDestine is the MCU's lamest villains. Didn't bother showing their point of view and made Najma look even more incompetent and one dimensional. The one answer we didn't get is why they got banished to Earth in the first place and that would have probably given ClanDestine more volume. So when Fariha and Najma perished, I felt only relief that they won't be around anymore to drag down the show.

What I did love, was Muneeba's reaction to Kamala being Night Girl, Sana showing off teen Muneeba photos, Kamala's shock her mom was a rebel, and the three generations coming to a good place.

Man, I really hope Damage Control gets some sort of censorship from a congressional panel for their incompetence and causing collateral damage themselves. Instead of cleaning up after others like their function is, they're causing it!

Hope to see more of Bruno, Nakia, Sheikh Abdullah, Yusuf, and Aamir.

I mean, why did the portal even kill them? What did she do to close the portal?
It was an unstable portal because they only had one bangle and not two. Heading to an unstable portal here leads to instant death. Shocker. Not.

And then she somehow gives Kamran his comic powers? It just wasn't developed or written all that well :shrug:.
Was it their nod to Terrigen Mist? In any case, at the moment of death, a Noor can pass their noor onto someone or something else. Aisha passed it onto her bangle, hence why her "What you seek seeks you" credo becomes inscribed in the bangle. Najma passes her noor onto Kamran which activates a super power (or he can do what Kamala can do but without a bangle?),

Although I wonder if he'll blame Kamala for what happened to his family so he ends up being the final boss :ack:?
Ugh, I hope not. He's got a level head doesn't he?

DoDC continues to be the absolute worst, basically firing on a civilians and attacking a private residence with no warning via the Edith drones. Is this going to continue to be a running theme with them? It's definitely not a very good luck. I'd hate to imagine how they would react to the very idea of Mutants existing :eek:.
Feels like the DoDC will be the final bad next week. I'm curious how they'll close the search for Night Girl and/or find out she's Kamala. And if we're in for any surprise cameos or not. While Ms. Marvel almost had the same structure as Moon Knight. least likely person gets thrust into the world of super heroics, a big flashback episode in the penultimate but in this case, Ms. Marvel's episode 6 feels like it could be a lot of housekeeping/an extended epilogue.

Neo Ultra Mike

Plus, it helps that unlike "Beyond The Sea", the main characters eventually DO show up, and it becomes the show again. It's a risk, but not as big or as polarizing a one as Carlton Cuse took.

"Beyond The Sea" in context is admittedly a much worse episode. Granted in a sense it's one people were actually asking for more wanting an actual origin for Jacob and "The Man In Black" but it horribly punted that in how it presented the characters making the one whose supposed to be the villain wayyyyyyyyyy more sympathetic then the one whose supposed to be more heroic. And it's not supposed to be ironic either as the villain character is supposed to be the main villain of the series you want to see defeated so pulling that there felt like the wrong choice. At least here it was giving a more thought through explanation over what happened to a presented character whose twist made sense though yeah I still didn't feel it was presented well. I feel like I'm in more a minority on this point of view and hey if you did get something more from this episode then me fair enough, but this was still better placed then what Lost did. Granted Lost at least ran longer and had already done episodes totally not focused on the main heroes before this while this is a limited series meant for only one hero but still came together better.

You know this does make me realize whatever the previous plans were for Damage Control in the MCU have drastically changed because weren't they supposed to at one point get their own series? Maybe it was just an ABC show (back when those were a thing) but I'm pretty sure they were suppose to be more heroic or at least more neutral then how villainous they've become now. But I think as things changed someone realized "you know we probably should have some other government group in to be more generally antagonistic that could maybe tie into other things like say The Thunderbolts" or something like that. Which also makes me think this could end possibly with Val trying to recruit Kamran for that... probably not going to happen but just an idea that sprang off from the top of my head.

While Ms. Marvel almost had the same structure as Moon Knight. least likely person gets thrust into the world of super heroics, a big flashback episode in the penultimate but in this case, Ms. Marvel's episode 6 feels like it could be a lot of housekeeping/an extended epilogue.

Hopefully Miss Marvel has a less anti climatic ending then Moon Knight did which sort of worked within that show but I do agree with some of the people who had a problem with it. Something Moon Knight though does have over this show is that it had a much better episode 5 as the focus and backstory in Moon Knight's second to last episode was actually directly related to the main character and their journey. Not one of their ancestor they only helped with but of their emotional and mental issues we spent a lot of time on getting to know and form a connection with that made it mean something and made spending that time feel more impactful then here. Well in my opinion though I don't know anyone yet whose claimed this flashback is better then the one in Moon Knight cause... I would so not agree with that.

Frontier

Staff member
I was fine with and knew episode 5 would end up being the flashback episode but the element of temporary time travel was an interesting one. Glad they gave a bit more on Aisha, her love story, choosing family, how she died, meeting Kamala, and Kamala ending up being the one who guided Sana back to her father. Interesting how the story parallels the love story in Shang-Chi considering the connections fans are speculating with the rings and the bangles and civilizations in other dimensions, etc.
And it ends much more happier, yet still bittersweet...
Ultimately, I'll agree with what said already - ClanDestine is the MCU's lamest villains. Didn't bother showing their point of view and made Najma look even more incompetent and one dimensional. The one answer we didn't get is why they got banished to Earth in the first place and that would have probably given ClanDestine more volume. So when Fariha and Najma perished, I felt only relief that they won't be around anymore to drag down the show.
They're as unceremoniously handled as Starforce and the Flag-Smashers...which isn't a great comparison :sweat:.
What I did love, was Muneeba's reaction to Kamala being Night Girl, Sana showing off teen Muneeba photos, Kamala's shock her mom was a rebel, and the three generations coming to a good place.
I wonder if Muneeba was maybe a little too accepting of her being a Superhero, given what we had seen of her prior, although maybe they haven't fully explored how this effects their relationship. But at least things are more positive now :).
Man, I really hope Damage Control gets some sort of censorship from a congressional panel for their incompetence and causing collateral damage themselves. Instead of cleaning up after others like their function is, they're causing it!
Superheroes barely have any oversight other than each other and even the organization that's supposed to oversee them is terrible :(.
Hope to see more of Bruno, Nakia, Sheikh Abdullah, Yusuf, and Aamir.
I did notice that we've gone two episodes without 90% of the supporting cast. Which feels kind of weird o_O.
It was an unstable portal because they only had one bangle and not two. Heading to an unstable portal here leads to instant death. Shocker. Not.

Was it their nod to Terrigen Mist? In any case, at the moment of death, a Noor can pass their noor onto someone or something else. Aisha passed it onto her bangle, hence why her "What you seek seeks you" credo becomes inscribed in the bangle. Najma passes her noor onto Kamran which activates a super power (or he can do what Kamala can do but without a bangle?),
Okay...honestly I had almost forgotten about the second bangle because the characters already seem to have forgotten about it. It just felt like they didn't do a great job of executing/explaining everything, especially with how quick the pacing has been :sad:.

Although I guess they'll probably explain Kamran's power in the last episode :shrug:.
Ugh, I hope not. He's got a level head doesn't he?
Compared to the comic? Yeah, but he was also deluded enough to think his mom was going to come back for him so I think it's possible she's his big weakness. I just don't see the point of using Kamran as a character if he doesn't end up fighting Kamala.
Feels like the DoDC will be the final bad next week. I'm curious how they'll close the search for Night Girl and/or find out she's Kamala. And if we're in for any surprise cameos or not. While Ms. Marvel almost had the same structure as Moon Knight. least likely person gets thrust into the world of super heroics, a big flashback episode in the penultimate but in this case, Ms. Marvel's episode 6 feels like it could be a lot of housekeeping/an extended epilogue.
I'm not sure if anyone cares any more for the DoDC than they do the Clan Destine. Like, it would be fun to see Kamala punk them all as Ms. Marvel but have they really been built up enough as antagonists? At least Kamran has emotional resonance...
You know this does make me realize whatever the previous plans were for Damage Control in the MCU have drastically changed because weren't they supposed to at one point get their own series? Maybe it was just an ABC show (back when those were a thing) but I'm pretty sure they were suppose to be more heroic or at least more neutral then how villainous they've become now. But I think as things changed someone realized "you know we probably should have some other government group in to be more generally antagonistic that could maybe tie into other things like say The Thunderbolts" or something like that. Which also makes me think this could end possibly with Val trying to recruit Kamran for that... probably not going to happen but just an idea that sprang off from the top of my head.
Damage Control is nothing like this in the comics. They really only just clean up Superhero battles, never arrest/detain people like actual law enforcement.

I feel like the MCU wants to critique law enforcement/government without explicitly doing so which is why they're using Damage Control as a stand-in.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
"Beyond The Sea" in context is admittedly a much worse episode. Granted in a sense it's one people were actually asking for more wanting an actual origin for Jacob and "The Man In Black" but it horribly punted that in how it presented the characters making the one whose supposed to be the villain wayyyyyyyyyy more sympathetic then the one whose supposed to be more heroic. And it's not supposed to be ironic either as the villain character is supposed to be the main villain of the series you want to see defeated so pulling that there felt like the wrong choice. At least here it was giving a more thought through explanation over what happened to a presented character whose twist made sense though yeah I still didn't feel it was presented well. I feel like I'm in more a minority on this point of view and hey if you did get something more from this episode then me fair enough, but this was still better placed then what Lost did. Granted Lost at least ran longer and had already done episodes totally not focused on the main heroes before this while this is a limited series meant for only one hero but still came together better.
I wonder how far off-topic I can get responding to this post before Yojimbo puts his foot up my butt. It's concerns me, because when he's modding, Yojimbo always seems to wear freaking cleats. I respect and fear him in equal measure. But Yojimbo is a famous Lostie so he might let me get away with this ONE post. I hope.

I will say this one thing about "Beyond The Sea" before dropping it. The fact that it basically suggested we've been rooting for the wrong people the entire season, and essentially the series, is one of the things I like about it. Because despite it suggesting that, it's simply an avenue for the viewer to consider, and not an actual verifiable fact. A viewer can exit the series believing what they want about the motives of Jacob, the Man in Black, and their disturbed mother. But regardless of a person's origins, certain bad choices HAVE been made by the Man in Black. But I like the fact that there are no clear-cut good or bad guys in the island mythology. It makes it feel richer to me at least.

Medinnus

Staff member
In reading this thread, my strange brain commented "Hey, whatddya know? For the Djinn world. we ARE the Phantom Zone!". After I finished chuckling, I remember one of my favorite MU storyline wherein the rest of the galactic neighbors decided that Earth was a perfect dumping ground for their criminals.

reflection01

The big weakness in the Disney+ MCU shows is the last episode is relatively clunky in terms of story and action. Just something is off with them. Hawkeye was the best if only for getting the Kingpin. Loki was an exposition dump.

Ms. Marvel was ok but better than most of the others. The end is pretty clear how it sets up the future of the MCU. People are either going to hate it or love it. There is a post credits scene people will love or hate too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neo Ultra Mike

Okay before focusing on the season finale want to say one thing.
I will say this one thing about "Beyond The Sea" before dropping it. The fact that it basically suggested we've been rooting for the wrong people the entire season, and essentially the series, is one of the things I like about it. Because despite it suggesting that, it's simply an avenue for the viewer to consider, and not an actual verifiable fact. A viewer can exit the series believing what they want about the motives of Jacob, the Man in Black, and their disturbed mother. But regardless of a person's origins, certain bad choices HAVE been made by the Man in Black. But I like the fact that there are no clear-cut good or bad guys in the island mythology. It makes it feel richer to me at least.

"Beyond The Sea" to me fails so much because of WHEN it came out. As IMHO... it would have worked better as the 6th season premiere. As yeah it was still more up in the air who was supposed to be the "evil" between Man in Black (oh and also give him a flipping name too that was seriously dumb they never did that) and Jacob but by the point in the show they dropped that MiB WAS the main villain and you were suppose to want to see him die... so having the flashback then feels off and feels like it's breaking the flow of the main story at the time. I will say though "Beyond The Sea" makes the finale better when Hurley is given control of the island because you know he wouldn't run it the crappy way Jacob did so I do appreciate that but... enough Lost let's talk Miss Marvel shall we?

"No Normal" - I think I said it before but I'll say it again; Miss Marvel may have the worst villains in the MCU with the Clan Destined but I'll give credit to it easily having one of the best supporting casts. Like the first half of the show really worked getting to spend a lot of time with them and... episode 5 was so bad as I couldn't really care about Kamala's ancestor but this one worked because it did spend a lot of time with these guys. Heck the idea of Kamala, Kamran, Bruno, Nakia and Zoe teaming up to pull off this sort of prank distraction just to get Damage Control off their backs to sneak Kamran away is the kind of silly nonsense that feels more at home in say Amphibia then the MCU. Not to knock the animated disney cartoon but it's obvious that is suppose to be going for a younger kiddish tone but... honestly they are able to pull off a good balance of that as well as the looming danger of Kamran's powers going more overboard. Again the Clan Destined suck but I would Kamran being emotional at the idea of his mom dead but I am glad that he isn't directly fighting Kamala or is specifically just angry at her since she did tell him the truth about it and is more directly angry at Damage Control. Which... yeah totally fair enough the guys constantly shooting and chasing at you is eventually get under your skin especially when your powers aren't acting well with your body so I get him lashing out. And I am glad it did show him actually take some of them out. That's what the whole "graphic nature" warning at the beginning was about and it wasn't anything like directly major or pointed out but yeah pretty clear some of the ones crushed by the lockers or crystals aren't coming back but again totally their own fault. I do like Kamala still wanting to save him and pointing out how his mom did care about him at the end and pointing out "there is no normal but what you do with what you have" actually ending with him going off to meet up with that Red Dagger kid so that gives the whole "going to Pakistan" plot from the last two episodes more of a purpose as well as it was to set up where Kamran went up so good on that. I also appreciate though having cool shots of Kamala throwing shields and going huge hands and crushing that device what winds up saving the day is actually Zoe broadcasting Damage Control attacking them and pinning them down and getting the people even other cops on their side. I do like how this shows "yeah this branch is going too far and obviously if even the actual legal system is against you for what you're doing you are going to get in trouble" with Deever getting officially revoked off this case after the bad backlash against Damage Control. I guess it also shows Clearly as more the "yeah we need to do this more by the book" but do hope this is something that follows DC in other series as well considering all the hassle they will likely cause in the future as well.

And honestly it's good to see the sense of humor back in this show again. Like 4 and especially 5 felt kind of dry with that but this came in a good way but also wasn't getting in the way of the more dramatic moments. As I did really like Kamala wanting to tell her family her super powers but them already knowing due to Muneeba blabbing to Yusuf and Aarmir overhearing and then the joke about "are your powers infinite" or "did you intentionally make a mistake trying to save that guy earlier?" And I admit her jumping around and actually stopping for the traffic light with her powers though kind of silly was actually funny so well done joke there. Also like the mosque being prepared to be carded this time around and the guy Nakia had pretend to be her boyfriend and the silly hat disguise (mostly for the "what are you wearing "what are you wearing" when they meet back up with Kamala) and then Kamala doing that entire plan on the backboard and it being asked "wait are we going to defeat Damage control with soft balls?" and Bruno causing a distraction before being tackled and thrown into the cop car and then everyone buzzing on social media about Kamala and Jersey having it's own super hero and Nakia taking the keyes from Bruno when he was talking with Kamala... okay I'm split on the final "joke" that this ends on. I admit the visual of Kamala transformed into Carol and her expressions just looking around are funny and I do appreciate how that is a shout out to the comics when Kamala first got her powers. On the other hand though... that made a lot more sense in the comics with how Kamala's powers worked and her attitude at the time as that came as the start of her super hero arc not the end of her first major one. I guess this is also done as a way to connect her more into The Marvels (which yeah even the tag points out that's when we'll see Kamala next) and I doubt they'll have Kamala stay as Carol for too long when there's an actual Carol Danvers around but eh it is one of the few things that bugged me on this one. *Watches again* I guess it's more supposed to be that Kamala and Carol swapped places due to the bangle which I guess makes more sense and will be a good hook to that movie but still come across as a weird tease here especially for something we'll only get the answer to in like a year. I guess if we're talking other small foiables and annoyances of the episode I do feel Nakia and Kamala's whole "oh you didn't tell me this but we tell each other everything and this is the biggest thing ever" was a bit rushed and maybe the stuff with Damage Control dozed by the fire extinguishers was a bit silly (worth it for the joke of Zoe trying to crack it open realistically not wanting to hurt her arm though) but that's really it.

I do again also like the dramatic and foreshadowing bits though. I do appreciate that scene with Yusuf talking with his daughter about her name and about how he and Muneeba were trying to have a second kid for ages. I guess trying to tie it to Marvel could be seen as a bit of a stretch but... I think it works since it connects with how Carol was even called Captain Marvel by Fury in her movie his love of that old soul group so Kamala's name also meaning Marvel coming from her parents love and desires from her work. Also remember how last week everyone tried saying that "oh hey look at the Clan Destined potentially being wrapped in Terrigen Mist coccoons when they die that means Kamala will be an inhuman right?" Yeah NOPE. Like seriously I have said over and over and over again pretty clear Feige doesn't care for the Inhumans and doesn't want them to be directly in the main MCU. Black Bolt getting killed in an alternate reality is all you're going to get with them most likely so it turns out that Kamala in the MCU has a mutation, aka she's the official first mutant in the MCU. Which I find even more hilarious because the reason Kamala was created in the first place was because Perlmutter wanted to push more Inhumans due to not wanting the Mutants in the comics to be as big a force due to them being owned by FOX at the time. But now that Marvel fully owns the mutants and Perlmutter and his stink is totally gone feels like just a special middle finger "ha ha yeah Kamala sure ain't that" by having her as a mutant. Which makes the whole damage control chasing her make more sense as yeah even in the comics there were this whole thing not only against mutants but also younger super heroes that will probably be in the MCU as well so glad this got the jump on that.

Overall solid ending to a solid series. It wasn't super action packed but I liked the characters and the story told with them and the evolution of Kamala becoming a super hero and learning how best to use her power and the story of those around her. When it wasn't focused as much on that it lost me but... that was like 1 and a half out of 6 episodes which is still pretty good for an MCU series. I still feel that these series pull themselves together at the end for the most part well enough to excuse some pacing issues (especially since that's a thing with streaming series in general) though hopefully She Hulk will be more "monster of the week" to offer a different attitude then what we have been getting. Still this one is overall pretty solid. Will have to think how to rank it compared to all the other streaming series so far but it's certainly not the worst as it had a good start and a good end. And hopefully Larson, Vellani and Parris have great chemistry in their film when it comes out next year.

Frontier

Staff member
I have to wonder how they came up with the idea to make the main antagonists of a Ms. Marvel show be...Damage Control. Like, was the idea to stick it to the Feds or something on behalf of the Muslim community? To set up how people will react to Mutants given the ending reveal? They thought it'd be cool :confused:?

And, if they were going to make the villains an excessive government agency arresting people with less than stellar probable cause...couldn't we have exchanged generic Damage Control lady for Becky St. Jude AKA Lockdown? Like if they weren't going to use Kamran as a villain, couldn't we at least have Ms. Marvel fight an actual Ms. Marvel villain in her own show :(?

I also wonder why they thought to make Kamran...so unlike Kamran in the comics. Like, he's such a decent guy, he just couldn't control his powers, having a more genuine romance with Kamala, and his only real flaw was believing too much into the Clan Destine hype. Which isn't really Kamran from the comics at all. Like, you could've given him the name of an actual Clan Destine or, heck, give him the name of a random Mutant and it probably would have made more sense than calling him Kamran. Are they even going to do anything more with him other than stick him with his love rival in Red Dagger? Are they going to be the new Sam and Bucky :rolleyes2:.

One significant departure from the comics is Kamala revealing her identity to her family. Her mom found out, her dad eventually found out, but they had their memories wiped. Also Aamir and Tyesha never found out and still don't know her identity. Also Abu took her Superhero status here wayyyy better than he did in the comics :oops:.

We get the suit! And...no real explanation for it or why it looks so high-grade other than her mom just handing it to her. So Kamala's costume was made by her mom? Guess that's something she has in common with Superman ;).

Also, the suit is fairly comic-accurate...but she has sneakers instead of boots. Why? Is it because sneakers are a bigger deal than I used to think they are :quinn:?

Gotta be honest, I think the crystal steps look kind of stupid (also why would she obey traffic lights when she's in the air?) :french2:.

Agent Cleary may be a jerk but even he knows bad publicity is bad publicity. It was nice to see him finally losing it :proud:.

Zoe immediately appears out of nowhere and has, like, no reaction to Kamala being the Superhero or finding out her identity. Would she have immediately realized it had Kamala not had her mask up at the time? I guess it was nice to see Zoe back for the finale :).

I'm glad they managed to fit in Kamala and Nakia's reconciliation as well as the start of Nakia and Zoe's friendship :anime:.

A bunch of teenagers and one girls' older brother sure gave the government a good run for their money...like, I know they ended up getting caught, but it really kind of sells who the target audience for this series was :sweat:.

Kamran and Kamala once again share an almost kiss...only it's even worse here because Bruno saw it and it's what spurred him on to Caltech because he doesn't think he has a chance with Kamala. He doesn't even confess his feelings to her. Well, at least he got Kamran's car out of it :cool:.

"Embiggen!" She finally said it! And then she starts fighting like herself! But the projected arms looked kind of weird...like, let her just stretch herself, show :rolleyes:.

"Kamal means 'Marvel'" "Our little Ms. Marvel" - I guess that's probably about the best they can do in working in her codename, although now I imagine people on the street are just going to randomly call her that like she's always been known as Ms. Marvel...kind of like how they handled Carol as Captain Marvel :elle:.

Okay, so Kamala's a Clan Destine, has one half of the Nega Bands, exchanges places with Captain Marvel like Rick Jones...and is a Mutant (cue a riff of the 90's X-Men theme). Like, what's next? Make her the host for Captain Universe :p?

I dunno, I didn't need the Mutant aspect. Whatever the origins of her powers, be they Inhuman or otherwise, it really doesn't define Kamala or who she is. I hope they don't use this as an excuse to try and force a connection with the X-Men, because I don't think either characters need it :shrug:.

So Kamala uses her half of the Quantum Band to switch places with Carol, so Kamala is presumably in space and possibly dealing with...whatever Carol was dealing with at the time. She seemed to be in a more downplayed version of her costume so I wonder if she was in downtime or in a more leisurely setting than a full on Superhero moment. And now Carol has to figure out whose room she was in and get back to wherever it is Kamala is. Although at first glance I wonder if Carol thinks some random person kidnapped her because they're an obsessive fan :eek:?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Idk, I was amused they went with Home Alone-ing Damage Control. There wasn't a big bad or well developed ones to boot but in the end, I'm glad they got six episodes to dedicate to the origin story of Ms. Marvel and really let the audience get to know her so heading into The Marvels, the movie doesn't have to spend Act 1 pushing through a rushed intro for her (same with Monica).

I guess the message is not even Damage Control is infallible? Bad optics, Deever! Though I guess we know she's likely gonna be anti-mutant...

Cool she got her super suit, got to do her Embiggen catch phrase and finds a code name she likes. My favorite moment were all the people rallying around her and accepting her as their neighborhood superhero.

Huhn, so they did leave some lingering questions like where the second bangle went or what was up with the severed Kree arm in a Ten Rings temple in the 1940s.

Well, seeding X-Men on the surface but really, Bruno just said she had a mutation in her genes. Inhumans and Mutants are both mutations so it is kind of a vague line that doesn't necessarily confirm Kamala is one or the other. Inhumans need to go through a process to activate their their powers whereas Mutants naturally activate their powers upon puberty. But on the other hand if Feige doesn't want to do Inhumans and just focus on Eternals and Mutants, so be it. He's at the wheel and knows that's coming up in the next couple years. It's not a deal breaker for me. We know she's part Djinn, an extra dimensional race of humanoid/near human beings. Good enough. But rofl at her meta line, casually brushing it off as just being another label. :D :D

End tag: Ha ha, yeah, I also immediately thought of that as a mod to Rick Jones and Mar-Vell from the late 60s/70s CM comics. Looking forward to seeing what the reveal is all about in The Marvels.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Ms. Marvel "No Normal"

I LIKED it. But I am troubled. I am troubled that outside of Loki, Marvel Studios hasn't delivered a finale I've loved. Star Wars has given strong endings to The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Even The Book Of Boba Fett, as polarizing as it was, had a great finale. This specific thing is not as elusive as Marvel Studios is making it seem.

I think my problems with the series boil down to the fact that it's a goofy fantastical premise, that the producers have severely hampered as far as goofiness and fantasy go. The tone feels more like one of the "Street" Netflix shows if there existed a version that wasn't appalling or depressing. I appreciate the necessity to ground things a bit for budgetary reasons. But outside of the fight in the school with the baseballs and exploding goo, this simply wasn't fun enough. And that's been a troubling problem for most of the Marvel shows. I think Marvel Studios is going through a period of crisis. The latest Doctor Strange movie was outright bad, and none of these shows, which are designed to be cross-promotional, really hype me for the big-screen stuff. Even Brie Larson in the cliffhanger tag is as out of place as that character feels.

Let's talk about the good things (and there were a few). I liked the solidarity the community showed Ms. Marvel at the end. The reasons for doing so will be addressed with my gripes.

I like that the team-up at the end isn't a superhero epic crossover, it's Kamala's friends and family. And I like that idea very much.

Now I have to talk about the things I didn't like.

The Mutation thing, complete with X-Men '97 Theme, is wrong. I am aware that Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. was an incompetently enough written show that it believed there was no difference between Inhumans and Mutants, but I'm upset Feige himself is blurring that line. Yes, the Inhumans as a premise suck butt, and yes, I would loathe to see the MCU do a legit adaptation with its MANY questionable and harmful tropes. But they aren't the same thing. At all.

Damage Control sucks too. And I understand that the show is lacking good villains. But making Damage Control an out-of-control law enforcement agency goes against the entire premise. It's called "Damage Control". Part of their shtick NEEDS to be PR. Comic fans can tell me if it is or not, but based on the name it damn well SHOULD be. Its leader shouldn't be repeatedly firing guns at a couple of teenagers in front of a crowd full of witnesses filming it and posting it online. Am I dumb for having to complain about that? The show obviously decided Clan Destine could NOT hold up a finale as adversaries, and scrambled to put Damage Control in the bad guy role instead. Big mistake.

I feel like a great Marvel Studios show is not asking the moon. Feige obviously doesn't really care too much about these projects, and clearly sees it as Supplemental stuff to promote and sell the films. That's ostensibly the role of the Star Wars TV shows too, you know. Those shows actually have producers who care enough about the material to make them good.

I am extremely disappointed in the fact that that was a good finale and a good series. I wanted a great one of both. ***1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like a great Marvel Studios show is not asking the moon. Feige obviously doesn't really care too much about these projects, and clearly sees it as Supplemental stuff to promote and sell the films. That's ostensibly the role of the Star Wars TV shows too, you know. Those shows actually have producers who care enough about the material to make them good.
I think the difference is the Star Wars TV shows have Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni to oversee all of them. I think it's becoming clear, the MCU shows don't have that and could use it. Instead, it feels like a group of producers who divvy up duties and each take on a # of shows to shepherd. They say they talk to producers on other shows/movies, but it feels like these talks are just holding a clip board and checking off boxes and there's no clear single vision.

As for Damage Control, the department as a whole isn't out of control. It was one bad egg with tunnel vision who was in a position of power and now she isn't. Agent Clearly summed up the irony, they had to send in a unit to clean up after the mess their own agency created.

EDIT: Ali confirms a lot of backstory on Clandestines, they're not Djinns, Red Daggers, Noor Dimension, and how it is connected to everything else was cut for time.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I've officially turned 26 years old.
Nowadays, Cartoon Network have done everything they can to bury Powerpuff Girls Z, not referencing it in Crossover Nexus and other Cartoon Network media. Why?!
Twitter, why are you such a bane of my existence?
the_joker wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I just found out a life-size Lucario plush exists.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of (the "formal" premiere of) Codename: Kids Next Door. This show is one of (if not) my favorite Cartoon Network show(s) and I remain hopeful that Tom Warburton's wish for the sequel show to see the light of day become a reality.

Featured Posts